TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4Life

What Dick Cheney doesn't say

Guest 4Life

Dick Cheney says it's time for another war with Iraq.

He says Iraq is an evil nation.

What Dick Cheney doesn't say, is that he sold $23 million dollars worth of technology to Iraq.

Beginning in 1998, his company sold more technology to Iraq than any other corporation. Then Dick Cheney lied about it in a July 23 2000 interview with ABC and only admitted the truth after the facts leaked from his own company.

Cheney's technology has enabled Saddam Hussein to sell more oil, strengthen his grip on power, and build new weapons of mass destruction.

When Cheney left Halliburton with a $30 million bonus, America was left with a new threat to its security.

Mr. Vice President: the American people want answers.

Do you see war as a last resort, or as a chance to profit?

And how did Saddam Hussein become our worst enemy, and your best customer?

Guest NoCalMike

4Life - Good Post. Just another example of the so-called "moral highground" administration getting knocked back to earth.

Guest MrRant

Yeah... because those Democrats haven't done anything wrong. *coughbullshitcough*

PS - I am not liberal or conservative. But I figue someone has to stand up for Repubs outside of Dr. Tom. Just seems that liberals seem to have the highest double standards in the world, outside of enviromentalists, atheists, and animal rights activists.

PSSS. My problem with atheists/enviromentalists/animal rights activists are that they aren't in it for either the Earth/animals/ or for sep of church and state... they are in it for themselves and what would make a better world for THEM.

Guest EricMM

Noone said they hadn't done anything wrong. LOL and you think DrTom is the only Conservative? Clearly MiketheSC, SomeGuy and others have SUCH a liberal adgenda. Heh but I'm kidding.

In regards to the environment what is good for me would also be good for you and yours... In the long run.

In regards to the actual Veep, well everyone has Skeletons in their closet, does this mean he can't go to war now? I don't care if he took a bullet for saddam... that was then this is now, the past is irreversable, so stop acting like it's policy.

*EDIT* My friend has said that it seems I am becoming more Republican because I defend bush occasionally. Same here. But there's just no fucking point to mud slinging anyone in this situation, especially about the past.

Guest Ram

I think all international business involving the states should be overlooked by a subgroup of the FBI/CIA or some other sort of group.

And an election should never have 2 idiots being portrayed as the top runners in the election. I mean Gore/Bush, and anyone else like them.

Guest DrTom

I might defend the Republicans, but that's because I'm generally happy with the job they're doing so far, and a lot of the shots against them strike me as sour grapes. I'm not a conservative, though, nor am I a registered Republican.

Anyway, it doesn't look good that Cheney's company sold anything to Iraq, especially technology. I don't know if they built any new weapons of mass destruction with it, and they can't hit us over here even if they did, and since the UN sanction have long been limp-wristed, that's a quibbling complaint. I get the feeling we're going to war with Iraq, for the right reasons, in a couple of months anyway, and then it won't matter who sold what to Saddam.

Guest 4Life

I don't think Republicans are doing that bad of a job, but with John McCain as our president, we'd be doing a lot better. Even Gore would do a better job in handling economy than GW.

edited: by Republicans I meant to say our other two judiciary systems, not the pres.

Guest Cancer Marney

Our other two judiciary systems? Okay, that one went completely over my head.

One 4Life observation I will agree with: Senator McCain would make a great President. I'm looking forward to his 2008 run.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

McCain is in this grey area that seems to ensure while he is wildly popular with the people who support him, other people simply will not vote for him, either because they see him as conservative (dems) or because he doesn't toe the party line (reps).

Guest NoCalMike

I am as liberal as they come(for the most part) but I would surely prefer McCain over Bush.