TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSmarkzone

Fuck all you holier than thou assholes...

Guest TheSmarkzone

I am sick and damn tired of seeing the response, "Oh, somebody's just trying to be different!" every fucking time that somebody has the nerve to like a wrestler that 90% of the smart marks can't stand.

Did you ever consider the possibility that I really do like Bradshaw and that my goal in life is not to rile up a bunch of smart marks on an Internet BBS? Did it ever occur to you that some fans might have different tastes in their wrestlers than you? Can your tiny little brains handle an idea like that?

So to all of the closed-minded people who accuse people of "trying to be different" just because they happen to like Bradshaw or Test, go eat a dick.

I like Bradshaw because I like him, not because I'm trying to be different. Yes, it's really that simple! Trust me, I could give two shits who you mark out for.

Rant over.

Guest TheSmarkzone

It's scary, this board is starting to take on some cult-like qualities.

"What?! You like Bradshaw?! That's not possible! We told you to like Angle, not Bradshaw! You're just trying to stir shit up!"

Guest BionicRedneck

i agree that your not trying to be different, and its just your opinion but what i CAN'T work out is why do you like Bradshaw?

he is a very poor wrestler, who stiffs up and comers (O'Haire in the InVasion angle last year amongst others), who seems to think he is a really hard guy just because JR says so, he isn't good at acting or promos.He is worthless.

Maybe its just me.

Guest Downhome

I like just about everyone, except for Rikishi, HHH in his current form, and...

...well, that's about it. Hell, I'd enjoy Rikishi if he was at HIS former form as well.

Guest TheSmarkzone

I'll try and explain this the best I can:

1. I'm like Vince, I like the big guys. I don't *only* like the big guys, though. Most of my favorite wrestlers are close to 6"...Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Y2J, etc. But I do like the 6'6" and up monsters because they have a certain aura of credibility to them. I like that.

2. You say Bradshaw is stiff. Well, I like guys who are stiff, snug, physical, whatever. Not to the extreme that Perry Saturn took it with that jobber who fucked up, but I like workers like Bradshaw and Benoit...guys who let you know that they're there.

3. I love Texas. Love it. And I'm with J.R. and Austin on this one, to me if somebody calls you a redneck, that's a compliment.

4. I liked the kick-ass style of the APA. Reminded me a lot of the Road Warriors and Demolition in their heyday.

5. Bradshaw cuts a mean promo when he gets riled up.

So there you have it. That's why I like Bradshaw.

Guest TheSmarkzone
Let's sacrifice Smarkzone to our God

Who's that? Is it Angle or Benoit?

Guest BionicRedneck

Fair enough.

Just a point though:

There is a difference between working stiff (Benoit and Regal) and smacking about some youngster, who knows he better not retaliate.

Guest TheSmarkzone

I wouldn't use Regal as an example. He took advantage of a green Goldberg and didn't cooperate and made him look like a fool.

Guest Downhome
I'll try and explain this the best I can:

1. I'm like Vince, I like the big guys. I don't *only* like the big guys, though. Most of my favorite wrestlers are close to 6"...Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Y2J, etc. But I do like the 6'6" and up monsters because they have a certain aura of credibility to them. I like that.

2. You say Bradshaw is stiff. Well, I like guys who are stiff, snug, physical, whatever. Not to the extreme that Perry Saturn took it with that jobber who fucked up, but I like workers like Bradshaw and Benoit...guys who let you know that they're there.

3. I love Texas. Love it. And I'm with J.R. and Austin on this one, to me if somebody calls you a redneck, that's a compliment.

4. I liked the kick-ass style of the APA. Reminded me a lot of the Road Warriors and Demolition in their heyday.

5. Bradshaw cuts a mean promo when he gets riled up.

So there you have it. That's why I like Bradshaw.

Just for the record, I agree with you 100%. I can find something to like about just about everyone, and with Bradshaw it isn't even hard for me to do. One reason I like Bradshaw, is because I just KNOW he'd be one hell of a guy in Puroresu, and if he was ever there I guarentee you that MANY of you 'ShawHaters would be loving his work there.

Guest Jerome Drake

Yeah because Goldberg was being a bitch backstage, so Regal put him in his place.

Guest Downhome

Also, I remember seeing Lance Storm hit Regal the wrong one once, and Regal just mother f'n went crazy on poor Lance, I thought he was going to kill the guy.

Guest TheSmarkzone
Yeah because Goldberg was being a bitch backstage, so Regal put him in his place.

No...this was waay before Goldberg was a main eventer and threw him infamous temper tantrums. Regal just didn't like the fact that this green guy was getting pushed to the moon and squashing everybody in under 2 minutes and took it upon himself to "school" him.

Guest CanadianChick
Also, I remember seeing Lance Storm hit Regal the wrong one once, and Regal just mother f'n went crazy on poor Lance, I thought he was going to kill the guy.

When was that?

Guest Diesel

Exactly, SmarkZone makes a good point. I'm sick of people getting upset about stupid things like this person can't work or this person can work, it's a load of crap.

Guest M Nyland

Hey...ya know...I never had any beef with people over who they like or dislike (except HHH in some cases) so you can rant all you want about liking Bradshaw, Test, or any other hoss or any worker you want...

but when you say "can your tiny little brains handle that" ...well that is just wrong. You are basically putting yourself above us in that way and because of that you are no better than any of us.

We might sound elitist...but when someone that doesn't like it tries to do it to us...well that is called "being a hypocrite"...

can your normal-sized brain handle that?

Guest Jerome Drake

No...this was waay before Goldberg was a main eventer and threw him infamous temper tantrums. Regal just didn't like the fact that this green guy was getting pushed to the moon and squashing everybody in under 2 minutes and took it upon himself to "school" him.

I know that it was way before he became a main eventer dumbass.

Regal beat his ass because Goldberg was being a prick backstage.

Thats the story most of the WCW wrestlers said,

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

When was that?

It was during the InVasion angle around Unforgiven-No Mercy, I think.

I have that Regal/Goldturd match on tape. Funny shit, I tell ya.

Guest BionicRedneck

"Regal beat his ass because Goldberg was being a prick backstage."

Thats right.

"One reason I like Bradshaw, is because I just KNOW he'd be one hell of a guy in Puroresu, and if he was ever there I guarentee you that MANY of you 'ShawHaters would be loving his work there."

Bradshaw would suck in Puro. Just like Norton. You need pshychology in Puro and Bradshaw has none of it. Also, you need to be able to take stiff moves as well as give them.

Guest TheSmarkzone
but when you say "can your tiny little brains handle that" ...well that is just wrong. You are basically putting yourself above us in that way and because of that you are no better than any of us.

Uh, no...all I'm saying is that anyone who can't comprehend the fact that I like Bradshaw because I like him and not because I am trying to stir shit up is either mentally handicapped or delusional. When you refuse to believe that a fan could possibly like a wrestler that you hate...now that is elitist.

I never called myself a genius, I said that the people who have been putting me and other open-minded fans down have little brains. And they do.

Guest bob_barron

Regal is God- only a God like Regal would put Goldberg in his place

I don't like Bradshaw for the reasons a lot of other people said. In 2000 when they were way over I enjoyed the APA. But I always liked Faarooq better

Guest Downhome

When was that?

It was during the InVasion angle around Unforgiven-No Mercy, I think.

Yes, A is right on. I have the Regal/Storm match on tape, just for the sake of being able to go "holy sh*t, he almost killed Lance Storm" whenever I like.

Guest FeArHaVoC

Yeah, didn't Regal get a bloody nose after a Drop kick?

I remember Storm tried to deny it on his site that Regal got stiff with him. He said something along the lines of "Regal just makes it look good."

Guest TheSmarkzone

I'll take Lance's word for it over the observations of a non-wrestler any day.