TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cartman

Lame question but I need help

Guest cartman

Ok for some odd reason I cant get pop-ups to load anymore. I know this is kinda a good thing lol, but it's also affecting other things like say my Yahoo Fantasy Football Draft. I click to enter the draft screen and all I gt is a blank white page.

Same thing happens when I try to login to my NFL.com fantasy league site. All popups from other sites are blank white pages too.

If anyone can explain why this is happening I would greatly appreciate it even if it is something stupid ;)

Guest 4Life
Ok for some odd reason I cant get pop-ups to load anymore. I know this is kinda a good thing lol, but it's also affecting other things like say my Yahoo Fantasy Football Draft. I click to enter the draft screen and all I gt is a blank white page.

Same thing happens when I try to login to my NFL.com fantasy league site. All popups from other sites are blank white pages too.

If anyone can explain why this is happening I would greatly appreciate it even if it is something stupid ;)

Tools>Internet options>Security>Default Level

That should solve your problem.

Guest Your Olympic Hero1

Go to Macromedia.com. Click the download button, then from there download the latest version of Macromedia Flash and Macromedia Shockwave. Restart the browser.

BTW, what version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Guest cartman

I appreciate the help so far...but I hate to say it...

STEEEEEEEERIKE 2! lol

Any other ideas?

Guest DrTom

Make sure you have Active X and Java scripts turned on in IE. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java from Sun. If neither of those work, you might as well go ahead and download IE again, maybe even going to the latest version.

Guest 4Life
Make sure you have Active X and Java scripts turned on in IE. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java from Sun. If neither of those work, you might as well go ahead and download IE again, maybe even going to the latest version.

Or get Netscape.

Guest Your Olympic Hero1
Make sure you have Active X and Java scripts turned on in IE.  Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java from Sun.  If neither of those work, you might as well go ahead and download IE again, maybe even going to the latest version.

Or get Netscape.

Netscape fucking sucks

Guest cartman

alrighty nothing is workin so far....let me put it another way maybe...

It seems to be anytime I try to open a second window it doesnt load anything. For another example you know when you go to say ESPN.com and look at team rosters or whatever...well if you click on the player link it loads the player profile on a seperate page...well that seperate page is always blank for me in ALL those situations including pop-ups.

Guest razazteca

well are you running any ad blockers or pop up stoppers?

have you tried to lower you security level or reset it to default

try using Opera as your browser

are you using a Mac or another Os

Tool - Internet Options - delete cookies, delete files?

Guest cartman
well are you running any ad blockers or pop up stoppers?

have you tried to lower you security level or reset it to default

try using Opera as your browser

are you using a Mac or another Os

Tool - Internet Options - delete cookies, delete files?

1. Nope

2. Yes, and nothing...

3. Never heard of it...I like IE, always used it, and never had this problem until yesterday morning.

4. Windows XP

5. Tried that, thanks anyways :(

Guest razazteca

its probably the Windows XP firewall that is preventing you from having fun, it can be turned off

Guest cartman

It is already off...I checked that a well.

Oh well I really appreciate all your suggestions anyways, Thank you!

Guest Your Olympic Hero1

I know what your problem is.

Windows XP doesn't come pre-installed with Java. You have to go to windowsupdate.com and download Java Virtual Machine. That's why nothing renders in those boxes.

Hope it works!

Guest cartman

I already got it, I always get updates as soon as they are availible.

See I have been using XP for a while now so I know it's not that, saturday morning I had a problem with my cable modem service Cox. Well I took a crapshot and reinstalled the software for COX and since then I cant get second window's to load.

Edit: And me being the dork I am fixed the problem on my own. Apparently when I did the whole reinstall with the COX software something wrong happened because I just reonstalled it AGAIN and my problem is solved.

Sorry for bein a pain in the ass for such a dumb problem...Thanks again for all your help!

Guest Razor Roman

I had the same problem with Windows 2000. Here's what I tried...

downloading and installine IE 6 again. Didn't work.

creating a new user profile. didn't work.

backing up all my data and reformatting the hard drive. Yeah, that worked.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Hmm...You should have called for help, or called the Screensavers....

Damn, I've never (knock on virtual wood) had a computer problem other than the occasional ghost restart on Win 98 and ME. I've been wanting to call one of those shows for ages now (Got ZDTV from day 1 on my satellite, and I've still NEVER called or emailed or faxed..)

Not that this is a bad thing mind you..

Guest jimmy no nose
alrighty nothing is workin so far....let me put it another way maybe...

It seems to be anytime I try to open a second window it doesnt load anything. For another example you know when you go to say ESPN.com and look at team rosters or whatever...well if you click on the player link it loads the player profile on a seperate page...well that seperate page is always blank for me in ALL those situations including pop-ups.

I had this problem a couple years ago on Windows 95 and all I had to do was delete IE and reinstall it. I don't know if that will work for you, but that's what I did.