TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

"W"CW + "W"WF + "E"CW = WWE!

Guest Downhome

As has been discussed before, it was reported that one of the reasons that the WWE decided on the name "WWE" was to tuly merge all three of "the big three" into one company. Simply take the first letter of each, and you have WWE. They said they did this in hopes to truly have the best of each company be on WWE television, and I hope they get to it in full force soon. Anyhow, here is my point in posting this...

...am I the only one who saw WWE taking the steps once and for all in making it happen? We obviously has the normal WWF "entertainment" aspect, as we do every single week, but two new things seemed to be new, seemed to really be showcased, I feel that ECW and WCW was finally showcased as well. In terms of WCW, we saw Eric Bishoff return, and on Smackdown we had TWO Cruiserweight matches, and build up for the return of Rey Jr. In terms of ECW, we had that hardcore Kendo Stick match between Tommy Dreamer and Stephen Richards, which felt/looked/and came accross as ECW fare, more so that ever in WWE.

I dunno, but I really felt this durring TV this week. I truly hope they continue this trend as well, in order to truly grow and mature as a company now. I hope to see more ECW type of action, and really let that stuff shine through, and I really hope to see them further the Eric Bishoff thing and his history with WCW (which is happening even more so on Confidential) and I really hope they continue forming the WWE Cruiserweight division.

Yes folks, for the first time since all three companies became one, I finally saw them begin to do something meaningfull with it. Like I said, from here on out, I truly hope they make FULL use of...

..."W"CW + "W"WF + "E"CW = WWE!

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Wouldn't that make the WWE "World World Extreme"??

Guest Downhome

No it hasn't, you don't get what I mean. I know it has been brought up before, as I even made not of it in my starting post...

As has been discussed before...

...this thread is explaining how I am actually begining to realize it on TV with the goings on of this week. It is all starting to shine through, and I was just currious as to if anyone else noticed it this week as I did!

No, they just used the first LETTER of each company, not the first entire word. :D :P :D

Guest HartFan86

That's what I was thinking...

...but this is a good theory. They should have brought it up on why they changed the name. I mean, for the marks who just watch programming, they probably had no idea why one day it was WWF, the next day it's WWE...this would have been a good excuse.

Guest mach7

Blah blah blah blah blah, you guys are reading WAY too much into the initials "WWE"...

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Heh. I still refuse to call it that. I even say WWE now when refering to it (even going as far as to pronounce it WWeF), and it confuses everyone. Bah..

Guest Shaved Bear

its still the WWF...it will always be the WWF...we should really stop saying WWE it sounds kinda dumb, but the merging aspect is starting to finally show

Guest AM The Kid

<---Only call it WWE so not to confuse marks.

It's always going to be the WWF!!!