TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slapnuts00

Disco Inferno

Guest Slapnuts00

Was I the only one who didn't enjoy this segment at all? I don't know whether I was offended or just pissed that I paid 10 bucks for wrestling and they're wasting my time with this shit. I mean am I supposed to be entertained by Disco calling Goldy a bitch and grabbing her by her throat while yelling at her to show her breasts? They couldn't find a better way to introduce Paulina (who at first I thought was Chyna with dye job)? I thought it was pointless and waste of my time and money. It's funny, this week's show was very Hit and Miss. The good segments were very good (Styles/Skipper, Lynn/LoKi/, Steamboat/The Truth and Hall/Jarret) and the bad was not only very bad, but all happened to have reeked of Russo (midgets making threats with a gun, bizzare satanic blood segments/Bruce winning the Miss TNA title and of course the horrid Disco segment where he calls her a stupid bitch and wants her to take her shirt off). I just don't see how Russo is anything but bad for this promotion. I mean, the wrestling and old school stuff has been fantastic and is what has implored me to spend 70 dollars on the show. But ever since Russo entered in Week 5, all his Russo trademarks make appearences and are real turn offs to the show. When will people get it? It's not what we want to see. It's too bad that I can't do anything about it, but maybe Jerry Jarrett will get fed up with him too eventually. Just had to vent. Also, is it just me or are they trying to make Sonny Siaki into the Rock? And failing horribly?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...they know Sonny Siaki isn't going to be the Rock...but he does have a good amount of charisma and talent.

I think the way they are using him is good...as he is an interesting character. The difference is that the Rock was SO charasmatic that people had to cheer him. I think Siaki will just be played as a heel regardless.

I didn't hate the Disco segment.

I agree with what you said...but I was entertained.

The other Russo segments were kept rather short...and didn't bother me as a result.

The Jive talking was longer...but it all came down to the fact that I laughed and therefore didn't hate the segment.

The last 2 weeks of Russo resulted in bad shows...

This week the in ring action and The Truth being my new favorite wrestler (alright...second favorite after RVD) outweighed Russo.

I can stand a little Russo in my shows...that has always been the case for me.

This week didn't cross my Russo line because it was sprinkled throughout the show...instead of BEING the show.

Guest Angle2004

Slapnuts,

I missed the part where you gave Russo credit for the good parts of the show. Wait, my bad, he's only responsible for the bad stuff, right? Forgot about that.

Guest Slapnuts00
Slapnuts,

I missed the part where you gave Russo credit for the good parts of the show. Wait, my bad, he's only responsible for the bad stuff, right? Forgot about that.

Yeah, I believe he is, being that the first 4 weeks all featured excellent action, X-division matches and old school storylines. Since Russo showed up, we've had a lot more senseless cursing, Disco Inferno imploring a "bitch" to show her breats (with the wonderful response of "showing hairy balls"), midgets with guns, blood cults, etc. All I know, is I loved the show top to bottom for the first few weeks (before Russo was involved) and now only enjoy certain segments (coincidence? maybe, but I think not...)

Guest Angle2004

Slapnuts,

You're missing the point. You mentioned that there was good stuff on the show that you liked. My only point is that if you bash Russo for the bad stuff on the show you need to give him credit for the good stuff that you like. It's really simple. My point has nothing to do with the first four shows.

But, As far as the first four shows - I can't really judge because I only saw #1 and #3. I liked #1 but I didn't like #3 too much. I really screwed up by not ordering #2 and #4 because I missed the 4-way and 6-way Cruserweight matches. NWA can't do JUST wrestling because they won't be able to draw 50,000 buys by just doing that. I don't know if they'll be able to do any better with Russo's booking but I know it won't happen with JUST wrestling.

Guest RedJed

The thing is..........Russo isn't completely booking the product solo, so you can't say you can praise him for the good stuff of the shows. The good stuff this week was more than anything, the actual wrestling in some of the matches. That has nothing to do with Russo until I hear he is now scripting matches as well.

I guess in that same sense though, you can't blame him for all of the bad things either. Some of the things are obvious its him like the gun business (which I hated) and the blood sacrifice business (which I liked) but other things like say, the Miss T & A match, could have easily been booked by someone else since we had as bad of segments involving the ladies and also Funk for that matter, even before Russo came on board.

Guest Angle2004

Red,

Thank you. That's exactly my point. BTW, I liked the sacrifice stuff too. Jim Mitchell is a helluva talent.