TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hitman Jebus

NO! This has to be a joke...

Guest Hitman Jebus

Jerry Jarrett Says NWA: TNA Facing Problems, Will Change Product To WWE Style

Posted By Ashish on 07.19.02

Jerry Jarrett posted a very shocking message today on the WrestlingClassics.com Forum. Jarrett said that the NWA: TNA now realizes that there are not 50,000 fans willing to spend $10 a week on their show. He said he now sees that not that many wrestling fans want an alternative to WWE. Jarrett said TNA now has two options, to quit, or to try and compete for WWE's fans. Simply out of necessity, it appears that they will now try to deliver a WWE-type show (which I guess is where Russo comes in).

411wrestling.com

Guest Jobber of the Week

I really really don't think Russo is exactly the answer to that, but anyway, it's probably a smart idea as long as they keep it out of the X Division.

Guest Mikey2Dope

lol I was just gonna post this

But anyways this sucks. Jarrett has to realize that yes fans do want an alternative to the WWE they just don't wanna pay $10 a week for it. They need to land a weekly TV deal and start hyping shows up huge.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

you know...

I think the #1 problem is this:

I would never have even heard of TNA if I wasn't looking for it on the internet.

where is the advertising?

Guest Dangerous A

Dammit! Well there goes the neighboorhood.

How much for those Ring of Honor tapes again?

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust for NWA-TNA.

You can never compete with Vince at his own game.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...

you never know.

Maybe they'll copy the good WWE product of 2000.

At the very least it will be interesting to see what the WWE product would look like without politics involved.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I see TNA ads every 15-20 minutes on DirecTV's PPV ad channel.

Guest M Nyland

I never even watched it.... but from all the discussion I try to follow it...

and now I'M PISSED cause I wanted someone to finally come up and kick the shit out of the WWE ratings wise just so Vince would get his ass in gear and give us QAULITY programming again!

Guest Jobber of the Week
I've never seen 1 thing about them here.

Try here to see what I'm talking about.

Guest 4Life
lol I was just gonna post this

But anyways this sucks. Jarrett has to realize that yes fans do want an alternative to the WWE they just don't wanna pay $10 a week for it. They need to land a weekly TV deal and start hyping shows up huge.

I believe the only people watching NWA are either

1) smart marks

2) memphis residents

I bet your average wrestling mark from let's say Arizona, has no idea what nwa tna is.

Guest Hitman Jebus

OK...I want NWA TNA to succeed...

and yet, personally, I want wrestling instead of sports "Russo" entertainment (aka CRAP)

...but apparantly you can't have success without the aformentioned CRAP to appeal to the masses (aka MORONS)

Life is so unfair!!! :(

Guest BigTim2002

So......there are NO channels on TV that he can try and sell to? Wow...Jerry...I'd keep trying dude...

Guest Jobber of the Week

I think it's more like "You can't have success without money."

You can only get on big national TV with CRAP for the masses, but you can get on second-tier cable only if you have money. Unfortunately, NWA does not have money, and may have to depend on CRAP. :(

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think they will get a TV deal.

Jerry needs to concentrate all of his efforts on getting that done though.

Someone call up USA and remind them what wrestling did for their ratings.

Seriously...even low rated wrestling shows can top alot of networks ratings.

Guest Hitman Jebus
I think it's more like "You can't have success without money."

You can only get on big national TV with CRAP for the masses, but you can get on second-tier cable only if you have money. Unfortunately, NWA does not have money, and may have to depend on CRAP. :(

Yeah...that's what I meant...only it wasn't as clear :P

Guest NoCalMike

Actually ECW/WCW changed their product which forced WWF to change theirs. So I don't agree with Jarret in saying, "people don't want an alternative" They just have to find the NEW magic formula that can create a following. Oh and not to mention, pretty much NOBODY will buy ANY ppv, based on a 30 second commercial ad, the biggest problem is NO ONE knows about NWA/TNA, not that "no one wants an alternative"

RIP NWA/TNA

Guest Raven_Effect01

I hate Jarrett's decision. It's obvious that many wrestling fans WANT to see an alternative to WWE(you know I do with Steph being on Smackdown turning me off of the show for a while, and due to the fact that the WWE style is boring), they just don't want to pay to see it every week and want it to not only air on PPV, but to get a national TV deal. Another thing Jarrett needs to do is if Russo writes out and books another below-average NWA-TNA PPV show next week with less wrestling, Jarrett HAS to get rid of him considering the fact that Russo was obviously at fault at killing WCW, and even IF Russo wants some deserving wrestlers pushed, I want them pushed on good wrestling, NOT through silly and over-the-tope angles.

Guest Jobber of the Week
I think they will get a TV deal.

Don't kid yourself.

Maybe, just maybe, they can get something on ESPN, but I'd kinda doubt it. The lewdness that comes with Russo writing won't exactly jive either.

I think what they should try is getting a TV deal in Canada, where wrestling is still hot and there are more channels that are likely to give them a chance. Most all channels in the US are owned by some giant congolomorate (such as USA owned by Vivendi Universal, TBS/TNT/etc by AOLTimeWarner, etc) that will piss on the idea of pro wrestling unless there's impressive numbers to back it up.

Guest DARRYLXWF

Why can't a group of NWA wrestlers book front row seats at a WWF show, or run around the outside of a WWF arena, advertising their product? Russo was going to do that with WCW to the WWF but that fell through...but it would work better with NWA.

Guest DARRYLXWF

It came to me a couple of seconds ago, but there was a great quote from one of my fav. films 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

'Sometimes the best causes to fight for are lost causes.'

Keep at it Jerry. If you REALLY want it, you'll get it....eventually.

Guest NoSelfWorth

Doesn't Jerry Jarrett know you cannot beat Vince at his own game ?

Guest Blue Bacchus

I know it doesn't help you where you live, but here in Nashville they advertise all the time on the Classic Rock and the Alternate Rock stations.

I knew that something was up since they annouced two minutes before the PPV went live that they were moving from the Nashville Municiple Auditorium to the Fairgrounds starting next week. Not a good sign...