TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Austin=nwo's bitch

Anyone else want to see Steve Austin jobbed out and basically made Hall, Nash, and Hogan's personal bitch once the NWO arrive? Austin is COMPLETELY useless to the WWF and with the Rock and HHH around as the top babyfaces Austin is taking up valuable space in the upper card that should belong to someone who needs it MORE than Austin.

With the NWO coming in, the WWF should go out of their way to have the NWO beating/defiling/spraypainting Austin every chance they get. It's the only way I feel that they can get the NWO over and would make perfect sense given the storyline relationship between Vince (the NWO's employer) and the group that Austin be the first one against the wall when the NWO come in to carry out their unholy mission.....

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I say have the nWo make Rock their bitch.  I like Rock, and all, but Austin is a better worker, better talker, and more charismatic.  Austin is the WWF's number one babyface and will continue to be until he retires.

Guest theWCWRaider

I wouldn't say that Austin is useless to the WWF. Judging by the reaction of the crowds, he is still wanted on top.

Now, if you want to harm Austin for the sake of elevating someone, that isn't so bad, but Hogan, Hall and Nash, don't need that kind of rub.

Though, it does make sense that Austin would be the first challenger based on the NWO's Alliance with Vince.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

if vince isn't stupid (and I've got my doubts), he'll take things step by step. no hot shot angles and matches.

I say have the nWo make Rock their dog.  I like Rock, and all, but Austin is a better worker, better talker, and more charismatic.  Austin is the WWF's number one babyface and will continue to be until he retires.

Austin has to be squashed by the NWO. Having them trash midcarders is counterproductive and predictable. Having them beat Austin to a bloody pulp and humiliating him by way of spraypainting him constantly with the NWO logo will give the angle the unpredictableness that is needed for it to work.

Besides, Rock's done enough high profile jobs for the benifit of the WWF. It's time Austin bit the bullet and job like crazy. He's had his run (Mid-96 through 2000) and he's been more harmfull to the WWF overall than he's been helpfull in reguards to the storylines.

if vince isn't stupid (and I've got my doubts), he'll take things step by step. no hot shot angles and matches.

Where this comes into play, Austin gets the crap beaten out of him on a regular basis on free-tv and jobs to the NWO on the PPVs. That way nothing is hotshotted....

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The only problem that I see is the NWO beating Austin is completely unrealistic (based on in ring ability alone) and ironic (seeing as Austin single handedly destroyed the NWO via the ratings circa 1998)

you know vince will kep either Rock or Austin to be the guys that will get rid of the nWo at the end of the program. they just can't be squashed. hopefully it will be 'taker to make a sacrifice.

But I smell Jericho, Angle, RVD and a returning Benoit.

The Vanilla Midget Era is back.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Don't forget Flair.

That's Hogan's favorite sport...putting himself over Flair.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Austin is better than both HHH & Rock.  At least since he learned how to wrestle again in early 2001.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I say bring back Shane and have the nWo beat him up every show.  No reason, I just wanna see it.

Guest theWCWRaider

I think HHH may play a role in getting rid of the NWO in the end...don't know why, just a hunch.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think HHH may play a role in getting rid of the NWO in the end...don't know why, just a hunch.

Gee...I can think of one reason why he would book himself...er...do that.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Am I, the only person who sees Austin winning the title at NWO and then joining the nWo?  I think its pretty obvious.

if vince hopes to give consistence to the nWo, the least thing he must do is put wwf wrestlers into the faction. let it be Nash, Hall, Hogan, HBK and maybe some wcw reject.

... but you just know the Dudleys will join, dang!

Guest Kagato Otaku
if vince hopes to give consistence to the nWo, the least thing he must do is put wwf wrestlers into the faction. let it be Nash, Hall, Hogan, HBK and maybe some wcw reject.

... but you just know the Dudleys will join, dang!

Yup.   :)

Guest Kagato Otaku
Anyone else want to see Steve Austin jobbed out and basically made Hall, Nash, and Hogan's personal dog once the NWO arrive?

No.

Austin is COMPLETELY useless to the WWF and with the Rock and HHH around as the top babyfaces Austin is taking up valuable space in the upper card that should belong to someone who needs it MORE than Austin.

How is Austin COMPLETELY useless? What, by putting on great matches and being one of the most charismatic characters in the WWF? What?

Lex Luger was an nWo job-boy. Randy Savage was an nWo job-boy. The entirety of WCW were nWo job-boys. It wears thin after a while. Burying Austin on a regular basis for *months* doesn't get the nWo over. It'll get them some heel heat, but it'll die off. As will fan interest.

Cripes, not only are you Scotsman, but you're Vince McMahon as well! I didn't sign up as a multiple persona for this. I need a new job. Bah.

Guest JAMES900

It wouldn't surprise me if members of the NWO hold victories over Austin in the coming months.

Guest Haxor Jim Duggan

I wouldn't mind if, on the nWo's first TV(not pay-per-view) appearance, just sorta quasi-take over the show...running in and wreaking havok at any chance they get until one of the WWF's main faces(most likely Austin) tries to stop it...

It's really up to the creative team to make it look solid, and not bomb another huge angle(Invasion, anybody?)

Guest Galactic Gigolo

Am I the only one surprised by the fact that while he's still being pretty whiny, and not saying the smartest things, Judas is actually being a little competent.  I know he stalks Keith and all, but are we seeing a turnaround.

Nah... That's what pot'll do to you.

And by the way, Judas, please change your picture.  It's just weird!

Guest JAMES900

Judas is still mad about the whole "hackmaster" thing probably, of course seeing as i don't hold a qualification in psychology I can only speculate.

The Masked Yodeler that is the best sig ever.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

It depends how the wwf wants to treat the nWo, if they want to use them as the lethal poison, then the wwf must sacrifice some of their major players, at least in the short run.  As somebody has already mentioned, Austin defeated the nWo via ratings, and is probably the one figure most synonymous with the WWF.  Thus, if the WWF is to be truly threatened, Austin, and to a lesser degree Rock and HHH must be targetted by the nWo.

But rather than totally burying Austin as somebody suggested, he should be shown as being strong, and able to beat off one nWo individually, as the WWF can survive individual attacks.  However, the strength of numbers of the nWo should eventually overpower Austin, getting them over as a united faction hellbent on destroying the wwf, while building face sympathy heat for Austin.  Thus, the triad of WWF main eventers, Austin, HHH, Rock and the rest of the wwf must unite in order to eliminate the threat facing them.

This would also leed credence to the theory that jericho goes over Austin at No Way Out, and HHH at WM, as this would give him a major rub, and also free up the others for a run at the nWo.

Guest MARTYEWR

How the hect is Austin useless? The guy was able to re-invent himself over the past year and find a new catchphrase to keep himself fresh and still draw money. Not too many people can say that.

And to the person who said that the nWo attacking midcarders is counterproductive, I disagree. The storyline says that Vince will destroy the WWF by using the nWo and this is the best method; by going and taking out each WWF superstar there is. If you just have them run at the main eventers, than it's just another main event angle, rather than a money drawing angle which Vince wants.

Guest The Vanilla Midget
The storyline says that Vince will destroy the WWF by using the nWo and this is the best method; by going and taking out each WWF superstar there is. If you just have them run at the main eventers, than it's just another main event angle, rather than a money drawing angle which Vince wants.

I disagree on a couple of levels.

Firstly, if the nWo were to take out all the wwf superstars, then the nWo would have to be significantly larger and involve a number of midcarders as well.  This would then create a similar situation to wcw, where the nWo was huge, and a lot of guys would get lost in the madness.  and as the invasion proved, huge stable wars dont really work too well

The vast majority of the wwf's money drawing angles take place in the main event, as people dont largely buy ppv's to see say dudleyz v hardyz, they pay to see austin v hhh, etc.  To make this a money-drawing angle, vince must allow his main-eventers to appear threatened, and for the nWo to go over in the beginning, that way people will want to pay to see the ultimate blowoff when austin, hhh and co get their comeuppance on the nWo.  This ultimate blowoff and finality to the fued cannot happen if the fued encompasses both the mid and upper cards

Guest theStranger

Hmmm Well first of all here's my take on things (btw hi nice to meet y'all!) I think the way the angle is being booked right now it would make sense for Austin to face Hogan. Most likely at WM and Austin would then job out. In fact I could see the NWO beating Austin and other upper card-main event wrestlers weekly on TV.

I do think that Austin is an important part of WWF programming however, and therefore no matter how bad Austin will be made to look early on he will be booked to gain revenge. I could see the angle ending with a 3 man team of Rock, HHH, and Austin taking out the NWO once and for all. But all that is just my take.

I also wouldn't mind seeing "takeovers" of broadcasts. As we all know the WWF is the most professionally run company in terms of production values. It would be neat to see some disorder and chaos in the mix.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

This is the NWO we are talking about.  They would rather quit the WWF than job to Austin.

Guest MARTYEWR
Firstly, if the nWo were to take out all the wwf superstars, then the nWo would have to be significantly larger and involve a number of midcarders as well.  This would then create a similar situation to wcw, where the nWo was huge, and a lot of guys would get lost in the madness.  and as the invasion proved, huge stable wars dont really work too well

Why does this nWo necessarily need mid-carders to handle other mid-carders? I mean, Sid nicely put the WCW midcard in their place in 1999 en route to a monster push. It's the same thing as I'd imagine what they'd be doing here.

The vast majority of the wwf's money drawing angles take place in the main event, as people dont largely buy ppv's to see say dudleyz v hardyz, they pay to see austin v hhh, etc.  To make this a money-drawing angle, vince must allow his main-eventers to appear threatened, and for the nWo to go over in the beginning, that way people will want to pay to see the ultimate blowoff when austin, hhh and co get their comeuppance on the nWo.  This ultimate blowoff and finality to the fued cannot happen if the fued encompasses both the mid and upper cards

I'm aware, but in order for this to happen, you have to use the SLOW build (and no, I don't mean HHH's moveset). Have the nWo kick some serious BUTT in the midcard level (and maybe attack some main eventers every now and then) and keep doing it until finally Austin, Rock, HHH and the rest have had enough. By then, it should be Summerslam time.

For the record, when I said "just another main event angle" or whatever, I meant main event angles that didn't draw.

Guest Galactic Gigolo
Why does this nWo necessarily need mid-carders to handle other mid-carders? I mean, Sid nicely put the WCW midcard in their place in 1999 en route to a monster push. It's the same thing as I'd imagine what they'd be doing here.

Let us never mention Sid's 1999 push where for two months, minus the very good match where Lenny won the Cruiserweight Title, there was not one good Cruiserweight match on WCW TV because Sid ran in two minutes in!

And of course, everyone's like, "Lenny?" "Sid's 1999 push?" "WCW was around in 1999?"