TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The Truth

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think I speak for a lot of people who use this folder when I say...The Truth rules.

Should they pull the trigger on Wednesday and give him the title?

Shamrock hasn't been very impressive.

But then you have to consider that (as discussed in another thread) Truth could be the first African American to win the NWA title.

So maybe they should hold off...

If they do hold off...I'd like them to wait until his inevitable face turn.

They are running a somewhat racist angle here...maybe it would be better if he lost on Wednesday...and got another shot when he turns face after deciding that "They" gave him the opportunity...he blew it...and now he has to earn another one.

It's hard to ignore the almost 100 years of history that has fallen into the lap of this angle.

So I guess it can go one of three ways:

1. Truth wins the title

2. Truth loses clean in a close match that puts him over

3. Truth gets screwed out of winning somehow...sending him further into the "Them" angle

Which do you think is best?

Guest Chuck Woolery

I'd love to see a double-turn between Truth and Shamrock, with someone (Steamboat?) coming out to screw over Truth, but then Jarrett comes out and beats on Steamboat and they declare a no-contest. That makes no sense, but it'd rule.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Actually, it probably wouldn't.

Guest Tony149

I see #1 or #3 happening.

I would like to see him win it (which two years ago, I would of said keep him off TV), but I think we'll see Jeff get involved. Allowing Killings to attack Jeff & TNA because "his (Jeff's) daddy owns it."

I could live with any of those three finishes. Although I'm pulling for The Truth.

Who would of thought this guy would get such a following?

Guest Zack Malibu

I wouldn't want to see him win it now. I'd have him get screwed out of it, either intentionally or unintentionally, then have him take out that frustration for a few more weeks until he beats Shammy clean.

Maybe Jarrett could get him DQ'd or something, and Truth could go off about how Jeff runs wild since it's "daddy's company".

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Not me.

I didn't want him on my TV either.

Simply incredible.

he gets more of a reaction from the 1000 people than Brock does from 10X as many people.

The REAL next big thing has arrived.

Guest Zack Malibu

Haha, good thinking Tony. Didn't even see your post until mine was done.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That makes sense...and I'd be down for a JJ vs. Truth feud.

Especially if JJ was the champ at the time.

Does anyone else REALLY REALLY want a JJ vs. Jerry Lynn match?

I was reading someone's recap and they made mention of how great that would be...and now I want it too.

Guest Tony149

LOL. Me & you think alike, Zack.

J.J. vs. The Truth or J.J. vs. Lynn would rock.

However, I really want to see Steamboat vs. J.J.

Yeah, Ricky is older. But I truely belive he could work a good match with Jarrett.

J.J. can work an old school or WWE style match. Plus, he knows how to blend the two together.

If J.J. ever wrestled Steamboat...it would probably be a "Bunkhouse Brawl" to cover up any of Steamboat's weakness.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I'd like to see The Truth win it this week. My opinion is that this guy came in and no one expected nothing more than a WWE retread. He busted ass in the ring and on the mic and deserves to be rewarded for that. Give him the belt, let him run with it. Imagine how much crap he can talk with the heavyweight title around his waist. He could piss off heels, faces, everyone. Run with the "Me against the world" angle and let me friggin mark out!

And down the line, I want to see some of these X Division guys wrestling for the heavyweight title. I want to see Lynn, Styles and Low-Ki wrestling for the belt.

Lastly, put Shark Boy on tv. I loved him in WWA and think he is more than just a gimmick. He can wrestle and hold his own with the X Division guys.

Guest Slapnuts00

I think there's a good chance that Truth will win the title. Shamrock has failed and needs a new direction, and they can rub it into the WWF even more that they're making Killings a star. Being that this is Russo booking, I can see "Them" being not who we think (in other words not "white people" per say) but someone or something else that he's swerving us with. We'll see though. As for first black NWA champ, Ron Simmons was champ in 92...but I guess it was the WCW title at that point.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Hmm. Tough call.

Truth getting the belt would be truly great...but it might be better to have him get screwed over to keep his "they're holding me down" routine fresh for another month or so.

The problem with that, though, is that Shamrock hasn't looked very impressive so far. His defenses against Omori and Sabu ended without decisions thanks to Malice...and I think the short term programs need to get wrapped up before the Truth gets that belt.

Truth is awesome on the mic, has made himself a name, but he's got Monty Brown to deal with. How I'd finish it...well, first off, Malice takes Don Harris apart next week. Jarrett or Apolo win, it doesn't really matter...perhaps Apolo, since he has issues with Malice already. We hit the main event, and we keep it pretty clean--Truth and Shamrock wrestling their asses off, a lot of near-falls, Truth kicking out of everything Shamrock's got, and then finally Shamrock getting the win.

For the week after...we set up Malice and Jarrett/Apolo vs. Shamrock for the world title, so Shamrock can beat them both and kinda end the "Malice is in my way" stuff...and meanwhile, good ol' Alpha Male Monty Brown calls out Truth to rip into him about blowing his chance when "They" gave it to him. We get some brawl action, and within a couple weeks, Truth has completed the feud with Monty Brown victoriously, Shamrock has bested a few challengers...and then Truth actually WINS a second world title shot, maybe against someone like Jarrett or Hall if they're really serious about pushing him.

And then, after everyone's been built up...Truth wins the belt. I think it could work if they pass it off to him now, but giving some actual in-ring cred to Shamrock and Truth before it all goes down could be helpful.

Guest TheDames7
Not me.

I didn't want him on my TV either.

Simply incredible.

Could you imagine who else we've been wrong about???

I'm all for The Truth winning the title, but I don't think it'll happen just yet. With NWA:TNA trying to rebuild all of the damage done by Jay Hassman, they still need a champion with name recognition in the meantime. For those who haven't been watching the shows, you tell them that K-Krush is their champ and they'll just laugh it off.

I definitely see Truth being screwed out of the title, either by Steamboat, JJ, Hall or Monty Brown. Should be a great match to watch though.....for once, I like not knowing whats going to happen.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

JJ screwing him could certainly end up in a nice Truth/JJ feud over the belt (since JJ will be the one to take the strap if Krush doesnt)

It would work well into the "Them" storyline.

I don't think that "Them" is a racist angle anymore...I think its an anti-establishment angle.

GOOD LORD THE TRUTH RULES!!!!!

oh...and I'm sure there are a good number of people the WWE has wasted that have far more talent and ability...

But I think we'd be hard pressed to find one they did so poorly with (The rapping tag team partner of a by then unover drug addict in the lower midcard?) then released...who happens to have more natural charisma then almost the ENTIRE roster.

Guest goodhelmet

first off dames, yu don't tell people k-krush is the champion, you tell people the truth is the champion. it's all in th perception and if you're trying to promote the product, don't allow people to get a negative perception.

second, i say get the title off of shamrock now. from all report as, the x-guys have been running circles around shamrock and the upper card and maybe truth is what's needed to get the focus back to the world title.

i still don't see why jj even has to be in contention for the world title. as long as the perception is it's his company, i don't thin kthe company has a shot in hell. i think his name has more negative connotations than the k-krush name. when i think jeff jarrett, i think...boring.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think Jeff Jarrett...I think quality worker.

Not great worker...but quality.

I've always liked JJ...in fact...he's always been one of my favorites.

Guest goodhelmet

see bps, i disagree. when i think jeff jarrett, i think of only one quality match... vs. hbk. that's it. i've never seen another great match from him. some entertaining matches for sure but not great.

he's one of the reasons i haven't actively seeked out the shows. i don't want to watch jeff jarrett. when i was missing wcw with regularity at the end of its run, i didn't care. mainly because i associated the company with jeff jarrett.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

JJ was the only thing I liked about WCW at that point.

Look at that...we're polar opposites

Guest TheDames7
first off dames, yu don't tell people k-krush is the champion, you tell people the truth is the champion. it's all in th perception and if you're trying to promote the product, don't allow people to get a negative perception.

Well, if you say to someone "Yeah, their champion is a guy named The Truth", they'll say "Who? Has he ever wrestled anywhere else?" "Yeah, he was K-Krush". Then what?

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Then you say...it could be worse...

it could be Brock Lesnar

Guest goodhelmet

Well, if you say to someone "Yeah, their champion is a guy named The Truth", they'll say "Who? Has he ever wrestled anywhere else?" "Yeah, he was K-Krush". Then what?

Dames

no, you say he is this exciting NEW wrestler that you just have to watch. hell, the fed refueses to acknowledge history with every show. why should you, the promoter or encourager(?) want to point to past failings? you don't! you hype the here and now.

and agreed on all points on the brock lesnar comment bps.

Guest TheDames7

Calling him a new wrestler would be pretty much lying to any fan that's seen him before, as he looks exactly the same.

Now, if I had said that about Malice, thats different. I didn't even recognize his ass until it was blantantly stated that he was The Wall.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I still don't recognize him.

If someone says..."I saw that guy in the WWF...he was lame"

you say..."well...the WWF FUCKED UP"

And that's THE TRUTH...

get it?

The Truth?

get it?

Guest goodhelmet

i still disagree. when diesel arrived in the wwf, they didn't mention he was the great and powerful oz or vinnie vegas. they used him as hbk's bodygaurd and then gave him the monster push. not once did they mention his past and it didn't exactly hurt him.

i don't recall the ringmaster being brought up too many times when the fed was trying to promote austin as stone cold either.

you don't have to acknowledge him as k-krush. you acknowledge him as the truth!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...I'm a firm beleiver that you can sell anything to someone face to face.

So this comes down to the smark community more than anything else.

And I think that's where Truth's greatest strength actually lies.

All you need to do is look at TNA reviews on the net...and whether they are good or bad they all say the same thing about him.

Absolutely Incredible.

Guest ShooterJay

I had a pretty interesting thought.

How about having the Truth win the belt, but have somebody else step up as a challenger immediately, and go the Dean Douglas/Razor Ramon route with the challenger winning the belt from him. Truth could then go on a diatribe about "them" not wanting him to represent the promotion.

The only problem is that aside from Shamrock, there are no main event faces other than Hall, and he's too much of a risk. Maybe Low-Ki, but there might not be too many guys who would work with them.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That would be a pretty cool angle...if Truth won the belt then they IMMEDIATLY made him defend against someone fresh.

Man...I just don't know which way I want them to go.

but the mark in me is rooting for a Truth title win all the way.

Guest Jobber of the Week

First of all, I don't think it would be wise to give JJ the belt. Especially right now. Tell anyone who's aware of the fed that Jeff Jarrett is the champ, and people will scream nepotism. Look at the reaction WWE & Stephanie is getting in the GM angle, even though it's been a decent direction so far.

However, I think if TNA really takes off and they hold a BIG ppv (by their standards anyway, but I mean big matches and a higher buy price associated with it) that Truth (as NWA Champion) vs Styles (as X Division Champion, although I won't be suprised if he loses and regains it at some point) in a Champ vs Champ match is quite possible gold.

Neither guy would work as well in the other's territory so there would need to be an angle around it instead of putting a title on the line, however I'm sure Russo can think of something complicated enough to build around it.