Guest Zero_Cool Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 What about...is it a Canadian Backbreaker when the guy picks another up for a powerbomb, but instead of slamming him back down, he repeatedly drops the lower back into his shoulder? That would look credible if you ask me.
Guest wwF1587 Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 As sad as the rating is, and despite Iowa not having UPN ( i feel that ... pain I guess), and the preempted crap, that is..... One of the funniest things I have ever heard! HA! It does sure the serve WWeeeeeeee right, Hogan/Brock, hell I wouldn't watch taht crap. Lesner Is The NEXT Big Failure! He is not over, and when RAW comes to Iowa on September 9th, HE STILL WILL NOT BE OVER! Hogan is useless. Yeah the WWE will use the preemptive excuse, but somewhere deep down they gotta know that if Brock still cant get over by facin hogan, somethin is wrong. Hogan himself is pretty useless. Please kill the roster split after Summerslam. Its failed, Lesner failed, and its ALL JERICHOS FAULT!!!!!
Guest nWoScorpion Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Why do you have hogan as your avatar if you are bashing him?
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 The fact is.. Many people probably just turned the TV off when Lesnar/Hogan and the Hossamania segment came on earlier. I know we did at this house.
Guest LesnarLunatic Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 "Many people probably just turned the TV off when Lesnar/Hogan and the Hossamania segment came on earlier. I know we did at this house." and of course, that represents everybody. Do we have a breakdown of ratings by half hours or anything?
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 I didn't say it represented everybody, LL. I just know I'm not alone in this. *points at rating*
Guest AndrewTS Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 OMG AndrewTS...best sig picture ever. Ain't it? Heheheh...thanks. A friend of mine drew it, and I asked him to let me use it. Oh...and while a Canadian Backbreaker would have worked--just like the Rack worked well for Luger--it would have helped if Hogan had had his back pounded on during the match and if...you know...THEY BUILT TO the finish. It came out of nowhere, and to the Finisher of Choice of the Untalented (See Henry, Mark or Arcidi, Ted). I know Hogan has a history of back problems, so although I'd love to have seen Brock throw in a b****in' move like a tilt a whirl backbreaker to look like he was absolutely killing Hogan, there are about a zillion better holds to end it with. The Canadian Backbreaker, a Torture Rack, that could be comboed to an F5, a bow and arrow...SOMETHING else besides a bearhug. And Hogan should have been worn down and sold the injury--the way it just HAPPENED sucked any reaction out of the crowd. Oh well...pre-empt or no, the Brock Experiment shall go on, undeterred. Mark Henry and the Kish shall continue to stink up the opening matches. May the Lord have mercy on our souls... Oh well...at least we got a couple decent matches in between the the two slices of crap, and a nice olive in Cena-Angle (although a lot of people hate Cena--zero character so far, unless you count the bad jokes).
Guest The Man in Blak Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 yeah, what worries me is that whilst there were a few good matches the ratings will cause the wwe to panic and drastically change everything. STOP THE BEARHUGS! If brock had used ANY other submission hold in the world he might have a chance. I think it's SSP time. Actually, I imagine that they'll just lay blame upon the pre-empted markets and go along with the Brock push as though nothing happened. They'll think NY and LA could easily comprise 500,000+ viewers and continue as though there was nothing wrong with the hideous opening segments and Brock in the main event. Personally...the Lesnar push is almost to the point where it's exposing the business. And I really wish the WWE had "earned" this rating without the pre-empted markets.
Guest Downhome Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 If Brock needs a submission, I can picture him doing a hell of a Dragon Sleeper.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 SD! Got an abysmal rating in Philly because the last three weeks were pre-empted in favor of baseball. So is next week's show.
Guest NoCalMike Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Sadly I am afraid Vince is under the mentality of, "Hey now, I like Brock a lot, therefore who cares if he works out now, as long as I can shove him down the fans throats, maybe in 6-8 months those idiot fans will come around and see the exellence in him"
Guest AndrewTS Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Sadly I am afraid Vince is under the mentality of, "Hey now, I like Brock a lot, therefore who cares if he works out now, as long as I can shove him down the fans throats, maybe in 6-8 months those idiot fans will come around and see the exellence in him" See also Levesque, Paul. So I expect Brock to continue to kill all the major faces, then beat Jericho in a PPV match...then again, and then retire Chris Jericho in a HIAC. Vince will then hire someone to play his long lost daughter, who Brock will marry after drugging her up, only to find out it was a SWERVE all along to marry into the family.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 I just hope the WWE doesn't overreact and pull the plug on the dueling GM's angle which has produced some really great TV.
Guest Austin3164life Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Vince McMahon is an idiot. He brings in the rating killers, the NWOld, pushed Hogan and milks some minor ratings out of him, pushed a heatless and very green Brock Lesnar to the Sun and further, puts Steve Austin (a guy who people go to see) in some of the worst storylines we've seen, hotshots the WWE World Title to the Rock for NO reason, and finally doesn't push RVD, Angle, or Jericho (3 guys who are the next generation in wrestling). Not to mention that Vince and the WWE have ruined their past two weeks of good television, to give us a highly boring Raw, and a heatless Smackdown. Way to go, Vince. Entrepreneur of the year right there. 2002 is shaping up to be 1995, with this 2.7 rating (pre-empted or not).
Guest Olympic Slam Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Regardless of whether or not Smackdown wasn't shown in some areas, they hyped Hogan vs. Lesnar for a full week! The blame definietly should fall on their shoulders as the product has been solid ever since the GM angle began. What does this mean for Brock's push? I'm guessing it wont change much as the WWE is commited to pushing Goldber......I mean Brock to the moon and back. I don't have a problem with Brock main eventing Summerslam as it's cool to see something DIFFERENT in a major main event. However, I'm righteously opposed to Brock coming out of Summerslam with the belt. They should be using SS as a testing ground to see just how over Brock is, not as a launching pad for a blind title run. Hopefully Rock will retain and drop the belt on a later show to HHH or Angle before he reverts back to Hollywood Johnson.
Guest deadbeater Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 WWE style sucks right now. If you are doing a storytelling style without good stories to tell, not even Shelley Duval and Patrick Stewart can save you.
Guest Brian Posted August 10, 2002 Report Posted August 10, 2002 Those markets makle up 11% of the totals though.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now