TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmy no nose

Anyone been to a GWAR concert

Guest jimmy no nose

I got some tickets for a Gwar concert next week and I was wondering if anyone has ever been to one.  I'm not a big fan of theirs and I've heard that some crazy shit goes on in there.  Anyone want to explain any of this to me?  I want to be prepared for whatever goes on in there.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm going in March sometime, hopefully.

Anyways, here is what to expect:

*A giant "worm" that eats a member of the Slave Crew or a random audience member GWAR chooses

*TONS of fake blood

*LOTS of references to narcotics

*Probably lots of nudity

Guest jimmy no nose

Sounds pretty cool actually.  So what exactly happens to this person who gets eaten by this giant worm?  Where do they end up?  Do they just come out the other side?

Guest Kinetic

I once knew a girl who was fed to the World Maggot.  She apparently just come out of the other side.  I haven't seen much of their stuff recently, but their early 90s performances were truly inspired.  Tons of fake blood, phony violence, papier mache weapons, and just utter ridiculousness.  The "Tour de Scum" video would probably be the best reference point, although you've already paid for tickets and another $15 is probably more than you'd want to invest in a band like Gwar.  Eh...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Invest as much as possible in the best theatrical band since the early days of Alice Cooper.

Guest Bigg Jon

Everyone should see at least one GWAR show.  It is truly a spectacle to behold.  You don't have to be familiar with their music to have a good time.  Just sit back and enjoy the theatrics.  And remember that the blood *will* come out in the wash.

BTW, the guys (and girl) in the band are quite intelligent, and often break down their own equipment after the show.  If you hang around, you might be able to talk to them; they're all really nice.

Guest ihatemycomp

very  good  band  to  see  live as  there  music  is based  on the  theatrics itself. one  of the  best  shows  I have seen  in  my  27 yrs  of  life.

Guest Bob Dobbs

When I went to my one and so far only GWAR concert, they didn't have the worm.  I was really hoping they would have it there.  Lots of fake blood, lot's of props, mostly involving human reproductive organs.  I saw them play with the Misfits, and despite the Misfits being my favorite band, GWAR had the best performance of the night, at least actwise.

Guest converge241

Yes! everyone needs to go at least once!

You also must watch "phallus In Wonderland" at least once if given the chance. it is your duty to get covered btw. Do not buy a GWAR album! (well maybe Scumdogs). it is also your duty to help feed the women into the whatever is eating them on the stage. Do NOT help force some woman up though!

Ive been 4 times (only once to see them, but i got to check em out again at festivals and with the misfits)

Ive alays prefered the meat grinder to the worm, but it works the same