TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

Steamboat in NWA

Guest Zack Malibu

I don't mean a full time return or anything, but with the whole "Rebel Jeff Jarrett" storyline, is a Steamboat/Jarrett match out of the question? You could have Jarrett go apeshit and destroy Steamboat, putting him over as an "at all costs" killer heel, or build Jarrett up some more, until he's finally humbled by a true legend. Just some armchair booking on my part, but I could actually see this scenario played out in the future.

Guest ShooterJay

I'd say yeah, because Steamboat is in the same boat (no pun intended) as Shawn Michaels.

It's really too bad, because in almost a decade of watching wrestling, I have NEVER seen a Steamboat match.

Guest Zack Malibu
It's really too bad, because in almost a decade of watching wrestling, I have NEVER seen a Steamboat match.

:o

Guest J*ingus

If anything, a Steamboat return is even less likely than an HBK return. His back is in that Steve Austin realm of: one bad bump = lots of nasty complications. In his shoot interview, he basically said he'd never wrestle again, and said even if he did that he wanted it to be with Flair. He's made his money, and is content to do little stuff like personal appearances and the NWA referee gig.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Although I can't see him ever wrestling again...his presence is a big plus for TNA IMO.

I mean...it's Steamboat!

Few people in the history of the business have carried themselves with the dignity and class that Ricky carries (and carried) himself with.

That's what makes him the perfect foil for JJ's character.

And...IT's STEAMBOAT!

Guest Vyce

I totally feel that Steamboat would be great in a general manager type of role.

HOWEVER, he'd need a heel to face off against, such as Jarrett.

Guest FeArHaVoC

What was the actual injury that retired Steamboat? How did it happen?

It happen against Austin, right?

Guest Trivia247

I remember the actual Feud between Steamboat and Savage, not just the WM3. I remember the match where Savage "Crushed his larnyx" Steamboat master of the Armdrag! great stuff. What took him out of wrestling?

Guest Retro Rob

IIRC, he went up to the top rope in the match with Austin. The rope was very oily. He slipped and landed awkwardly I guess.

Guest J*ingus

Yeah, what Rob said. He fell down awkwardly on his ass, which jammed his spine and took him out of action. It's the littlest things...

Guest Tony149

It was on the August 1994 Clash of Champions where Steamboat hurt himself.

Ricky was doing "skin the cat" and for whatever reason (probably the reason Rob said -- ropes too oily/sweaty) he lost control landed hard on his ass or lower back on the ring apron.

Steamboat won the U.S. Title that night. The next month at Fall Braw, Steamboat gave up the title, and Austin jobbed quickly to Jim Duggan.

Guest J*ingus

No, that's the version that SK keeps insisting on, even though it's wrong. Steamboat himself specified that he fell off the top rope while he & Austin were trying for some kind of superplex spot, and he landed wrong.