Guest DJ Jeff Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 So did Sanders work in OVW for a bit, or just WCW?
Guest AndrewTS Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 Andrew you for got Reno! Heh...I barely remembered Johnny the Bull. I think by the time Reno joined I wasn't really paying attention. However...we're talking WCW IN 2000! I'm not the only one who has forgotten--or at least tried.
Guest AndrewTS Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 So did Sanders work in OVW for a bit, or just WCW? No, he worked for WCW and HWA--Heartland Wrestling Association. It was a farm league for the WWE, but they just recently cut it loose.
Guest thebigjig Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 I don't think Mike Sanders has had any good matches, he is a good mic worker though. He had some good matches with other cruisers and such, but they weren't mind blowing... although I'm sure if given the chance, they could've been. Once he became WCW's commish, they stopped using him as an in ring talent except for on occassion. I could be wrong... God has it really been almost a year and a half since WCW's demise? Sometimes it seems like only yesterday, and sometimes it seems like double
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 I actually don't think Billy Gunn is that bad. All of the "Well, he had a bad match with Benoit! Fire his ass!" comments that are sure to come, I'll cheerfully ignore. I think he's great as a tag wrestler, and I can at least watch Billy and Chuck when they're paired with decent opponents. Can't say that about some people.
Guest KingOfOldSchool Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 As much as Mike Sanders was enjoyed by me for his mic skills, his release isn't causing marks to flee the WWE. Hell, I'd bet most of them have never heard of him anyways. Sanders wasn't gonna save the WWF or anything. He wasn't gonna ride down on a golden chariot and throw a lightning bolt at Triple H's quad. He wasn't gonna give the Creative Control a good, swift kick in the ass. He wasn't gonna bring the fans back in masses, if any fans at all. But his release was symbolic of plenty that's wrong with the WWF... It doesn't begin and end with Sanders, but it's just that his release is one of many moves that continue to build up... That's why I'M pissed about his release. They'd rather keep a lumps of poo like Godfather and Bull Buchanon under contract; because of seniority or being in good with Jim Ross (used as an example). They'd rather keep *obviously* not prepared talent like Linda and Jackie on the roster, instead of sending them down to OVW or releasing them to try their hand at the indy circuit and gain experience; all for the purpose of making the silly notion of TE right, and being stubborn when admitting that they made a wrong choice. Some would say that the release of Sanders was a business move. Well, where's the good business sense in keeping someone who's injury prone and hasn't produced anything in years, where's the business sense in keeping someone that no one, anywhere, cares about. Where's the business sense in keeping someone like Jackie, who still has a long ways to go, before she's not deemed a fuck-up in the ring. Sanders, isn't God, he has his faults, just like any wrestler. But like I said, it isn't just Sanders, it's everything wrong with the WWF... Sanders only embodies that. By the way, about the Sanders match search. There seems to be a match with Kwee-Wee (who I think is a good wrestler, but was always stuck with a bad gimmick), that's generally regarded as good. I don't know which date or event it's from, but I remember seeing a WCW Cruiserweight comp tape around that had that match on there. As for other stuff, the first thing that pops into my mind would be Diablo's Hotline server, but I don't know if he has anything Mike Sanders on it.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 I can't say I do, but if there's somebody out there who would cheerfully upload one.. (cheap plug) For those interested, please check the "Server Status" link below. New hours. I think the Sanders thing pisses people off, because he was one of WCW's brighter spots in the latter days of the company, and never got a shot in the WWE. Guys like him, Ron Waterman, and EZ Money(?), who were supposed to be pretty good, were outright released. A guy like Bull, who probably makes what those three did combined, and has one trick (He can jump on the turnbuckle and do a scissors kick), was kept, because of either a) He was a HOSS. B) Jim Ross apparently likes the guy. He shilled for him constantly when Bull was on TV, and in the Ross Report. or c) He's got height. Look at all the talent WWE's let slip through their grasp..not just guys they haven't signed, but guys they had under contract. TAKA Michinoku and Essa Rios..who were BOTH damned good cruiserweights, and could help flesh out the division now. But they were misused (TAKA was screwed around with, and jobbed off. Essa was good enough to get Lita over, and then punted out the door.) I know a lot of people here are pissed off about Cena getting a push, and Lesnar, Orton being on SD, etc. The fact is, 90% of us were screaming for the WWE to push new talent. They are. I think the problem is when a lot of guys said "New Talent", they didn't mean Cena, Orton, and Lesnar. They meant Benoit. I can't say I find anything offensive about the new guys. Cena's growing on me, and seems to be a decent worker. My problem with Lesnar stems from the fact he's getting a god-push too soon. I had problems with Kurt Angle getting the god-push, but I realized in time that he did have too much talent to waste in "paying dues". He has phenominal wrestling ability, and charisma. Two things Lesnar apparently dosen't. (If I ever see him -wrestle-, I'll take it back. Not until then.). While a lot of people may say Benoit should get the belt first, or Angle..I'm with the party that says RVD should. He's over, draws attention, and can wrestle decently. All of which should be the signs to wake Vince up and say "Hey! Here's your guy!" Nobody really cares about Lesnar. Granted, he's got a few marks, but the mass majority of people could care less. Giving the belt to Lesnar will just symbolize yet another thing wrong with the WWE. The WWE's got a lot of problems. Misuse of talent. Releasing good talent and keeping no-talent hacks. Not listening to their fans. We all know this. But will they ever change it?
Guest cynicalprofit Posted August 11, 2002 Report Posted August 11, 2002 My question is, why havent they fired Mark Henry yet? Serioulsy he, and im NEVER gonna forget this, FUCKED UP BEING IRISH WHIPPED INTO A CORNER, and he had a bad match(supposedly, i didnt see it) with Angle, if those two factors arent proof enough he needs to be fired, outside of god teling vince to do it, I dont know what will. I mean they really invested in the guy, money wise, for years, and he still hasnt drawn a dime, and hes got like a ten year contract, and they still keep him around, he must give great head or something.
Guest RicFlairGlory Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 While I'm dreaming, it would also be great if RVD got the big push and every episode of Raw wasn't Triple H: The Miniseries. Why the FUCK does every thread need a HHH and RVD reference god damnit!!!!
Guest LesnarLunatic Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 "My question is, why havent they fired Mark Henry yet?" Because of the 10 year contract he signed in 1996
Guest Will Scarlet Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 Because of the 10 year contract he signed in 1996 So that means 4 more years of Mark Henry....Damn.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 Didn't they sign Big Show to an eight year contract?
Guest Spaceman Spiff Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 This is a little late, but Johnny the Bull was *NOT* in the Nat. Born Thrillers. O'Haire Palumbo Stasiak Sanders Reno Jindrak
Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 This is a little late, but Johnny the Bull was *NOT* in the Nat. Born Thrillers. O'Haire Palumbo Stasiak Sanders Reno Jindrak ... Not like it matters, but Johnny the Bull was in the NBT, but only for a few weeks. I don't even remember the circumstances anymore, but... He was in there. Everyone else is correct, of course.
Guest Kid Kablam Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 As much as Mike Sanders was enjoyed by me for his mic skills, his release isn't causing marks to flee the WWE. Hell, I'd bet most of them have never heard of him anyways. Sanders wasn't gonna save the WWF or anything. He wasn't gonna ride down on a golden chariot and throw a lightning bolt at Triple H's quad. He wasn't gonna give the Creative Control a good, swift kick in the ass. He wasn't gonna bring the fans back in masses, if any fans at all. But his release was symbolic of plenty that's wrong with the WWF... It doesn't begin and end with Sanders, but it's just that his release is one of many moves that continue to build up... That's why I'M pissed about his release. They'd rather keep a lumps of poo like Godfather and Bull Buchanon under contract; because of seniority or being in good with Jim Ross (used as an example). They'd rather keep *obviously* not prepared talent like Linda and Jackie on the roster, instead of sending them down to OVW or releasing them to try their hand at the indy circuit and gain experience; all for the purpose of making the silly notion of TE right, and being stubborn when admitting that they made a wrong choice. Some would say that the release of Sanders was a business move. Well, where's the good business sense in keeping someone who's injury prone and hasn't produced anything in years, where's the business sense in keeping someone that no one, anywhere, cares about. Where's the business sense in keeping someone like Jackie, who still has a long ways to go, before she's not deemed a fuck-up in the ring. Sanders, isn't God, he has his faults, just like any wrestler. But like I said, it isn't just Sanders, it's everything wrong with the WWF... Sanders only embodies that. By the way, about the Sanders match search. There seems to be a match with Kwee-Wee (who I think is a good wrestler, but was always stuck with a bad gimmick), that's generally regarded as good. I don't know which date or event it's from, but I remember seeing a WCW Cruiserweight comp tape around that had that match on there. As for other stuff, the first thing that pops into my mind would be Diablo's Hotline server, but I don't know if he has anything Mike Sanders on it. Ya took the words right outta my mouth. Oh, and I actually did like Kwee Wee's whole Split Personality thing, but it probably just didn't make any sense to marks. Letting EZ Money go was F'in stupid. The guy could bump real well, and he had talent, and even some charisma. But of course we need to pay Mark Henry instead. Fuck whoever is responsible. I'm not gonna say Vince. I'm not gonna say Ross. And I'm not even gonna implicate Steph and HHH. I don't care who had the final word. It's the fault of a lot of people. All the people I've listed above probably hold a nice big slice of blame. But I can't narrow it down.
Guest The Czech Republic Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 Johnny the Bulljoined NBT twice I think but kept injuring himself. I don't, however, think he tore his quad.
Guest cynicalprofit Posted August 12, 2002 Report Posted August 12, 2002 Im pretty sure theres something in the contract saying that if you dont make us money, we dont have to keep paying you, vince isnt that dumb to lock himself intoa guy for a decade with NO proof that he can draw.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now