TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The One and Only NWA TNA week 7 thread

Guest 4Life
I'd like to say that Disco Inferno's segment was some of the funniest wrestling TV I've ever seen.

WWF messed up by not signing Disco Inferno. He's priceless. Ad man?>....... errrr no. :)

Guest treble charged

I think is was Don West who said, "I thought we were going to see her breasts," during the Disco segment. That was unintentionally one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Guest J*ingus

I was at the live show... a few observations.

-There were barely enough people in that little building to make any noise in the first place. A little over a thousand in attendence, no more.

-TNA has the world's quietest ring mat. The bumps make almost no sound.

-Puppet's "gun" was clearly a BB or pellet gun (which makes the "I'll shoot your kneecaps off" line more understandable).

-Seeing Steamboat hop over the top rope and assume the karate stance was worth the price of admission right there.

-The Irreverend Sinister Minister James Vanderburg-Mitchell's gimmick is especially effective in the Bible Belt Buckle that is Nashville, people were creeped out by the blood.

-Everybody hated the stupid Taylor/Bruce angle, and most people were actually rooting for the guy.

-The women cheered Goldy on Jive Talkin, though the men booed her thoroughly.

-Lo-Ki is OVER with a bunch of the ringside people, they kept chanting his name, but the rest of the building didn't care, except for his ungodly stiff kicks.

-Hall and Jarrett were the most over guys on the card.

-After the show was over, I was at times within three feet of Don West, Bob Ryder, AND Vince Russo. Somehow I did not go into a homicidal fury. (BTW, Russo is actually a surprisingly big guy, he's at least 6'2".)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It was Ferrara.

I made mention of it in the play by play for the thread.

I had tears in my eyes.

It was so perfect...it followed all the bitching back and forth between Disco and Goldy...she finally took a seat and Ferrara sounded like he just realized something:

"We're going to see her breasts"

Then Tenay said something like "yeah right"

and Ferrara countered with "He's making nice with her"

It was hilarious.

West did have a funny one earlier though...when The Truth said that "They" were exploiting the TNA girl for their own benefit.

West said "The TNA girls are for everyone's benefit"

Guest CoreyLazarus416

West is improving...slowly, but he is. I was laughing hard when he stood up to hype the merchandise.

I think I have a new favorite match in LowKi/Jerry Lynn...not a single part of the match had me saying "that's not great" until Styles interfered, but in hindsight, it made the angle further and a Triple Threat match next week between Lynn, Styles, and my new favorite wrestler...LOWKI.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You have a new favorite wrestler in Low Ki

I have a new favorite wrestler in The Truth.

Things are good.

Guest RedJed

Another week, another rant........

POSITIVES:

Opener was decent. They were doing some sloppy exhanges though which surprised me. Finish was pretty nice though, Skipper took a sick bump off the ropes backwards. There wasn't much heat here for an opener, at least compared to last weeks. ** 1/2

Lynn-Low Ki was f'n great for a 15 minute match. Right up there with Benoit-RVD as a really damn good bout. The finish blew, but at least they are making up for it with a three way next week. Lynn worked a very stiff style in this match so he was right up with Low Ki in that category. *** 3/4

K-Kwick worked the stick great this week and continued his angle being an angry black man. It may seem extreme to some as an angle, but I love it personally. I really am starting to get interested in a long term Brown-KKwick feud also. His interaction with the ring girl was a little drawn out, but the interaction with Steamboat worked well. Unfortunately, this was about the only real major importance Steamboat played in the show, even though he was all over it.

Apolo-Malice was about ten times better than I expected. Apolo needed to work hard this week to make up for the crap against Lawler. Speaking of Lawler, thank god he wasn't on at all tonight. ***

They did a nice buildup and hype job for next weeks show as something major, much like they did with week 4. I wonder if this will become a trend? In that case, I might just start ordering the end of the month shows and leave it at that. West was back in the role that made him famous, going hyper-active-sell about next week in a segment. Why don't they just make this guy the ring announcer already?

The evil church faction came across strong tonight. I want to see Sabu in this group for some reason. They could occasionally team up him and Storm, and it would work. I like the blood/sacrifice deal.......I'm sure many won't since it's a shock value deal and it has religious ties to it, but oh well. I can imagine Russo came up with this idea and this was an example where his imput comes in the right way.

In a sort of positive, I like the idea of Goldilocks wrestling Paulina for some reason. She came across well against Disco and easily is the gal they should be putting on TV in T & A roles above anyone else IMO, even if her gimmick is that she's not all about that. She's talented and belivable in her role, which is more than can be said for 99 percent of the women in wrestling. Line of the night by Ferrara when someone asked why Paulina is with Disco: "Maybe she's blind." LMAO!

Production improved this week, which was a good thing. Crowd needed a shot of adrenaline or something though. Thank god they moved to a different arena though because from what I saw, they have a ton of room here to still fill in seating. Hopefully in due time they can sell out the place, and the atmosphere would be off the page, ala ECW Arena.

NEGATIVES:

I cant stand Siaki. They are trying a complete copy of the Rock. Is there anything he does different than Rocky did as a heel anyway at one point or another? He looked weak in the match with Slash too. Slash busted his ass though, but it couldn't save the match. **

The Jarrett segment with the midgets was lame. This is an example of how some of Russo's ideas just don't go over all the time. The gun angle went over like a fart in church, and when it happened, I laughed. I don't think that was the response they wanted. Steamboats interaction with him was uninspiring, possibly partly because of the dead crowd. When Steamboat got in the ring to possibly fight him though, I couldn't believe it. Sure enough, Hall does a weak run in ruining it. Ugh.

The Styles turn on Lynn was kind of uninspiring. It was predictable since Styles was overselling how great Lynn is on commentary. It should be interesting to see how Styles works as a heel though.

That Miss T & A crap/match was one of the worse segments this year in wrestling, period. I can see they tried to make it a competitive match or something, but WTF. I'm sorry but what kind of demographic were they going for here? I guess they arent BSing when they said they are expanding their fanbase. At least the match was short but still, there was 10 minutes total there that could have went to whatever else. NO STARS

Disco was annoying as hell, in a way that I probably would have went and done something else if Goldilocks wasn't on his "show."

ME sucked. How many weeks has it been that we have been subjected to a horseshit main event anyway? It's been 3, I think. A major problem is that by the time the ME comes, they are short on time so the match has to be rushed. Hall needs to be let go I think. The only thing I remotely like about him is his music. He should be kept for another month or two max and put over someone in a hot feud, maybe Malice or something. This stuff with Jarrett and him is just boring me to death. All of the run in at the end was cool in terms of working for next week, but talk about overkill. And then the stuff with Steamboat came around too. I don't like that Steamboat came across as the same type of face owner here, in that he caused mistakes, etc. Hall horribly sold the finish shot with the chair as well. I hope they move on from this feud because it's run its course in 7 weeks time. * 1/4

One other thing......who the fuck cares about Don Harris? Oh yeah, it's Russo. They have a ton of talent and they decide to have Harris be the badass of the company? Give me a fucking break.

Alright show but I would have liked a little more solidness other than an up and down ride from good to bad segments. In getting these shows week after week now, I feel they should be throwing out stuff better than this at this point.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"Apolo-Malice was about ten times better than I expected. Apolo needed to work hard this week to make up for the crap against Lawler. Speaking of Lawler, thank god he wasn't on at all tonight. ***"

The most shoking thing of the night was how good this match was...and how good Apolo looked.

I liked the opener...Skipper worked the neck HARD...and it didn't go over with the crowd.

Stupid crowd.

Guest Tony149

Russo & the Harris' didn't appear to on good terms at the end of Russo's second WCW run.

I remember Russo went on WCW Live and said the Harris' were bitching about not getting enough air time or something. Russo went on a mini-rant on them, which was hilarious.

Guest Angle2004

LoL - I remember that. He talked about how they were begging him for a job when he first came to WCW and then they thought that they were too good to do jobs.

Guest El Satanico

I didn't know that James Mitchell guy was Sinister Minister. Why did they change his name. I hope he gets used more often i loved his stuff in ECW.

Guest Tony149
I didn't know that James Mitchell guy was Sinister Minister. Why did they change his name.

Probably because ECW trademarked it or they didn't want to risk the chance of getting sued by anybody who might own the name.

Guest The Notorious CRD

There was a lot to like during this week's show, but there was also some things that made me openly groan. For one, I don't need to see guns in the wrestling ring. Especially when it's a pissed off midget holding it. I have been more than willing to give Russo a chance with TNA, but if he keeps up stuff like that, I'll be calling for his head.

Also, I could do with less run-ins during the main event. Seeing as we're paying to watch this, I think we deserve better. All they needed to do last night was have the spot where Steamboat costs Hall the win and it would have been perfectly acceptable. Everything else was overkill.

For all my bitching though, I will say that I still enjoyed the show and they have a lot of strengths they can play up (X Division, The Truth, etc.) if they just will.