TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spaceman Spiff

OK, why *did* One Bad Apple Get Banned?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Any particular reason? He only pops in from time-to-time, and I've never seen him do/say anything that would be "bannable".

What's the dealio, yo?

Guest Just call me Dan

What did he ever add to the board besides insults, sarcastic comments and just showing up to piss someone off?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Practically half the board does the same thing. At least OBA was creative when he did it. And usually he only did it when someone said something incredibly lame/stupid.

Guest GenerationNever

If this was his first time banned then he'll get a second chance. Stupider people than OBA have gotten second chances.

Guest Just call me Dan

Yes his comments were usually very witty, lots went over my head. Fact is, there was no conversation/debate which is the basis of this board. Who needs a sour ass who basically refuses to have a decent conversation with someone?

Guest alfdogg

I'm glad OBA got banned. He was a jerk who did nothing but insult people.

He also stole all of his material form other people.

Or so says CWM.

Guest TheDames7

Fellas, everyone knows the rules by now. If you break them, you usually get a warning first. You break them again, you get banned. I have full confidence in ALL of the mods and their judgment so I'm sure that OBA deserved to be banned.

Just saying.

Dames

Guest Anglesault

Wait a minute.

"idiot-fag" is witty and went over people's heads?

And he stole that from someone? ???

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

you know...I never thought of it...but now I wonder why he got banned too.

I have to pay more attention

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Somebody said you banned him, so that's why I "called you out".

Guest Brian

Well, I've warned him in the past, and then he went way out of line with one insult which at the time I can't even remember and than I just decided, because of the complaints at Vanilla Midgets, that too hell with this, he's not adding anything and is just insulting people, and that one was too much and I got rid of him. It's one of those things where, I did a temp. ban, looked at everything and made the judgment. I doubt it was really that much of a surprise with anyone, and I basically thought that some point he was going to cross the line.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Everytime someone gets banned people blame me.

Let me let you in on a secret:

The only person that I have banned was Best Buy.

Anyone else was someone previously banned by another mod that found away around their ban and had to be rebanned.

Guest Just call me Dan
Wait a minute.

"idiot-fag" is witty and went over people's heads?

Absolutely not. I think it is hilarious you remember that as well as I do. The guy really could get hot or cold. Often times a lot of things he said (insults) were well calculated and pretty witty. And sometimes you have your "idiot-fag" comments that were incredibly lame. The guy wasn't as perfect as he let himself on to be.

I personally am glad he is gone and fully support Brian's decision because he added NOTHING to the board.

If one or two people enjoyed his insults, and give that as a reason for him to stick around, you might as well have others people hate (RobStone, Zcalex, X killer, etc.) be able to stick around no matter what they do because there are the few that say "Hey, I thought he was hilarious!"

Rules are rules, the guy was only trying to bury others, there is no place for that on the board.