Guest jester Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 I wouldn't mind him coming back, but not for awhile. If he came back tomorrow, they would HAVE to make a big deal about it, and that would disrupt the other storylines they have going. With Austin gone, they are more likely to create new stars. They need some. Sure, a new guy beating Austin clean would give someone a big boost, but how likely is he to let that happen? jester
Guest Dangerous A Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 If Austin were to come back, there'd be a huge dilemma. First, you are bringing back a guy who did business the wrong way. Twice in the same year. Definitely sends a wrong message to the locker room. "If you are a big enough name(Austin) or have pull with certain guys(X-Pac) then you can do whatever the hell you want back here. Plus Austin returning would seem to scoop up the heat from all the existing programs that are being built right now. Also, Austin is probrably not the most popular guy in the back right now. He left the company high and dry, and some might percieve him coming back as Austin waiting until the ratings start an upward trend and then scoop up the heat that others worked for. It's also not for certain that Austin would spike the ratings. Rock's latest return did NOTHING for ratings. Some of that is attributed to him being away for so long and alienating the crowd he once drew. But there is no guarantee that Austin would have an effect on ratings because the ratings were in the shitter for the last 2-3 months when he was there. On the other hand, he is a great performer and does at least draw house shows. I guess the question to be asked is this, is it worth it to compromise what little locker room morale you have just to bring back a person who MIGHT be able to jump start business again, but can only build short term programs around because of health and professionalism issues?
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 Nothing is impossible, look at Hulk Hogan right now. I never would have thought he'd be so damn humble. You don't think Austin is sorry? If everything that came out of Vince's mouth is true and that is what happened, you don't think the guy is sorry? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the guy walked in and apologised to each and every worker in the back claiming he was wrong and he asks for their permission to earn that respect back. Some of those guys back there he has been working with for long years, that respect doesn't just fad away in a matter of months. He earned it and he can sure as hell try and get it back. How can youhold a grudge on someone who apologises to you and is truly humbled? Why is that possibility just thrown out the damn window? This isn't Satan himself, this is just a guy who fucked up. I'd be willing to bet he's extremely sorry and will have a longer road back than anyone thinks.
Guest oldschoolwrestling Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 It says he's working out and that he's anxious to return. I don't see him anywhere talking about how he's sorry, I don't see him telling Jack Lanza that wishes to mend the fences. All I see is a bored drunk who realizes the world IS going on without him and that he'd better stay in shape in case they come calling. He doesn't see himself as having done anything wrong.
Guest NoCalMike Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 The problem with an Austin comeback right away is that all the ME stuff set for the weeks to come has to be modified. I like the flow of the show right now, it fits perfectly into the two hour time slot, yet if we throw another ME guy in there that just means less time for some guys like Booker/Benoit/RVD/Guererro.....so I say, NO AUSTIN
Guest oldschoolwrestling Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 The problem with an Austin comeback right away is that all the ME stuff set for the weeks to come has to be modified. I like the flow of the show right now, it fits perfectly into the two hour time slot, yet if we throw another ME guy in there that just means less time for some guys like Booker/Benoit/RVD/Guererro.....so I say, NO AUSTIN Don't forget once HHH is ready to wrestle again he'll be bumping someone's time since you know he won't be cutting his promo/skit time.
Guest jama Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 you guys kill me one good raw since he left aNd the wwf is better oof. Benoit is not going to the main event, neither is RVD, Booker T, Storm etc. I would love it but the fact is that hhh won't elevate them, the rock will be gone soon, so austin is the best bet. Benoit been in the wwf for like three years now, jericho the same, they are not going to elevate these guys, hopefully the ratings drop to the two's then they will push them to those spots. Thats what forced vince to push bret.
Guest oldschoolwrestling Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 The ratings haven't dropped to the 2's but what has Vince done with the ratings in the shitter?: Bring in the NWO Brand Extension Bring in Russo Bring in Bischoff Try to bring in Steiner, Goldberg Bring back Stephanie Bring back HBK So what makes you think at that point he'll elevate Benoit and Jericho?
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 hmmm... I want him back...he is one of my all time favorites...and one of the alltime BEST. They could make him into a heel...that would work. He'd have to go to SD! though...where Bischoff isn't. That would just be a problem waiting to happen. Although...I would mark out for an Austin/Bischoff confrontation in the hallway... BRING HIM BACK!
Guest Ripper Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 The only way I would accept him back is he comes back Heel, first order of business is job to the ROck...CLEAN and then job to Beniot...CLEAN...and then to Guerro just for scars that he had on Raw from the table match...CLEAN. After that, I could give a rats ass what he does, just be professional about it.
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 Oh yes, him returning the countless jobs to the Rock woule be a necessity at the very least. the Rock has NEVER pinned austin in a one on one match on TV. Kind of like Savage/Hogan.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 I'd think that Austin would be better used putting over people who are going to be around. I have no problem with Austin beating the Rock all those times, and Rock net getting them back...cause the Rock is only a part time wresler now. If Rock were full time then I would be all for him beating Austin.
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 Point taken. Along those lines, it's hilarious to hear the Rock in his promo stating that he isn't a movie star just because he's done a movie here and there. One would think he was implying that Helldorado would be the last one for a while. That would certainly be good for the company, and I think Vince would be smart to limit these movies or just flat out give Rock an ultimatum. What do you think?
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 He just signed on to do Spyhunter
Guest Dangerous A Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 Austin on SD is a scenario I could live with. Have him put over Angle correctly. Think of it as penance for screwing up all of Angle's promos for the last 8 months. Then again, all it would do is bring the "what" crap back again. But would they continue to "what" Angle if he got good ol' Stone Cold to tap clean to the ankle lock? Hmmmmmmmmm................
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 they could edit out the What's on SD. they could then give them to Lesnar to make it sound like he has heat. If I'm not mistaken...didn't Austin tap out to Angle at Unforgiven?
Guest Dangerous A Posted July 24, 2002 Report Posted July 24, 2002 Yeah, but then they did the bullshit copout of Austin's foot was within the ropes and the tapout shouldn't have counted deal. And then when Ross put that controversy over like he did the next night on Raw, then I knew that was Austin's way of getting out of the "clean" win. That particular instance has always irked me. Why couldn't they just have had Austin tap clean without the stupid controversy? I mean, it's not like he was going to be viewed as weak or something.
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20 Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Happy-days-are-ahead-for-Chris-Benoit.
Guest gwf0704 Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Im curious. I keep reading the Raw thread every week and most of the comments are , damn this show sucks, damn this guy is taking up airtime, damn this guy won, damn this old guys back, blah blah blah..... Now I read on this thread that RAW is a great show without Austin???? Does anyone know what the word hypocrite means????? Dont say one thing on one thread and then double back on another just so you can be considered one of the knowledgeable smarks..... Im not saying all of you as the majority are consistent in your bashings (which I gotta respect if not agree with) but botton line, Austin helps ratings for PPV/cable, is talented, can wrestle and most importantly to the common fan, is entertaining.... As for the guy who commented on who is Goldberg and that fans dont remember him? Common fans (as they are called here) are the ones that remember him more and want him back than the Smarks do.... You may not like it, but its true, its true......
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Well, this RAW was obviously much better and different than the past months, so I'm not hypocritical because most of the stuff I can't stand DIDN'T happen. Goldberg would be widely known coming back, that I agree with you, gramps( )
Guest Shadow Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Let me be the first (and only?) to say about a Stone Cold Comeback.. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and no. Even with the stupid booking, I've been a happy viewer ever since that stupid bastard got off my TV. Austin is to me like HHH is to most of you. Agreed 100%. The WWE is doing just fine without Austin, and we don't need his prima-donna-ass back.
Guest Big McLargeHuge Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Can someone Please come up with some other than 'prima donna' to call Austin? I'd still like him back.
Guest bob_barron Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Unless Austin comes back and- loses to Rock Benoit Angle Eddy and gets peed on by AA then fuck him. Let him sit at home and brood
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 Angle would be an easy possibility, but Rock sure as hell doesn't deserve it now that he's put wrestling 2nd fiddle and Austin would probably end up on Smackdown considering Bischoff is on Raw and he shouldn't be there anyway. So I guess fuck him, right? I mean I'm sure he came up with the idea of peeing on AA in the first place. That would have really motivated him and made him have hope for the future. Austin more thanlikely would have jobbed to Eddy with heel Benoit interference and The Austin/Benoit feud was inevitable with Benoit probably going over at least once in an extended feud. Who knows what he had in store as far as putting people over, but we'll never know. Didn't want to just clean job to the green un-over Lesnar and I agree. Flair shouldn't have, and Rock REALLY shouldn't.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 I've LIKED Raw since Austin left. I haven't thought there was a 'bad' show yet. Here's a message. "What? Stay out of wrestling. What? Stay off my TV. What?"
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 25, 2002 Report Posted July 25, 2002 I want him off of Raw myself, but the man is entertaining to me, a top draw, and would help out in Rock's absence and give Smackdown some star power if Trips and Rock are both going to be off the show. Brock isn't going to do it.
Guest gwf0704 Posted July 26, 2002 Report Posted July 26, 2002 Well, this RAW was obviously much better and different than the past months, so I'm not hypocritical because most of the stuff I can't stand DIDN'T happen. Goldberg would be widely known coming back, that I agree with you, gramps( ) (Takes a swig from his gerital bottle and yells at CallmedanWhat? to get off my yard!!!!) Younguns...................................
Guest Ripper Posted July 26, 2002 Report Posted July 26, 2002 Angle would be an easy possibility, but Rock sure as hell doesn't deserve it now that he's put wrestling 2nd fiddle and Austin would probably end up on Smackdown considering Bischoff is on Raw and he shouldn't be there anyway. So I guess fuck him, right? I mean I'm sure he came up with the idea of peeing on AA in the first place. That would have really motivated him and made him have hope for the future. Austin more thanlikely would have jobbed to Eddy with heel Benoit interference and The Austin/Benoit feud was inevitable with Benoit probably going over at least once in an extended feud. Who knows what he had in store as far as putting people over, but we'll never know. Didn't want to just clean job to the green un-over Lesnar and I agree. Flair shouldn't have, and Rock REALLY shouldn't. The job to Lesnar would have no doubt happend due to interferance from Beniot and Guerro...it wouldn't have been anything resembling clean...seeing as he hasn't lost a singles match clean in YEARS...even after turning heel. With Jerichco cleaning dog poop, Molly getting called fat, all the women being made to kiss Vince, Regal kissing Vinces bare ass, Guerro having to use a fake accent, AA being peed on, Tommy Dreamer eating vomit, Gregory Helms dressing like a moron, Devon playing preacher, Stasiak acting like a moron, Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo pretending to be gay, Rico wearing those sideburns, Hogan tapping and losing clean to everyone....Austin has the nerve to complain about HIS character direction and how HE is being written because the writers wanted him to job due to massive interference....OOOOokkkkaaayyy. Now he wants back...well, ratings are picking up and basically, in wrestling, you get forgotten fast.
Guest Just call me Dan Posted July 26, 2002 Report Posted July 26, 2002 Yeah, but isn't it funny how Taker, HHH, Rock, etc. have the characters they always have and are always booked incredibly strong? Austin is the one who has been put in shit programs and left to the side when his career is winding down and all he has done is produce. HHH gets 45 minutes of air time to escape 10 on 1 beatdowns, the Rock is ALWAYS the babyface who just whips everyone's ass, Taker is squashing left and right and looks ultra-strong, and even the nWo can just complain about the booking and get the show re-written to satisfy their liking. But Austin being booked with Bradshaw, peeing on people, losing to Lesnar and looking the worst he has since picking up the "Stine Cold" gimmick isn't feasible? You acting like there isn't a separate priority for Main Event guys as far as characters goes is ridiculous. They are given the care and the work as far as talent goes. It is that simple. Austin was left behind and shouldn't have been. Sure there are bad gimmicks/horrible storylines everywhere, but the maine eventers and people like X-Pac are taken the utmost care of while Austin is forgotten. Why? What did he do?
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now