TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Just what IS a troll anyhow...

Guest Downhome

I hear you guys use that term, but I've never really known what one is. May I ask who fits the description just so I can get the idea? I've just been wondering this for a while, and really want to know once and for all!

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest BionicRedneck

yeah i agree Downhome. Someone really needs to clarify what "Troll" means.

Guest razazteca

everybody who post in NHB? but the worst ones are those who take their agenda outside of this forum.

Guest Downhome
everybody who post in NHB? but the worst ones are those who take their agenda outside of this forum.

So are me and you now officiall a troll? :P :P :P

Guest razazteca

I do have troll tenacys but you are more intelligent than I so maybe no

there is always an exception to the rule :)

Guest Jobber of the Week

A troll is somebody who says something to stir shit.

Like if someone said, "I'd rather listen to Bret whine about getting screwed for 4 hours than watch Summerslam," that's probably being a troll.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

troll: someone who posts something deliberately stupid/outrageous/inflammatory for the sole purpose of provoking a reaction. Isn't interested in intelligent or civilized conversation, only interested in causing trouble.

Guest razazteca

gee useing the troll psychology then AngleSault is a troll whenever Cruiserweight threads are made and he will responde with the classic Eh or flippy floppy sucks.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
gee useing the troll psychology then AngleSault is a troll whenever Cruiserweight threads are made and he will responde with the classic Eh or flippy floppy sucks.

You're not the 1st person to bring that up...

Guest Downhome

If that's true about Anglesault, then why do so many people like him? I mean, in theory, shouldn't the entire board be revolting in order to see him banned?

Guest jimmy no nose

Maybe you can only be a troll if you don't like Benoit, I don't know. I don't have a problem with AngleSault, but it is true that he does fit the definition in some instances.

Guest Nezbyte

AS has troll tendencies but occasionally contributes to discussions.

SmarkZone wasnt a troll, just an occasional jackass.

Guest jimmy no nose

Well, same with Jerome Drake, but where is he now?

Guest Nezbyte

Well, same with Jerome Drake, but where is he now?

The difference is, AS led a movement. Jerome was just a fuck ass.

AS also has been here longer and has hella more posts.

Guest Sandman9000

In my opinion, a troll is a person who adds nothing to a message board. They offer no insight, no humorous quotes, nothing positive. They only manage to make life more difficult for other message board members.

Not a troll: AS/TC and GenNev/RobStone bitching and flaming each other in the NHB.

A troll: Making a thread called POOP and randomly saying "FAG."

Guest The Man in Blak
The difference is, AS led a movement. Jerome was just a fuck ass.

So are you saying that, because Anglesault is popular, that he's immune from being labeled a troll?

Or are you saying that, because Anglesault doesn't annoy you as much as Drake, that he isn't a troll?

Or do you just mawrc out for Anglesault because he was a charter member of the HHHaters and, since that is the trendiest of trends on this board, that also makes him immune to troll labeling?

AS also has been here longer and has hella more posts.

Here's a little tip for you guys who are new to this board. If you have a high number of posts, you are an ESTABLISHED POSTER (tm, Anglesault). Therefore, you are essentially immune to criticism and, should anybody that is not an Established Poster spark an argument with you, you are to immediately dub this non-established poster a "troll" and proceed about your business.

If this does not work and the non-established poster has not conformed to the beliefs of this board or to your directly expressed opinion, then notify one of the mods IMMEDIATELY so that they may be prepared for the slightest instant that this said "troll" violates one of the crucial rules on the board.

*points to the charter* I'm telling you, it says it right there. It is your DUTY to jump on the ball and immediately downplay other peoples opinions...because, lord knows, the opinions of non-established posters such as Drake and Smarkzone really don't matter...do they?

Do they?

Though it's a ridiculous comparison (it is just a message board, after all), just interchange the words "Established Poster" with "Hoss" and you've got a digital simulation of the WWE.

And then the HHHaters would be the Clique.

Meditate on that.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Heh, good one, MiB. That entire post had me laughing for couple of hours.

Guest The Man in Blak

Oh, NOOOO!

A troll? Me?

Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod.

Quick, quick - got to think. THINK, dammit.

No, don't think in single line posts - that's gimmick infringement.

And why I am typing?

MAMA!!!!

MAMA, these here internet folks just called me a big ugly troll thing. You know, like them odd lookin' fellers from David the Gnome?

Yeah, mama, I guess I didn't really get mah point across about them here troll fellers on the board either, but they don't mind. I might as well write up my last will and testament, because if this ol' country boy can't be popular on the internet, then I might as well DIE.

No, mama, I really don't think there be any funny trolls on the internet either - it's just a computer-looking thing anyway that Al Gore coughed up during Viet-nam. They say ah might have a chance to live if'n I mosey on out this "No Holds Barred" movie folder and call one of the more smart-like people like jimmy no nose a scum-sucking 'tard, y'hear?

Oh, mama, I don't know why they call 'im jimmy no nose - but I tells ya, wit' all of his posts saying "lick my balls", there's no TELLING what his personal habits are outside of the innernet.

But I guess all the posters on the board like 'im a lot (probably feel sorrie for him) which means he's not one of dem there troll fellers either.

Though, y'know, I don't really think there be a lot of trolls out there in the network anyway. Sure, there's guys like this guy that just wouldn't shut up about this guy that looked like Captain America at this red-and-black board - they really couldn't stand it anymore, so they gave him the troll costume and told him' that he was banned...though I reckon it didn't work much, since he still popped around anyway.

And then thar was this crazy feller that worshipped Allan Iverson - yeah, that ball player that stomped inta his kin's house with guns an' everything. THAT'S the one, mama. Anyway, he had some weird days where he'd start these discussions about poop, and I guess nobody there liked him much from the smell, so they gave him that there troll costume too.

By gawd, mama, we better not check the mail - 'cause if I piss off any more people on the internet box thing, they may jus' send me one of 'im costumes before halloween rolls round these parts!

Guest jimmy no nose
Oh, NOOOO!

A troll? Me?

Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod Ohmygod ohmygod.

Quick, quick - got to think. THINK, dammit.

No, don't think in single line posts - that's gimmick infringement.

And why I am typing?

MAMA!!!!

MAMA, these here internet folks just called me a big ugly troll thing. You know, like them odd lookin' fellers from David the Gnome?

Yeah, mama, I guess I didn't really get mah point across about them here troll fellers on the board either, but they don't mind. I might as well write up my last will and testament, because if this ol' country boy can't be popular on the internet, then I might as well DIE.

No, mama, I really don't think there be any funny trolls on the internet either - it's just a computer-looking thing anyway that Al Gore coughed up during Viet-nam. They say ah might have a chance to live if'n I mosey on out this "No Holds Barred" movie folder and call one of the more smart-like people like jimmy no nose a scum-sucking 'tard, y'hear?

Oh, mama, I don't know why they call 'im jimmy no nose - but I tells ya, wit' all of his posts saying "lick my balls", there's no TELLING what his personal habits are outside of the innernet.

But I guess all the posters on the board like 'im a lot (probably feel sorrie for him) which means he's not one of dem there troll fellers either.

Though, y'know, I don't really think there be a lot of trolls out there in the network anyway. Sure, there's guys like this guy that just wouldn't shut up about this guy that looked like Captain America at this red-and-black board - they really couldn't stand it anymore, so they gave him the troll costume and told him' that he was banned...though I reckon it didn't work much, since he still popped around anyway.

And then thar was this crazy feller that worshipped Allan Iverson - yeah, that ball player that stomped inta his kin's house with guns an' everything. THAT'S the one, mama. Anyway, he had some weird days where he'd start these discussions about poop, and I guess nobody there liked him much from the smell, so they gave him that there troll costume too.

By gawd, mama, we better not check the mail - 'cause if I piss off any more people on the internet box thing, they may jus' send me one of 'im costumes before halloween rolls round these parts!

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That really was funny. If you didnt know I was joking in that post about you being a troll, but kind of hoping for a funny response. This was even better than I expected.

Guest treble charged
HAHAHAHAHAHA. That really was funny. If you didnt know I was joking in that post about you being a troll, but kind of hoping for a funny response. This was even better than I expected.

Two words: Damage Control

Guest Nezbyte

Christ, calm the fuck down. If you've read any of my replies to Sault you'll know i dont like him, and i DO like HHH. How odd.

Sault has added to conversations and killed others. I doubt he'll ever be banned on this board.

I didnt read the 2nd one, because you're acting like a little bitch on a message board.

Guest The Man in Blak

Sorry about that - I'll make sure never to call you out on your stupidity ever again.

Guest Nezbyte
Sorry about that - I'll make sure never to call you out on your stupidity ever again.

You called out nothing. I can stand AS, because of his redeeming features. Jerome was nothing, he strayed into the WWE thread and was an ass. He should've stayed in sports.

Guest The Man in Blak

Honestly, I don't really think Anglesault or Drake should be banned.

In case you couldn't sift through the funny of the second post, I really don't swallow this whole troll bullshit. Personally, unless somebody's directly screwing up part of the forum or going above and beyond the call of duty to fuck up discussion on a repeated basis, then there's really no issue.

Flame-baiting doesn't mean anything to me. It happens all over message boards - it's roughly equal to a traffic violation...which is why I think it's totally ludicrous that somebody would get banned for that.

But, before certain people start typing their manifesto, let me just clear it up that I think that bannings should remain permanent. If you've done something that warranted a banning at a particular board, then you really don't need to be going back there or raising hell because they won't let you back in. It's just that I myself wouldn't have levied some particular bannings that I've witnessed throughout these message boards.

I just don't really appreciate the whole "he was an ass" argument for Troll-dom. I may think that both Anglesault and Drake were assholes, but I'm not going to label them trolls because of it.

But, on the other hand, I'm not going to discriminate between idiots that have more than 2000 posts and those that are "non-established posters."

The word troll gets thrown around way too much because nobody here really wants to deal with somebody that they don't like or somebody that doesn't agree with them. Just because somebody has 2000 posts doesn't mean that they're exempt from being a twat.

That was my point, which you were far too dense to grasp, apparently.