TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

DX Re-unification!

Hey, im new to this forum, so i thought this would be a good topic to start off with.

How does everyone feel about the DX (almost) Re-unification a few weeks ago.

If you ask me, it was another missed opportunity by the WWE. I mean how good would it have been if it actually happened. There are no good stables in the WWE so it would have solved that.

HHH could have reverted to his far better DX character,.

They could have split up Chuck and Billy (cos honestly does anyone like that tag team)

HBK could have had a role as a leader/manager meaning that he wouldnt come out of summerslam with nothing to do.

They could have even brought X-Pac back and given his life some meaning.

So what do you all think, i think if this had been done correctly, it could have fullfilled the prmise that the NWO didnt deliver (cos who wasnt excited at first at the thought of the NWO in the WWE?)

ChUnK!

Guest claydude14
Hey, im new to this forum, so i thought this would be a good topic to start off with.

never start with that. never

How does everyone feel about the DX (almost) Re-unification a few weeks ago.

If you ask me, it was another missed opportunity by the WWE. I mean how good would it have been if it actually happened. There are no good stables in the WWE so it would have solved that.

theres no need for stables. look at how the nWo turned out. stables worked in 97 when gang rulz had a place, but not today certainly.

HHH could have reverted to his far better DX character,.

They could have split up Chuck and Billy (cos honestly does anyone like that tag team)

HBK could have had a role as a leader/manager meaning that he wouldnt come out of summerslam with nothing to do.

They could have even brought X-Pac back and given his life some meaning

HHH's DX character has been dead for 3 years, and is super outdated. and why go back to that when he can go back to being the sadistic sum bitch with sledgehammer (and no im not talking the smackdown! where he destroyed the set)

billy and chuck are a fine tag team, albeit they need to be on RAW

HBK shouldnt even be on my TV, although i mark out for him.

and let me get this strait, you WANT xpac back?

So what do you all think, i think if this had been done correctly, it could have fullfilled the prmise that the NWO didnt deliver (cos who wasnt excited at first at the thought of the NWO in the WWE?)

dx was an antics group, nwo was a take over group. dx could never deliver what the nwo was supposed to, seeing as the nwo couldnt deliver what the nwo was supposed to.

and i think you need to go post at the 1wrestling boards or something. this forum clearly is called SMART marks.

edit: bah gawd why arent my quotes working.

edit 2: there go

Guest RickyChosyu

Basically, Hunter's DX character was nothing more than midcard material, and the dick and fart jokes would probably get REALLY annoying REALLY fast. Plus, with Team Candada on Raw, there's no need for another stable.

HHH's heel character is far more lucrative. As a main eventer, it's really the only thing that works for him. Michaels is doing the one match back, but I don't think he really has a place in wrestling anymore, manager or not. He's not a strong talker, he can't bump, and most people don't care about him.

DX is one of those stables that should be left for nostalgia get-togethers and nothing more (similiar to the one they did in late 2000 right before HHH's heel turn). It's had three different incarnations, and people really just don't care anymore, I think.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
DX sucked the first time. Why would we want them back?

Exactly.

And add my name to the Chuck & Billy Fan Club.

Guest Jobber of the Week
And add my name to the Chuck & Billy Fan Club.

I don't think that anyone who bitches about Hunter's dick jokes (which I know you haven't done, in this thread at least) should ever also make a statement like this. Chuckabilly is pretty much the same gag as "Hey look! We said penif a lot!"

Either that, or maybe the gimmick is losing it's touch. I know I was offended at first, and now I'm just tired of it.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Well, I liked Chuck in WCW, so that explains my liking the team. I was hesitant at first w/ teaming him w/ Bill Gunn, but they worked well together and were pretty amusing.

They've gotten away from the ghey stuff lately, and have been putting on some good matches w/ 3 Count, and actually have a double team finisher now, which is how the should have been booked when they were the champs, rather than solely as a comedy team.

Guest Olympic Slam

People seem to forget that DX died mercifully and unceremoniously last time. As I recall HHH just started ignoring X-Pac and Road Dogg in the storyline world like overnight. One week HHH was tagging with X-Pac the next week HHH's character had nothing to do with them. DX supposedly died in a curtain jerker "friendly competition" match between X-Pac and Road Dogg at Summerslam 2000 but the emergence of HHH feuding with Angle and HHH's later involvement in the Austin "car mystery" is what burried DX for good.

Why would anyone want to bring back a stable that was so stale that it had to be broken up with so little fanfare? Besides, HHH is too big of a star to be stuck in such a stable, he's moved far beyond the dick jokes.