TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EricMM

Discuss your viewpoints #2~!

Guest Some Guy
Now Terrorist issue. I wasn't saying the IRA are after the US. But I am saying they are a known terrorist group. But checking everyone who is remotely arabic is just stupid. Because NOT all are terrorist, infact all these big bad terrorist did TWO major acts EVER to the US. And it was the SAME small group of people who did it. Hell, the KLAN has done more terrorist acts to this country than any one else. We should profile all with the rebel flags hanging or painted it on their cars. Because they could be terroist too.

Tom listed the attacks already by Arabs.

When did I say that we should check evryone who is remotely Arabic looking? Sounds liek someone is trying to put words in my mouth. The vast majority of American born Arabs are not terrorists. So msot of them won't have a problem. There is a specific despription of what most Arab terrorists are like. 18-34, recently entered th ecounry on a student visa and didn't go to school, attending flight school and not wanting to know how to land, etc.. I'm being a little sarcastic, but I think you get my drift.

Racial profiling does not mean harrassing every minority, it means singling out those who are statistcally (sp?) moct likelt to commit certain crimes (drug dealing, robbery, larceny, car theft, murder, etc...) I just so happens that young male minorities tend to commit more of those crimes. That's why they are singled out.

Guest Ripper

Man, some of you should become black and try to get a corperate job or try to get into a prodominately white college, cause people, Affermitive action is still needed sometimes.

I think in terms of government contracts, and colleges where the applicants are of equal standing, it is very necessary. When you look at the number DRASTICALLY drop from 10-12% black admitance to some colleges in California to well under less that 1% as soon as affermitive action was taken away, you have to take notice. It is a little naive to assume that NO minorities were qualified suddenly. I have been turned down for a growing number of jobs when my race became apparent...to the point that I included my picture on my digital portfolio to save me money of going to inteviews in other states for them to decide within 5 minutes of seeing me that they decided to go another way. Funny story. I got turned down for a job in my animation field in Atlanta. They said that they didn't feel that I had the experience although they enjoyed my work. So I turned a white friend of mine to the job, who really didn't want to but said he would try. He ended up forgetting the interview, and came back in town. He didn't have a clean dress shirt or anything so he borrowed one of mine, but he didn't have time to Iron it and he didn't like any of my ties. SO. My friend goes to the interview with a wrinkled shirt, no tie, He didn't recived a Associates degree from the EXACT same school I went to, had no experience(I had 10 freelance jobs, one company job, and 2 interships...he had NOTHING) and a ran together portfolio that even he will admit is crap compared to mine. GUESS WHAT? He gets the job. Even told him, don't worry about the no experiece, we are willing to train. AND he was asking for 5,000 more a year on his resume than me. I actuall found it funny, because I was happy for my friend and I really wouldn't want a job with someone that didn't want me there. One day I met him there for lunch and the look that the guy that was over the art department gave me was funny as hell.

Now as I said, I don't want a job that people don't want me at, but at the same time, I am single and young. I can afford it. Pride doesn't feed the kids. Goverment contracts are the difference between businesses surviving and not. Alot of these contracts are given out due to favors and connectsions, NOT QUALITY OF WORK AS THEY SHOULD. Why should minority owned businesses get a small pecentage of them.

AA does not take a huge amont of jobs and spots from qualified whites. The businesses are required to take in a small percentage of QUALIFIED minorities, sometimes only 1-2 minority to 20-30 whites is enough to pacify civil rights factions. It is a bad assuption that because someone got ajob because of AA they must have beaten out more qualified whites.

And lets be honest...If you were hiring due to qualifications only, what is the liklihood that minorites wouldn't be hired?? REALLY. If you are hiring on merits only, you will have a diverse group anyway. Trust me, you won't just end up with white males.

The only solution to it all is a completely blind interviewing process or third party interviewing firms. Unless that is implmented, AA is still very necessary and very important.

And racial profiling...Everyone knows my stance on it. I still don't think that most of you are grasping that if you say it is ok for one race, you can't backtrack and say, "HEY, not ME just the Arabs." There is a difference between profiling and racial profiling. There is a difference between racial profiling and racisim.

If there is a profile for people pulling up to a house, staying nomore than 2-3 minutes and leaving, chances are they are buying drugs and that is a drug house. Fine. If the Profile is, young black males smoke weed, lets randomly pull over young black males to see if they have weed, THAT IS WRONG. If all you did was be black, that does not warrent you being incovieniced. If you are pulled over because I don't like blacks, thats racism.

I am just not ready to say that "Flying while Arab" is enough of a reason to target anyone, just as "Driving while Black" is no reason to pull cars over .

Guest TheyCallMeMark
And lets be honest...If you were hiring due to qualifications only, what is the liklihood that minorites wouldn't be hired?? REALLY. If you are hiring on merits only, you will have a diverse group anyway. Trust me, you won't just end up with white males.

If that's the case, then why are you so concerned?

Guest Some Guy
I think in terms of government contracts, and colleges where the applicants are of equal standing, it is very necessary. When you look at the number DRASTICALLY drop from 10-12% black admitance to some colleges in California to well under less that 1% as soon as affermitive action was taken away, you have to take notice. It is a little naive to assume that NO minorities were qualified suddenly.

Why is it naive? It's certainly possible, but doubtful. To use your stats, with Afirmative Action blacks were not even meating their percentage of the population in college (12.6% is black). So why is it naive to think that there would be a drastic drop off in Collegge attendence by blacks after they stopped recieving favorable treatment? 1% seems suspiciously low, but the point stands.

My question about all this "diversity" shit is; If we are supposed to be color blind, why does every survey and application ask us what color we are? It seems counter productive to being color blind if you constantly ask someone what color they are. Maybe they shoudl just stop asking and take people based on their essays and grades. Them the best students really will get in regardless of color. But then they might not have every single race and country represented on their campus. Oh the humanity! It's sad that political correctness cheats so many people.

Guest Spicy McHaggis
Man, some of you should become black and try...

Oh, boo freaking hoo. Everyone has difficulties to overcome in life. Don't give me this poor me victim crap.

If you are hiring on merits only, you will have a diverse group anyway. Trust me, you won't just end up with white males.

In a workplace of 100 employees, you would most likely end up with 75 whites, 12 blacks, 8 Mexicans, 4 Asians, and 1 American Indian.

Guest Some Guy
If you are hiring on merits only, you will have a diverse group anyway. Trust me, you won't just end up with white males.

In a workplace of 100 employees, you would most likely end up with 75 whites, 12 blacks, 8 Mexicans, 4 Asians, and 1 American Indian.

Well if you wanted an acurate representation of the country you would. I don't get where the idea that very company should be equally represented according to race. Like 1/4 white, 1/4 black, 1/4 Hispanic, 1/4 Aisan, where did that shit come from? It makes no sense when you look at the population.

Guest Ripper

It is very VERY VERY naive to believe that all of the minorities all of a sudden just aren't qualified. any more. Berkly went from accepting something like 10% to 1...not one percent...1 fucking person. 1person of color...ONE!!!!!

The problem is that when universities and jobs don't have to employ minoriites, in all likelihood, they will go with their own kind. It is sad but you KNOW that it is true. If a CEO or dean of admissions can help a group of white students with 3.7 GPA or a bunch of black students with 3.8, chances are he will go with the group of whites. Why? I would say because he doesn't like black people, I would believe more because he can identify with a group of white guys trying to get into college. IT is the truth. And truth be told, if a black person that had to struggle to get into college was there, chance are they would go with the minority applicants. It is human nature..

Problem is, human nature has no place in these situations.

I still think that most of white america are completely ignorant to what black professionals have to go through. I think they are completely ignorant to the struggle black students have trying to get into college. There are 4.0, outstanding SAT scoring students at "black" colleges not because they wanted to be there. They had too much trouble getting into the colleges the SHOULD have been accepted to. Affermitive action allows for a SMALL percentage to get in (I have yet to see a AA law that called for anyting over 10-15%) and you are saying that is too much. Do you really think that all of those white students that get in are more qualified than 100% of the minorities that applied. CEOS and Heads of COlleges got there during a time where we KNOW that blacks had no chance of advanceing.

Right now I am the only black man at my job...and I know that I get paid considerably less that each and every single person here. In todays job market however, I either take what they pay me or go out there and look for something better which probably won't happen.

If blind interviews and acceptance in colleges were implicated, I hate to break it to you, but it would not be a all white campus or company. It actually would be diverse. Alot more diverse now.

I still don't understand where people got this vision that a bunch of white genius's aren't getting jobs or getting in school so that stupid under qualified minorities can. That is not how it is working. AA is allowing qualified minoiritys to actually get what they would probably get anyway if the hiring and acceptance was done without race being known.

Guest Some Guy

In this country white people in general have better education and more money than blacks, Whites score better on tests than Blacks, they are more likely to graduate high school, there are alot more white people in the country, like 150 million more. That's why I don't think colleges would be more diverse. While there may be mitigating factors as to why blacks don't preform as well as whites, it is true. And as my father says. "you can't argue with true."

I can't beleive that the most leftist school in the country would stop accepting black people because AA was ended in Cali. Berkley, the city has the only member of Congress to vote against the war in Afghanistan, she's a black women, who's to the left of Lenin. If Berkley or any other college uses discriminatory admission practices, they should be ashamed of themselves, I'm looking for fair admissions, not pro-white or pro-black. AA does not provide fairness, it provides more discrimination.

Guest Spicy McHaggis
I still think that most of white america are completely ignorant to what black professionals have to go through. I think they are completely ignorant to the struggle black students have trying to get into college.

Like I said, boo freaking hoo. I still think that most of black America is completely ignorant to what the "evil white man" has to go through. I think it is completely ignorant to the struggle of white students trying to find money to pay for college when every scholarship is offered to "people of color."

Guest Ripper

In this country white people in general have better education and more money than blacks, Whites score better on tests than Blacks, they are more likely to graduate high school, there are alot more white people in the country, like 150 million more. That's why I don't think colleges would be more diverse. While there may be mitigating factors as to why blacks don't preform as well as whites, it is true. And as my father says. "you can't argue with true."

Well you can argue when it is bullshit.

As cute as those little "studies" go, here is the truth. Blacks of the same income level perform equal to whites of teh same income level. In other words, low income whites perform the exact same as low income blacks. Middle class blacks perform just as well as Middle class whites and so on ans so on. Those "studies" everyone likes to live off of compare middle to upper class whites students with lower income blacks students and say "Hey look, were smarter!!!"

You want to know what happens if you compare middle class blacks with lower income whites?? Hey, black people must be smarter?? How.. See how fun it is to use fixed test studies. BTW, there are test studies that prove that AIDs is NOT transmitted by bodily fluids and that cigerettes do NOT cause cancer. Just thought you would like to know that.

I am from a majority white town (about 70 percent) but is a realitvly small town. (just 1 6a school and a 4A private school.) The so basically everyone gets the same education. In the last 20 years, 7 white validictorians, 10 black and 2 Latino and 1 Arab. Saldatiorians? 11 white, 8 blacks and 2 Arab american. The top 20 percentile...around 50/50 every year.

In in SCIENCE studies are done where all of the variables are the same. These "studies" that are done by the civil rights groups and the US government are disgraces and shouldn't be allowed to call themselves true.

So I say all that to say this. The middle class Blacks and Whites and upper class blacks and whites are the ones that are mostly applying for college. Test scores and grades are routinely equal...yet the percentages in application to rejection for the races are amazingly skewed in places where AA doesn't exist(and this is not to make it sound like all colleges are racist. I think that a majority of US colleges do accept on the basis of qualifications, and even without AA in place, you will see them being some of the most diverse colleges.) You can't argue with the truth.

And the thing about Berkly was/is 100% true. All of the people that were for AA used that to point thier finger at. It occured the EXACT admission period after AA was taken away.

Guest Some Guy

I was talking about all whites vs. all blacks, that's a fair sample. I didn't say that all white people were smarter then all black people, but since there are so many more whites in the country there is a greater likelyhood of finding a lot more whites are smarter than a lot of blacks.

Guest Ripper
I still think that most of white america are completely ignorant to what black professionals have to go through. I think they are completely ignorant to the struggle black students have trying to get into college.

Like I said, boo freaking hoo. I still think that most of black America is completely ignorant to what the "evil white man" has to go through. I think it is completely ignorant to the struggle of white students trying to find money to pay for college when every scholarship is offered to "people of color."

That is without a doubt the single funniest thing that I have ever heard in my life.

As I close the envelope on another one of my school loans(3 loans which paid for every dime of school minus a few writing and art awards) I stop and think back on my 3.9 GPA and 32 ACT score and wonder how in the fucking hell is it possible for me to not have recieved any type of aid to go to school. Then I think of how my school cost about 15,000 a year and my mother was making 17,000 a year.... and then I think about how a majority of my friend and family had to go to the military to get help with college dispite having high scores on test and such (except the family in georgia that got to use that damn Hope scholorship)...then I think about how as little as 2-3 weeks ago there was a story about some civil rights groups requesting a look into how a disportionate amount of scholorships are given to white students over black(although I don't exactly agree with them on why its happening or what ever) followed by the numbers showing how many more scholorships go to whites than minorities(I still think it has more to do with minorities being...well the minority therefore the numbers are decieving) and just wonder where the hell did you get THAT from.

Guest Ripper
I was talking about all whites vs. all blacks, that's a fair sample. I didn't say that all white people were smarter then all black people, but since there are so many more whites in the country there is a greater likelyhood of finding a lot more whites are smarter than a lot of blacks.

Yeah, but the percentage of blacks testing well with percentage of whites testing well is actually pretty even. If you want to go off a pure number count, well then fine...but then we also have to start talking about how more whites are actually on welfare, committ more violent crimes, drug abusers, and such..in the percentages blacks are worse off, but in sheer numbers, whites win in those catogories too.

Its like if you have have 2 cities..one with 1000 people and one with 1,000,000 people. A bomb kills 500 people in the city with 1000 citizens and 1000 people in the city that has 1,000,000. Using you logic, the city that lost 1000 people will be dire straits more the one that lost 50% of its population.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

Find me ONE scholarship offered specifically to white males.

Guest Ripper

We can go to the big book of Scholarships and find hundreds that historically go to white people with only one or two exceptions.

Once again, you are attacking something that became necessary due to the unequal treatment of minorities. So there are 1-2 miniority only scholarships...there are 100's that are for only whites that just don't outright say it.

Guest Spicy McHaggis
We can go to the big book of Scholarships and find hundreds that historically go to white people with only one or two exceptions.

Once again, you are attacking something that became necessary due to the unequal treatment of minorities. So there are 1-2 miniority only scholarships...there are 100's that are for only whites that just don't outright say it.

I said find me ONE scholarship that is SPECIFICALLY OFFERED to white males.

Guest Ripper

Well since I am a college graduate and don't keep up with scholarships as hard as I did when I...well...you know needed them, you win, because there isn't one scholarship that specifically says that they give only to whites, the nation obviously gives everything to minorities...despite the fact that it is common knowledge that whites revieve more of the scholorships...and more acceptance into schools...and despite that their ARE scholarships that a minorities has never recived...

Yes, this is the black mans country and white people have to keep struggling to be considered out equals.

Oh wait...nearly every major college in america offer sholarships to second generation students...alot of these colleges didn't allow minority enrollment back then so it is virually impossible for a miniority to revieve it...although it will be in 10 to 20 more years...So I guess i win until 2012.

Guest Spicy McHaggis
...despite the fact that it is common knowledge that whites revieve more of the scholorships...and more acceptance into schools...

As long as whites make up 63% more of the population than blacks this will ALWAYS be the case.

Guest Ripper

Well...yeah. I think I have already said that. But how exactly does that add fire to your theory that all of the scholorships are going to people of color.

Guest TheMikeSC

<<<And thus the big massive can of worms.

Eh people start putting down your opinions first.

My stance is, there are places where it is needed, and places where it is NOT.

And how does it reflect the opposite, which is racial profiling?

Is it good to remove some of the rich white males from Americas leaders to provide a better spectrum, or do you actually think that rich white males are truly the best leaders of america ? >>>

Well, if one goes by the appointed black leadership, I certainly wouldn't want any of those assorted idiots with anything resembling a semblance of power.

-=Mike

...Diversity is quite the overrated goal. Excellence should be the focus.

Guest KoR Fungus

<<<As cute as those little "studies" go, here is the truth. Blacks of the same income level perform equal to whites of teh same income level. In other words, low income whites perform the exact same as low income blacks. Middle class blacks perform just as well as Middle class whites and so on ans so on.>>>

Yes, which is what I've been saying the whole time to explain why there *shouldn't* be affirmative action. If blacks of the same income do just as well as whites of the same income, then why should those blacks, who did just as well, suddenly get an advantage when it comes to admissions? Their circumstances growing up were the same as those of their white peers, and the results were the same, but you suddenly want them to get an advantage come college time? How can you possibly justify that?

Some of you need to stop getting equal opportunity and affirmative action mixed up. I, and pretty much everyone here, is all for equal opportunity, and is all for cracking down on companies/colleges that are clearly racist. But that's not what affirmative action is. Affirmative action gives black people an *advantage* over whites, in order to give them opportunities even if they're unqualified for them.

Guest TheMikeSC

So its ok for people to just be followed and pulled over because of skin color?>>>

Yup. You can be pulled over for whatever reason an officer sees fit.

<<<How is that effective work? That is just filling qutas which isn't effective work its wrong.>>>

Isn't that, basically, what AA is?

<<<If they want to get criminals, why not profile suspects of people who fit a crime.>>>

Hmm, young black males in a car driving around late at night.

Nope, no POSSIBLE reason to suspect them.

No sir.

<<<NOT just because someone is black. I know this because I read the paper and have a friend with a scanner. We know what crimes are done and what race to look for. >>>

And your point is what, exactly?

<<<Now Terrorist issue. I wasn't saying the IRA are after the US. But I am saying they are a known terrorist group.>>>

Well la-dee-friggin'-da. They're a known terrorist group.

They are NO threat to us (heck, Irish-Americans provide them most of their funding).

<<<But checking everyone who is remotely arabic is just stupid. Because NOT all are terrorist, infact all these big bad terrorist did TWO major acts EVER to the US.>>>

Of course, one of those terrorist acts was a bit of a doozy.

<<<And it was the SAME small group of people who did it. Hell, the KLAN has done more terrorist acts to this country than any one else.>>>

And since the KKK exists mainly on the Jerry Springer show nowadays, fearing them is comical.

Though, the FBI watches them like a hawk.

<<<We should profile all with the rebel flags hanging or painted it on their cars. Because they could be terroist too. >>>

Yup, they could be.

However, your critique of profiling is withering pretty badly here.

-=Mike

Guest TheMikeSC

There's a misconception when it comes to AA, In a perfect world AA wouldn't be an issue, but since we don't live in a perfect society AA is a good thing it levels the playing field. True, I don't want to be a "token black" but at the same time if im QUALIFIED for a job I shouldn't pass over because of my color of my skin. So lets not act like racism doesn't exist. I got story to tell in Illinois (where im from) There's white guy who's president of the IL Fireman association/commitee and he's racist he was one of the guys on the Infamous fireman tape saying racial slurs, and he protest against AA in BLACKFACE and now he's president do you think he's going promote a Hardworking QUALIFED BLACK or a MINORITY Firefighter in a high position? HELL NAW and type of shit like that makes me for AA. >>>

Question: Has the racist in question actually refused to promote any minorities yet?

I could care less if anybody tells off-color jokes or makes racist statements. Thought crime doesn't exist with me.

-=Mike

Guest KoR Fungus

<<<It is a bad assuption that because someone got ajob because of AA they must have beaten out more qualified whites.>>>

It's a bad assumption that everyone that got a job because of AA is unqualified.

However, it's flat out fact that lots of people that got jobs because of AA are unqualified. Maybe a minority, but still lots. Far too many.

My mom had a great story about this actually. She was working for a law firm in Texas in the 70s, and her boss, to appease civil rights activists, went on a black hiring spree to even out the numbers. One of those workers did nothing, ever. He didn't even pretend to do work, he just sat around all day doing nothing, knowing that he couldn't be fired because it would set the activists off. This went on for about a year, before the boss finally fired the guy. And, as expected, the civil rights activists went off, filed a lawsuit, and kept appealing all the way up to the supreme court. The supreme court actually heard the case before ruling against the guy. So, a year of paying a guy to do nothing and then probably more time than that in litigation, with God knows how much money wasted. Oh yeah, AA is great.

Guest TheMikeSC

<<<Man, some of you should become black and try to get a corperate job or try to get into a prodominately white college, cause people, Affermitive action is still needed sometimes. >>>

Hey, let's try being a middle-class white kid with average grades and decent SAT scores trying to get into an elite school.

<<<I think in terms of government contracts, and colleges where the applicants are of equal standing, it is very necessary. When you look at the number DRASTICALLY drop from 10-12% black admitance to some colleges in California to well under less that 1% as soon as affermitive action was taken away, you have to take notice.>>>

Yes, the California system was allowing minority students who were grossly underqualified for the rigors of study.

You act as if these students didn't go to college, period. They probably DID go to school---just a lower-tier school where they had a MUCH better chance of actually graduating.

<<<It is a little naive to assume that NO minorities were qualified suddenly.>>>

No, it isn't. When you recognize that they held minorities to lower standards than whites and Asians, it's not even close to being far-fetched.

<<<I have been turned down for a growing number of jobs when my race became apparent...to the point that I included my picture on my digital portfolio to save me money of going to inteviews in other states for them to decide within 5 minutes of seeing me that they decided to go another way.>>>

I LOVE that you assume it is ALWAYS your race that causes the problem and no other reason.

Funny stuff.

<<<Funny story. I got turned down for a job in my animation field in Atlanta. They said that they didn't feel that I had the experience although they enjoyed my work. So I turned a white friend of mine to the job, who really didn't want to but said he would try. He ended up forgetting the interview, and came back in town. He didn't have a clean dress shirt or anything so he borrowed one of mine, but he didn't have time to Iron it and he didn't like any of my ties. SO. My friend goes to the interview with a wrinkled shirt, no tie, He didn't recived a Associates degree from the EXACT same school I went to, had no experience(I had 10 freelance jobs, one company job, and 2 interships...he had NOTHING) and a ran together portfolio that even he will admit is crap compared to mine. GUESS WHAT? He gets the job. Even told him, don't worry about the no experiece, we are willing to train. AND he was asking for 5,000 more a year on his resume than me. I actuall found it funny, because I was happy for my friend and I really wouldn't want a job with someone that didn't want me there. One day I met him there for lunch and the look that the guy that was over the art department gave me was funny as hell. >>>

Maybe your friend was what they wanted.

Maybe you came across badly in the interview---lord knows you come across as not exactly being humble.

<<<Now as I said, I don't want a job that people don't want me at, but at the same time, I am single and young. I can afford it. Pride doesn't feed the kids. Goverment contracts are the difference between businesses surviving and not. Alot of these contracts are given out due to favors and connectsions, NOT QUALITY OF WORK AS THEY SHOULD. Why should minority owned businesses get a small pecentage of them.>>>

If they can win the contracts, they should get them.

But to assume that a government agency would be biased AGAINST a black company is laughable.

<<<AA does not take a huge amont of jobs and spots from qualified whites.>>>

Doesn't matter. It takes away jobs---period.

<<<The businesses are required to take in a small percentage of QUALIFIED minorities, sometimes only 1-2 minority to 20-30 whites is enough to pacify civil rights factions.>>>

And what if you can't find "qualified" minorities?

Then you have to find less qualified ones.

And, thus, the qualified members of your firm have more work to do covering up for them.

And since you can't fire them, they become workplace problem children.

<<<It is a bad assuption that because someone got ajob because of AA they must have beaten out more qualified whites.>>>

It's not a fair assumption---but that is what AA causes.

<<<And lets be honest...If you were hiring due to qualifications only, what is the liklihood that minorites wouldn't be hired??>>>

Hmm, considering how many minorities I know who have an, at best, weak grasp of the English language, more than likely.

If somebody can't speak properly, I wouldn't consider them for any job---white or black.

<<<REALLY. If you are hiring on merits only, you will have a diverse group anyway. Trust me, you won't just end up with white males. >>>

True---but as long as you have the AA cop-out, minority children will never achieve their skill level.

<<<The only solution to it all is a completely blind interviewing process or third party interviewing firms. Unless that is implmented, AA is still very necessary and very important. >>>

It's racist and should be illegal.

<<<And racial profiling...Everyone knows my stance on it. I still don't think that most of you are grasping that if you say it is ok for one race, you can't backtrack and say, "HEY, not ME just the Arabs.">>>

But, since we are looking for terrorists and Arabs TEND to do it, looking at others as closely would be silly.

-=Mike

Guest KoR Fungus

<<<I LOVE that you assume it is ALWAYS your race that causes the problem and no other reason.>>>

Yes! I hate that! I know that at Penn State, every time anything negative happens to any black student, the black caucus ALWAYS blames race.

It's disgusting. Last year, a black kid raped a white girl, and was going to be expelled. The black caucus bitched so much about the university wanting to expel the kid to hold blacks back and not let them get a fair chance that the university actually changed it to just a suspension. Totally absurd. Had a white guy raped a black girl, they'd be calling for his head on a plate.

And speaking of Penn State, they go waaay out of their way to recruit blacks. I don't think there are actually quotas or lower standards, but blacks are targeted when PSU does recruiting, and there are many scholarships dedicated to helping them get an education. It's much easier for a black student to get financial aid than a white student. And given that PSU is a pretty major university, that kind of kills that "all major universities discriminate against blacks" argument.

Guest ant_7000
Find me ONE scholarship offered specifically to white males.

Well, there's millions of scholarships and basically they're for anybody that qualify, so I don't whats the big deal bout it. And its not hard for white people to get financial than black people. As for racial profiling which im againist when it comes to (focusing) pulling over a certain group of people and then ignore another when they do the same thing. Hell, I get stop for nothing sometimes to me thats a waste of time and harrassment.

Guest NoCalMike

Well how many blacks could go to a bank to get a loan for college as compared to whites? How many backs have the resources at their public schools to accomplish the same goals as whites? Of course this not a reason not to try, since many blacks have overcome hardships, IN SPITE of racism, not because it doesn't exist, and believe me it DOES exist. The problem is without affirmitive action or a similar program, there is NOTHING to stop people from not hiring based on race. If an employer simply wants to do nothing more than fill quotas then it is his LAZY fault, don't blame affirmitive action, blame the person doing the hiring.