TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Should The NWATNA Look to

Guest MrRant

I'm not sure how well this would go but since the WB shows generally have low ratings and appeal to the same market as UPN... should the NWATNA possibly pursue them as apposed (sp) to a cable network? You could make the claim that the show would draw around the same ratings as their other shows (minus their top shows like Smallworld, Dawson, etc).

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I was thinking about that too.

You'd think they'd have a better shot with WB then anyone else...cause WB is probably more willing to take risks to get ratings.

Guest El Satanico

Only problem with that is that some towns like mine have UPN and WB on the same channel.

I'm not sure who even owns WB. However i seem to remember it being sold not too long so Viacom could also own it.

Guest MrRant
Only problem with that is that some towns like mine have UPN and WB on the same channel.

I'm not sure who even owns WB. However i seem to remember it being sold not too long so Viacom could also own it.

AOL Time Warner still owns it. And Ted wanted to get back into wrestling so.....

Guest Hitman Jebus

Hey, I'm all for the WB as long as I get my dream match of...

Katie Holmes (Dawson) vs. Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) :D

Hitman Jebus - drooling just thinking about it...hell, make it a Bra and Panties match

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

so...

I should change the petition to WB.

DAMN!

We had over 100 sigs

Guest J*ingus

Thing is, WB isn't a network like USA is. It's an affiliation of completely different independent stations around the country, who share a lot of the same programming. With something like a wrestling show, it would be up to each individual station to put it on themselves.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

True.

Still...better than nothing.

Wrestling fans can call there local cable company!

I can almost hear it now.

Guest MrRant
Thing is, WB isn't a network like USA is. It's an affiliation of completely different independent stations around the country, who share a lot of the same programming. With something like a wrestling show, it would be up to each individual station to put it on themselves.

Not true. It would be like NBC. If you want to be an affiliate you need to run their programming. I believe they pay you to run their programing if memory serves.

Guest Slapnuts00

This would be nice, except for local sports conflicts. I don't know how it is in other markets, but here in the DC/Baltimore area half of the Orioles, Wizards and Capitals games are played on our WB affiliate (the other half on cable). So, this would be a conflict since they wouldn't postpone the sports games, in favor of wrestling if it is on primetime weeknights (when most sports games are on). Just saying... I think a cable option like USA who could commit to them, would be a better idea.