TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jeremy Borash' From the Inside column for 8/2

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The look of the program improved tenfold this last week. We are constantly striving to improve the look of the show, as it is a constant evolution.

With the lawsuit now underway, our goal is to undo the wrongdoing, and get back on the right track. In the last 48 hours, we have made several announcements about additional clearances across North America. Expect announcements soon regarding distribution elsewhere in the world.

Former Tough Enough gal Paulina made a great impression on TNA management, and has been signed to a deal. She has a great look and has the dedication to go far in this business.

The Truth will get his long awaited world title shot this Wednesday night against Ken Shamrock. Ron Killings is an incredible talent, all he needed was the right opportunity.

The Flying Elvis' will kick off this Wednesday nights TNA against the Spanish Announce Team (aka the SATs) Joel, Jose, and the amazing Red in 6-man action.

The AJ Styles shirt went on sale this last Wednesday night and did well with the fans in Nashville. It will be on the website soon.

When Don West went into his pitch-fest, I had a flashback to the night I came home after a late night out and ordered 5,000 Fleer waxpacks from him off the Shop-at-Home network. I had never purchased a sports card in my life and suddenly, for some reason, I had an interest in attaining a gem mint 1982 Ripken rookie. West has sold nearly one billion dollars in sports memorabilia through his unique approach over the years. Incredible.

Some of the NWA TNA gang had a post-show gathering Wednesday night at Virago's restaurant in Nashville. In the midst of hearing another story from the Disco Inferno, in walked James Taylor and the Dixie Chicks and sat down next to us. He would have asked them to appear on Jive Talkin', but has chosen to go with the Dupps this week instead.

There will be three main events on the show this week. Jeff Jarrett vs. the undefeated Apolo, Shamrock vs. The Truth for the world title, and the Triple Threat match between AJ Styles, Low Ki, and Jerry Lynn. This week looks to have a very strong lineup.

Ricky Steamboat will be back this Wednesday night. He represents the company well and will continue to be a pivotal character on the program.

Management was impressed with B.J. Whitmer, Matt Styker, Shark Boy, and Jimmy Rave, who all had dark matches this past Wednesday night. Scoot Andrews will be involved in a dark match this Wednesday night.

TNA Saturday morning continues to attract quite a viewership in Nashville. Plans for a syndication launch are still underway.

Our condolences go out to Jim Cornette and his family on the loss of his mother. Thelma Cornette and Christine Jarrett, mother of Jerry Jarrett, were best of friends dating back to the early 1970's and had a ritual of going out to dinner every Tuesday night following the matches at the Louisville Gardens, often joined by Jim and his friends.

There will be no NWA TNA on September 11th out of respect to the tragic events of that day last year.

The alliance with the NWA continues to go well. We've even had other promotions outside of the NWA jump on board, including our friends at IPW in Florida who have been helping us with some unique promotion both at their live events and TV shows. We've always felt that getting the word out on a grassroots level is the real key to our success. I think you will start seeing NWA titles showcased on TNA defended all over the land.

We continue to get great coverage from lots of great wrestling websites on the internet, including www.wrestlingoutlaws.com, www.wrestlingdaily.net, www.info-lutte.com, www.lonewolfwrestling.com, www.3StrandWrestling.com, www.ringsidenews.com, http://www.wrasslin.com, www.wrestleview.com, www.thewrestleronline.com, and www.wrestlingdotcom.com just to name a few.

This week looks like we have a very strong lineup for NWA TNA. We'll see you at 8pm this Wednesday night! Have a great weekend!

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I would mark out if they put the title on The Truth. I hated him so much when he was in the WWF and I wanted him fired and to never hear from him again. IMO, he and Jeff Jarrett have been carrying the heavyweight (non-X) division, and is one of my favorites now.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I said it in another thread.

I can understand why the WWF let him go...he meant nothing to their plans...

what I can't understand...is how they EVER thought to give this guy the rold of Roaddogs rapping tag team partner in the lower midcard.

This guy has everything that makes me want to watch a wrestler.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Now that I've said that...

HE DID IT IN 7 WEEKS!

7 weeks ago he was still that stupid rapper I couldn't stand.

He spent the first 4 weeks in a NASCAR angle...and yet his talent was emerging through even that.

Then they gave him the mic and it was over.

His interaction with Steamboat last show is one of the rare wrestling moments that I will remember as long as I'm a fan of pro wrestling.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

If they make him the champ this week, Jerry Jarrett is God. That would totally make them real in my mind. When they started, I expected Jeff Jarrett to win the title (which isn't so bad, except his dad is the boss) and I expected Hall and all the other retreads to get all the push.

They have done nothing but push those who deserve it and I enjoy watching week after week.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Holy crap! SAT vs. Flying Elvises! That's going to be the fastest moving opener ever!

Jeezus...SAT/Elvises...Truth/Shamrock...Jarrett/Apolo...the X title three-way...dammit, I want a cable box.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

you seem to be right.

I mean...Truth got a big push...and he deserves every damn bit.

They tried pushing Lawler...but his ring work fell flat...and he wasn't even on last week...and not yet advertised for this week.

They made a plan out of pushing Malice and Apolo as homegrown stars...and Apolo finally showed signs of life last week...so his push can continue.

I like MAlice...but the Torch pointed out the fact that he has yet to even win a match in TNA.

I hope that leads to an angle...maybe him leaving the Disciples...and getting a face push.

He works hard...and is a pretty mobile big man.

They are pushing based on talent and crowd reaction.

It's interesting to see how things work without politics.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I can't wait for Sanders 3 months to be up so he can come in and make things even better.

I'm a big fan of Steamboat from the oldschool days, but I'm not into him being the enforcer. WWE/F did the owner/commissioner thing to death but I guess they want to be able to market his name.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The thing I like about Steamboat in that roll is that he represents old school NWA standards...in the face of the wildness of the TNA faction.

For some reason...that really clicks with me.

Guest BigPoppaKev

I don't see the big deal about NWA:TNA. I have scene 5 episodes of it and haven't really liked it. I mean yes the X-Division is good but I think some matches are a bit overrated. And to me it still looks like an indy fed with some big names (ala WWA).

Guest TheDames7

BPS, you probably haven't seen the SAT's, but I have...and you're in for a GREAT Treat next week with the 6 man tag.

Oohh.....I want an AJ Styles shirt. You make a Low-Ki shirt and I'll buy it....and how many ways can you market a guy named The Truth! I mean come on....they had a "Truth" in the XFL and he was pimped even though he had no talent!

Dames

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Oh Snap, Dames drinks Dr. Thunder too!

Anyways, K-Krush was a cool name, never dug K-Kwik(remind me of Nestle Quick, for some odd reason) but The Truth just has this uber cool sound to it. Remeber the first time you heard The Rock? Kinda like that. Kinda odd but...cool.

Anyways, I wish I had my descrambler NOW, so I could watch The Truth. Plus they have AJ Styles plus they (will) have Mike Sanders and im guessing Ron Waterman. Heres hoping NWA stays alive.

BTW Dr. Thunder does rule...oh it does...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I;m looking forward to seeing the SAT.

I've heard good things...

should be a pretty fast paced 6 man, eh?

Guest TheDames7

hey Tony Jaymz...you got played. That's not my room, I was visiting a friend in CT and that was his soda.

yeah, the SAT's and Red are well known high flyers in the NYC area and are in the Ring of Honor promotion as well. The SAT were also in the King of the Ring commercial this year, playing morons who can't take chair shots....

Dames

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

man...thanks Dames..playing me like that...here i was thinking we could start a Dr. Thunder group or whatever...i feel so used...

Anyways, If The Truth wins the title, i will be happy. the rest of the show can be russofied but as long as Truth wins..im happy.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

After the greatness that I saw of The Amazing Red 2 weeks ago vs. LowKi...I'm psyched for The SATs vs. Flying Elvises.

Wanna know something cool about TNA? My nephew, who is 7 years old, is a mark. Hey, we were all there, and it's excuseable BECAUSE he's so young (he also has some speech problems, and ADD, but hey, nobody's perfect). I had him sit down and watch 2 episodes of TNA, and he's changed his favorite wrestler from The Rock to AJ Styles.

T-N-A! T-N-A!

I want an AJ Styles shirt...but not the fucking ghey one they have with his face and picture on it...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I changed my favorite wrestler from RVD to the Truth.

See...we're all marks.

Guest The Superstar

I can't wait...this week will be my first week of TNA, and it looks to be one of the best yet.

I never saw Kwik/Krush/Truth wrestle (I was going through a non-watching period of the WWF when he was there) so I'd like to see what all the hype is about.

X-Title sounds awesome as usual, so does the 6-man. Is Sabu doing something?

Guest Nezbyte

SAT v. Elvii should be awesome, with correct time i'd predict a spotty **-***

Guest Raven_Effect01
The SAT were also in the King of the Ring commercial this year, playing morons who can't take chair shots....

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed that because I've never seen the two wrestle before.

Guest the 1inch punch
The SAT were also in the King of the Ring commercial this year, playing morons who can't take chair shots....

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed that because I've never seen the two wrestle before.

"OWWW"

That was, IMO, one of the funniest things i've ever seen

They were also in the "Undertaker beats up Dave Flair angle", i think, or was that the Briscoes