Jump to content

Most over/under rated mic worker?


Recommended Posts

Guest Brian
Posted

I don't think Guerrero's promos are overrated. I mean, I've seen him cut great promos when he's not faking the accent and doing the latino heat gimmick, but that's an anchor on him. Eddie's always been one of the best at putting a point across and getting guys over and giving great manneurisms, which I've always thought were the main points of delivering good promos. I swear, it the accent, the gimmick, and the espanglish that's killing him. I mean, how do you get a point across when you're being forced to spit out half english and spanish. He can do it sometimes but it's too much, especially with the fake accent.

Guest HoffmanHBK
Posted
Holy crap! Hoff!

It's nice to be remembered.

 

OK. First off, the reason all you guys think RVD is underrated is because Vince doesn't really let him CUT a fuckin' promo.

 

Well actually, RVD's cut more than a few promos since his WWF debut. The main problems are: a) they're less of an "talking" style and more of an "acting" style, and RVD hasn't necessarily made that transition well; and B) there hasn't been much to light a fire under RVD. He's been in mediocre feuds and poor angles, and except for his current work with Brock/Paul and his run in late '01, he just hasn't been in position to cut the ol' 20-minute promo. And it's certainly not his fault (I'm pointing fingers at Gershiwtz and Steph here), but it's hurt his mic work a little, IMHO. Certainly, he often shone in ECW, but to say he hasn't been given a chance isn't fair. He just hasn't been in the same/ideal situation.

Guest greeneb22
Posted

underrated - definately RVD - he hardly gets any mic time

Guest TestKick
Posted

Overrated: Kevin Nash: Some say this is the only thing Lazy is good at... and I don't understand it. Either Kev is talking goofy making stupid shoot comments nobody cares about... or he talks "seriously", which comprises of Kev whining like a bitch.

 

HHH (not exactly on this board): He may have had a character people liked in 2000, but very little of that was due to HHH's mic skills. He always grunted, talked slow, very boring promos...

 

Shane McMahon: I can't stand how he talks... it seems like he overemphasizes every 2nd or 3rd word... it just irks me.

 

Stephanie (again, not exactly on this board): Obvious reasons... it's amazing that there's people out there who think Steph is a good actress...

 

Underrated:

 

Chris Benoit: I'm not saying he's one of the best mic workers out there... but Benoit can cut intense promos quite well, IMO.

 

Christian: When he was with Edge, I thought he talked the punk heel really well. I think he could easily get over with his mic skills, if given the chance.

 

Test: Ummm... I can't give a valid reason for this one. :( I think the people here should cut Test some slack though. If given the right angle, where he's not made to look like someone's bitch, Test could be a good talker.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Posted

OVER: Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, HHH

UNDER: Big Show, Big Bossman, Chris Benoit

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Posted

The WWE doesn't give RVD mic time... he's supposed to just say shit like "Cool", and act like a stoner. I mean why would anyones mic work be good right now anyway? There's no point in trying because the booking sucks and no one cares.

Guest Austin3164life
Posted

Overrated: The Undertaker. Sure, he does get the point of his promos across sometimes, but it looks like everytime he has the schtick, he's nervous and his message comes across flat.

 

Underrated: Vince. I don't know about others, but Vince sounds like a guy I can really hate. He has that CEO swagger-ranting about him, and he can get the psychotic edge as well. Best example is when he almost talks Austin into becoming the "old" Stone Cold on Smackdown.

 

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME, DAMNIT?! DO YOU WANNA KNOCK ME OFF MY ASS RIGHT NOW!"

 

*That line made me laugh so hard, and to this day, I use the word "damnit" as a joke when I sound pissed*

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Posted

Vince seems too fake to me, like he's just acting. I have always liked Bischoff's mic skills better.

Guest Flyboy
Posted

Yeah... Bischoff plays the heel role way better on the mic.

 

Especially in his WCW days.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Posted
Holy crap! Hoff!

It's nice to be remembered.

Well, I post (infrequently) over @ WDI, so I was a bit surprised to see you show up here (again).

Guest Jerome Drake
Posted

Vince is underrated.

 

Hes fucking funny sometimes. And he has the best facial expression.

 

Remember when that homo wanted to be Vinces secertary? And Vince just went crazy...

 

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

Guest El Psycho Diablo
Posted

What's odd..I've always found the balance here as..Christian was godly, and Edge blew chunks. When did Edge become over-rated? o_O If anything, both of them are. I don't think either of them are especially great on the stick. Edge is too goofy, and Christian still goes for cheap heat. We have yet to see if either of them can cut a serious, solo promo.

 

Benoit isn't underrated, he's just sort of..around. (And boring. -_-) The promo of his when he came back on Raw seemed about as long as one of Triple H's. Only thing saving him is that he's paired with Eddy..who has enough charisma for three or four guys.

 

I like RVD's promos for the fact he dosen't ramble. That's what I hate about WWE guys. Rock does it, Austin did it a hell of a lot, and Triple H is as bad as Austin. Rocky's the only one who could still cut a short, intense promo.

 

I'm liking Storm's work, and that's why I don't think Jericho should join TC at all. Let's face it. Most of us here would have Team Canada used as a vessel to get Jericho back to Main Eventer status, which is just wrong. I like the Lance-as-leader concept, and he's doing damn well at what he's supposed to be. A serious heel.

Guest Kid Kablam
Posted
Under rated: Storm, Taker, Benoit, Eddie (He needs to lose the accent and he could prove himself) AND Stephanie <~~Getting flamed for that one

 

Over Rated: Edge & Nash

was gonna flame, but then I saw that sassy look in Jennifer's (we're on a first name basis you know) eyes, and all my Rithless agression towards you turned into pure unbridled lust for Jen. Thankyou.

Guest Brian
Posted

Man, Chavo got on the mic on SmackDown and he was pretty gold.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...