TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSmarkzone

WWE shouldn't listen to non-paying fans

Guest TheSmarkzone

I'm gonna take a new stance...

I don't think that the WWE should listen to the non-paying fans. The WWE is a business, and the goal of a business is to make money. I don't see how you can be a real fan if you don't buy the pay-per-views. The pay-per-views are where the storylines culminate, and it's where you get the best actual *wrestling*. If you're not shelling out some of your money to let the WWE entertain you once a month, I don't think you're a true fan. Why should the WWE listen to you if they aren't going to make any money off of you? Yeah, they're here to entertain us, but only so that they can make money off of us. This is not professional sports, this is entertainment.

Not to sound pompous, but I think that my opinion matters more than the Internet smart marks who never support the WWE...buying the pay-per-views, buying the merchandise, whatever. I mean, I'm a *paying* fan, I've actually invested money in the product. The people who just watch the free TV haven't invested anything in the product. And a lot of them are just there to bitch.

Hell, I try to sit ringside for all of the Big 5 pay-per-views, I attend *every* live WWE event that comes within a 200-400 mile radius, I order every single pay-per-view, I have a closet full of Shopzone merchandise, and I even own some stock in the company.

If anyone should be listened to, it's people like me.

As far as the rest of you go, I don't blame Vince for laughing you off. It's no loss to him, you don't contribute anything to his business anyway.

Guest chirs3

Well, some of us don't get the opportunity to be paying fans. Some of us don't have 35 bucks a month to spend on PPV, and some of us live in towns that, for some reason, Vince hates (Baton Rouge, anyone?). I did invest 60 bucks for the one Raw they had there, and boy did it suck.

But when I do get money, I will be doing the PPV/Live Show "thang". Do I count?

Guest TheSmarkzone

Yeah...

Anybody who has ever given Vince McMahon a cent counts.

But fuck the freeloaders. You say the product sucks...HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU DON'T WATCH THE PAY-PER-VIEWS?!

That's the best part of the product. It's what they're building towards every month. It's like rating a movie without seeing the ending. If you don't watch the pay-per-views and you say the product sucks, then just shut the fuck up because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Guest Kinetic

I buy all of the PPVs and I still don't think Vince gives two damns what I think about anything. Accusing someone of not being a "real fan" is always asinine because it's a completely objective thing. Ultimately, as a business, it's the WWE's responsibility to present a product that people would actually be eager to pay for and they clearly aren't doing that. It isn't just smart marks, either. It's across the board.

Guest TheSmarkzone

It's not objective, because either you are a paying fan or you aren't. And as a business, I can't see why the WWE would want to look out for the best interests of the fans who don't pay them a dime, and who have no real idea what they are talking about when they bash the product because they don't order the pay-per-views and see the blow-off matches.

Guest bob_barron

Vince doesn't listen to me- I mean William Regal hasn't been WWE Champion yet

Guest TheSmarkzone

:lol:

If I personally gave Vince a check for $1 million, I don't think William Regal would be given the strap.

Guest Downhome

If in your mind the fact that I ordered every single PPV from '93-'00 counts in your thinking, then that's great. However...

...if because I don't order many now is a reason for me not to be listened to, then you are a mindless twat. :P:p:p If their PPV's were actually worth their insane ammounts, then I would order them right now, it's just here lately, they haven't been in my eyes.

Come to think about it, even those who DON'T order PPV's have a voice and deserve to be listened to. Some people don't have the $$$ to spend on a monthly Pro. Wrestling PPV, etc... Hell, if not for EVERY fan who watches just the TV then there wouldn't be PPV's to be ordered in the first place. So in theory, without even those fans who DON'T order PPV's have a say, because like I said, without all of them watching TV, we wouldn't have PPV's to order.

Guest massivHEDtrauma

Boy do you ever come off sounding as a rich, naive Marie Antoinette type. Just say "let them eat cake" in your next post. Please.

Guest gwf0704
I don't think that the WWE should listen to the non-paying fans. The WWE is a business, and the goal of a business is to make money. I don't see how you can be a real fan if you don't buy the pay-per-views. The pay-per-views are where the storylines culminate, and it's where you get the best actual *wrestling*. If you're not shelling out some of your money to let the WWE entertain you once a month, I don't think you're a true fan. Why should the WWE listen to you if they aren't going to make any money off of you? Yeah, they're here to entertain us, but only so that they can make money off of us. This is not professional sports, this is entertainment.

Not to sound pompous, but I think that my opinion matters more than the Internet smart marks who never support the WWE...buying the pay-per-views, buying the merchandise, whatever. I mean, I'm a *paying* fan, I've actually invested money in the product. The people who just watch the free TV haven't invested anything in the product. And a lot of them are just there to bitch.

Hell, I try to sit ringside for all of the Big 5 pay-per-views, I attend *every* live WWE event that comes within a 200-400 mile radius, I order every single pay-per-view, I have a closet full of Shopzone merchandise, and I even own some stock in the company.

If anyone should be listened to, it's people like me.

As far as the rest of you go, I don't blame Vince for laughing you off. It's no loss to him, you don't contribute anything to his business anyway.

By non paying fans you seem to imply that the only way your voice should be heard is if you actually pay for the ppv or go to a live event. But does that mean that the t-shirts the fans buy at Wal-Mart, including the vidoes, posters and lunch pails dont count? How bout the ones that pay their cable bill in order to see the product? Free tv?? Where??? I always get a bill. How bout internet buyers???? Do their opinions count???? It kind of sounds like you either have a lot of time on your hands that you are able to go to a lot of shows (no dates?) or you are rich and can fly to these events. Also, dont ratings on tv count??? If Raw scores a 1.5 and Smackdown a 2.1 wouldnt that be a voice to Vince by the fans that they dont like the product? Should he ignore that voice and thus have the shows be cancelled???

Im not sure if you started this thread just so you could go for a reaction but it sounds like you are off your rocker...... By the way the WWE doesnt exactly hold weekly shows here in Texas where I live so I guess I'm out.....

Guest massivHEDtrauma
It's not objective, because either you are a paying fan or you aren't. And as a business, I can't see why the WWE would want to look out for the best interests of the fans who don't pay them a dime, and who have no real idea what they are talking about when they bash the product because they don't order the pay-per-views and see the blow-off matches.

They would want to look out for the best interests of fans who don't necessarily get PPV's because (and they teach you this in business-school), if something is marketed properly to the demographic, everyone in said demographic is a point for profit. Therefore, if certain wrestling fans don't buy PPV's now, it is the fault of the company and the company alone for not putting out the proper product. Therefore the WWE can blow me until they start putting out a decent enough product to warrant a purchase of a PPV.

Also, you're ignoring the fact that, being a television broadcast, the WWE is also looking for ratings, not just money. Because bigger ratings = bigger audience = bigger payoff.

NO FREAKING DUH.

Get a life and live it, loser.

Guest Kinetic

It is objective insofar as saying that anything makes you an inferior fan. There's no set of standards for fans to abide by or anything. If someone simply doesn't feel the need or doesn't have the money to purchase a PPV, then that's their prerogative. It certainly doesn't make them any less of a fan, as far as I'm concerned. And regardless of how much money fans shell out on WWE products and PPVS, the company still isn't eager to listen to anyone not within the established power circle they currently have. What about all of those RVD foam fingers and t-shirts? Those cost money. It doesn't mean anything.

Guest chirs3

Plus, the non-paying fans could be turned INTO paying fans if the WWE puts on a good enough show.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Let them eat cake.

It kind of sounds like you either have a lot of time on your hands that you are able to go to a lot of shows

I take it you are a casual fan. I'm not. I'm a hardcore fan. I love the business, I want to work in the business.

That's like telling an aspiring musician or a hardcore music fan, "Gee, you go to a lot of rock concerts, don't you have anything better to do with your free time??"

I'll make this real simple, so that even you can understand it: I am a wrestling fan, who likes wrestling, therefore it would make sense that I entertain myself by going to wrestling shows to watch wrestling. It's not all that I do, but it's my primary interest and I'm not ashamed of it. Wrestling rocks.

And if having a lot of money AND a lot of free time to spend it is a bad thing, then sign me right up. God Bless America.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

"I take it you are a casual fan. I'm not. I'm a hardcore fan. I love the business, I want to work in the business."

You're going to be HHH's tool. I can see it now.

Guest Downhome

Now that I think about it, you sound outright like a bastard for even posting this. I hate to tell you, but you are no better than any one who doesn't buy anything. Hell, I could say you are hurting the sport when you give Vince and Co. $$$ when the product sucks, as your handing over your cash makes him feel he's doing the right thing.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Vince should be listening to any one who has valid points...

Besides, any shareholder of Wwf stock could easily say that their opinion is greater than any fans' because they actually own the product.

Guest massivHEDtrauma
I take it you are a casual fan. I'm not. I'm a hardcore fan. I love the business, I want to work in the business.

Wow, you sure showed us how INTENSE~! you are. Dumbass.

Guest gwf0704
It kind of sounds like you either have a lot of time on your hands that you are able to go to a lot of shows

That's like telling an aspiring musician or a hardcore music fan, "Gee, you go to a lot of rock concerts, don't you have anything better to do with your free time??"

I'll make this real simple, so that even you can understand it: I am a wrestling fan, who likes wrestling, therefore it would make sense that I entertain myself by going to wrestling shows to watch wrestling. It's not all that I do, but it's my primary interest and I'm not ashamed of it. Wrestling rocks.

Well to clarify, if you meant me I have been watching wrestling since I was 10 yrs old and I am 33 now so casual fan is not what I would call myself, though it does not rule my life like it seems to rule yours. I have seen a lot of wrestlers you probably havent heard of, kind of when they have the polls for greatest wrestlers of all time and they put in Kurt Angle and Jericho, but it sounds like youre a newbie. Just because wrestling is your life and the rest of us actually have a life doesnt mean we dont know wrestling. I even know some wrestlers (independent, mexico) so chill kid....

Guest massivHEDtrauma

The sheer idiocy of this has really gotten to me, and Downhome's last post has brought me to agree. You ARE hurting the product if you believe that the product right now isn't all that great, just like the rest of us, and you are STILL paying for PPV's and whatnot. I mean, what the fuck is there to do? Start a letter-writing campaign? As you've so fervently stated, when Vince is lighting his cigars with $20 bills because of the proceeds from the latest bullshit PPV where Crips goes over Angle, Edge, RVD, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Brock Lesnar, The Brooklyn Brawler, The Undertaker, Raven and maybe even Rey Mysterio Jr. just for good measure, a PPV entitled "PLAY THE GAME", all your forms of non-monetarily-involved protest go out the fucking window.

Okay, yes, I went on a bit of the rant there, but I was just illustrating my point. Blah.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok, then I turn to my 'valid points' statement.

So by buying each PPV, every piece of merchandise and owning stock if you say Stephanie should be world champion that Vince should listen to you over someone who says 'No, stephanie would be a horrible champion'.

Guest Downhome
Then as a shareholder...my opinion is greater.

Hate to tell you, but you are no more important to Vince than I am.

Guest TheSmarkzone

You have no idea how old I am, how long I have been watching, or how much I know about the old school. You also don't know anything about my life.

For all *I* know you're 33 and still living in your parent's basement and you're pissed off at me because your dad gets more pussy than you. In fact, I'd be willing to be that's your life story.

Guest Downhome
Ok, then I turn to my 'valid points' statement.

So by buying each PPV, every piece of merchandise and owning stock if you say Stephanie should be world champion that Vince should listen to you over someone who says 'No, stephanie would be a horrible champion'.

In theory, yes that is what he is saying.

Guest gwf0704
You have no idea how old I am, how long I have been watching, or how much I know about the old school. You also don't know anything about my life.

For all *I* know you're 33 and still living in your parent's basement and you're pissed off at me because your dad gets more pussy than you. In fact, I'd be willing to be that's your life story.

Wow, what a mature response. At least I know how old you are........ :lol:

Guest Downhome

I truly hope that wasn't dirrected at me.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
:lol:

If I personally gave Vince a check for $1 million, I don't think William Regal would be given the strap.

But Vince McMahon would probably give YOU a check for $1 million for you to hold up an HHH sign if he put the strap on HHH.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Dumbest Thread Ever

I swear to God if I could ban based on stupidity alone...

sigh...

Smarkzone has moved up the list to the #1 thing wrong with this board.