Jump to content

Rey's Moves


Recommended Posts

Guest massivHEDtrauma
Posted

Why the hell is his kick between the ropes called the 619?

 

And did anyone else hear them call the 'rana from the apron the "West Coast Pop?" Cripes, doesn't that SUCK?!

Guest Insane Bump Machine
Posted

619 is the area code for his hometown San Diego. It means that he's "going home". He explained it when he was on Byte This a few weeks ago.

 

And yes, West Coast Pop sucks donkey balls.

Guest massivHEDtrauma
Posted

Seriously, I bet it took all of half a minute to think up "West Coast Pop." It just sounds so...generic. Like it should be Randy Orton's finisher or something.

Guest Ash Ketchum
Posted

So, if i did the 619, could I call it the 586?

Guest Austin3164life
Posted

The 619 is a pretty hot move. West Coast Pop is probably one of the lamest names you can give a move like that. Whoever decided to say that is a complete idiot. This reeks of Michael Cole's handywork.

Guest Incandenza
Posted

Instead of West Coast Pop, they could call it the Rey-a-curana!

 

::waits for thunderous approval, gets crickets instead::

Guest Lord of The Curry
Posted

How about "springboard hurricanrana"? What a nutty concept that would be! Calling a move by it's actual name! I'll take "springboard hurricanrana" over "West Coast Pop" any fuckin day.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Posted

I'd take Frankenstiener over West Coast Pop

Guest Flyboy
Posted
How about "springboard hurricanrana"? What a nutty concept that would be! Calling a move by it's actual name! I'll take "springboard hurricanrana" over "West Coast Pop" any fuckin day.

So would I, Curry... so would I. <_<

Guest massivHEDtrauma
Posted

It pisses me off that they're even naming his moves at all (aside from what they really are called, I mean). The cool thing about Rey was that he didn't necessarily have a finisher, he would just pull random pins out of nowhere - sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't, but it was dramatic. Now you just know he'll be hitting this "West Coast Pop" every fucking match because the WWE needs to market a finisher for EVERYBODY.

Guest the 1inch punch
Posted
because the WWE needs to market a finisher for EVERYBODY.

So what the fuck is the finisher for

 

-batista

-randy orton

-shannon moore

-rob conway

 

 

 

i could go on and on

Guest LaParkaMarka
Posted

I think the 619 is cool actually. And it's nice that they're establishing a unique offense that is "trademark" to Ron now. I don't really like the springboard hurricanrana as a finisher, but hey, doesn't hurt to give it a name that is 3 syllables, making it easier for Cole to call and easier for the marks to remember. Three syllables is also a lot easier to chant than 7. I don't see the big deal about it being called the "West Coast Pop". Kinda lame, but eh, who cares given the push he's getting.

Guest razazteca
Posted

why must they use flashy names for moves, what is wrong with the technical term for the move? Why not use the tend of putting numbers in the moves? Like call the Hurricana to the outside.....Rey Rana 2002 or something like that?

Guest RickyChosyu
Posted
So what the fuck is the finisher for

 

-batista

-randy orton

-shannon moore

-rob conway

 

 

 

i could go on and on

Seeing as Conway and more have been essentially metal-only folk, I doubt they really count. Ortan was never really given a finisher, but then again, Ortan was never really given any wins, was he? General rule of thumb, everyone on Raw and Smackdown has a marketable finish.

 

And Bautista uses the spinebuster.

Guest The Czech Republic
Posted

Finishers are getting stupid. Come on, a spinebuster? I personally like reversals as match finishes. Seems like Flair won a lot of his matches by inside rollup rather than the figure-4.

Guest RickyChosyu
Posted
Finishers are getting stupid. Come on, a spinebuster? I personally like reversals as match finishes. Seems like Flair won a lot of his matches by inside rollup rather than the figure-4.

Yeah, but if they had just sent him out there without a credible finisher, then no one would have taken him seriously. The thing with Flair was that he knew multiple ways to win the match, and the Figure Four was just one of the weapons he could use to get the win. Finishers aren't always so much a way to end a match as a way to help tell a story. If you send out a wrestler who has no finisher, then you get someone like Randy Ortan, who only wins when someone is stupid enough to fall pray to his stupid Oklahoma Roll.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...