TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest frenziedme

Favorite Secret Tracks?

Guest frenziedme

Mine are:

Goldfinger: It Isn't Just Me (Hang-Ups)

Reel Big Fish: I'm Cool (Turn the Radio Off)

Midtown: Untitled (Save the World Lose the Girl)

Guest Kinetic

Well.  I'd say Beck's "Golden Bollocks" from Mutations.  Good song.  The only other ones I can think of are "Endless Nameless" from Nevermind, which isn't great but is hidden.  Then there are those two Nine Inch Nails songs from the end of "Broken."  Those are better than anything on the normal part of the album.  Can't think...must stop posting...

Guest Flyin' Squirrel

Kinetic - I was thinking of the EXACT same tune (it's actually called "Diamond Bollocks"). A great song on an absolutely amazing album. "Looking back at some dead world that looks so new/offices and fountains that they named for you" is one of my favorite Beck lines. As a fellow Mutations fan (I'd go so far as to call it my favorite album ever), allow me to say represent~!.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

The remix of "Bwomp" with a prank phone call to some black metal fuckhead named Joe at the end of Mushroomhead's XX CD.

Guest Kinetic
Kinetic - I was thinking of the EXACT same tune (it's actually called "Diamond Bollocks"). A great song on an absolutely amazing album. "Looking back at some dead world that looks so new/offices and fountains that they named for you" is one of my favorite Beck lines. As a fellow Mutations fan (I'd go so far as to call it my favorite album ever), allow me to say represent~!.

This is way, way off topic but--hell yeah.  I thought I was the only one.  While I wouldn't go so far as to call it my favorite album ever, it's definitely my favorite Beck album.  I vastly prefer that facet of his work to the sometimes overblown, gimmicky "Midnite Vultures" stuff.  I'd start a Beck thread, but he hasn't done anything in forever.  He's apparently recording a new album with Dan "The Automator".  I don't know what to think of that.

Guest Flyin' Squirrel
I'd start a Beck thread, but he hasn't done anything in forever.  He's apparently recording a new album with Dan "The Automator".  I don't know what to think of that.

I kind of like the sound of that, actually - Dan the Automator's done some good stuff, including recently with Gorillaz, and he seems like he could be a great match for Beck. It has been a long time since any new material of significance surfaced, but Beck does have a cover of "Your Cheatin' Heart" on a new Hank Williams tribute album, and he's apparently done some collaborations with Marianne Faithfull - I've gotta track those down.

Guest TheyCallMeMark

Alice In Chains had this one... "Iron Gland"... It's on Dirt, I think. I'd have to listen to find out for sure.

It's kind of stupid but it makes me giggle.

Guest redbaron51
I never really liked secret tracks. Most of it is just money grabbers. Though some of becks secret tracks are good though

Guest Nevermortal

"Imperium Tenebrarum" at the end of Cradle of Filth's "THe Principle of Evil Made Flesh". Pretty cool...its like a rallying war speech.

Guest Anorak

The last song on Afghan Whig's 'Congregation' album is really good, i think it's called something like 'Milz is Dead' or something. I really like that Beck song as well, i agree Mutations is much better than Midnite Vultures was. A lot of hidden tracks are deliberately goofy but some are great.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

On The Arcturus cd "La Masquerade Infernale" when you rewind the start of the cd, the singer recites a badass quote from the book of revelations.

My favorite would be the one at the end of Anathema's "A Fine Day To Exit" cd. dont know what its called but its a good jam around the campfire sounding song.

Guest converge241

Sister Machine Gun

"Strange Days"

The only track ive ever seen hidden at the beginning of a cd!

you play track one and pause and rewind till -5:43. If you go to far it just goes back to 00:00 of track one

Guest goodhelmet

cracker- eurotrash girl

nirvana- verse chorus verse. (not really hidden but unlisted on the credits)

Guest cartman

Track 43 on the new Mushroomhead CD is VERY good. One of the best songs on a stacked album.

Guest Narcoleptic Jumper

Angie Aparo's "The American" and Staind's "Excess Baggage".

Guest LowSparkOfHighHeeledBoys

Gov't Mule - If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day off of Life Before Insanity...its not really hidden, because its credited in the liner notes, but it doesnt have a separate track on the CD, so if you dont know that, its kind of hidden.

Guest Zero_Cool

My fav has to be the hidden track on "Dookie".  

"All by myself...nobody was LOOKIN', I was thinking of you.."