Jump to content

Can WWE take Japanese wrestlers seriously?


Recommended Posts

Guest the 1inch punch
Posted

I'd put it down to JR hating foreigners

Guest Kid Kablam
Posted
The WWE is racist thus no japanese, hispanic, gay, european will ever be elevated. I know the Rock has had major success but I seem to remember a lot of people wondering if Rock was even black at one time due to skin color.....

 

But to my point that the WWE is racist just look at the facts about how they portray the stereotypes:

 

Booker T and Farooq speak ghetto or ebonics

 

Funaki and Tajiri apparantly cant speak english well and are unable to get over without a white guy helping (Tajiri with Knoble and earlier with Regal)

 

Eddie Guerrero speaking gang member speak (I'm hispanic so I know we all dont speak like that) and the child abuse thing was kind of derogative. Its like saying all Italians are in the mob.

 

Canadians hate the US because they feel inferior

 

Gays ( or those as portrayed) cant seem to be manly as they seem to have to show their feminine side even though there are gay people who are as masculine as the rest of us....

 

Women are only T & A and if they want to be treated with respect they are made fun of (Molly Holly)

 

I mean, is it really a surprise that Booker and Goldust were teamed together as they are both minorities (though Rhodes is just acting) fighting against the MAN....

 

Just my measly two cents worth.......

Let's not forget:

Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry

K-Kwick with his whole "Gettin Rowdy!" shiat

and Booker T hawkin fried chicken. I found that fact sickly funny. Not funny about the whole racial stereotype, but how it never really crossed Vinces, or the people down at Hungryman that that might be a bad idea. Suprisingly there's been no backlash

Guest JHawk
Posted

To whoever mentioned Inoki winning the big one:

 

That was never mentioned on WWF programming. In fact, I have the MSG show on tape where Backlund won the held up title from Bob Duncum Sr., and even with the WWF president (who was Japanese, although I can't remember his name) in the ring holding the belt, no mention was ever made of the title changes in Japan or it being held up.

 

I always wondered why Vince Sr. didn't acknowledge it and change up the scheduled MSG card that night (or even hold off until the January show to settle the dispute). Inoki was pretty over at MSG, so they might as well have made some money off of it.

Guest deadbeater
Posted

At least they treated the joshi a little better:

 

Jumping Bomb Angels came here and worked some classics with the Glamour Girls Judy Martin and Lelani Kai. Austin and Pillman stole some moves from them, including the Blond Bombshell.

 

Bull Nakano worked a series of very good matches with Madusa, even winning the Women's title.

 

Two Survivor Series matches involved joshi. In one of them, Aja Kong defeatred Madusa with her spinning backhand.

 

And hell, they let Molly do her (slowed-down by WWE) puroresu style she learned from Hosaka and Madusa. The good part is she is training the other women in that style too.

 

And stereotyping can be found in most of the promotions. Harlem Heat?? The Huffman brothers are as Harlem as the Globetrotters.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...