TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

It's on Canada

Guest Vern Gagne

May the best team win Sunday. Either way the Gold and Silver won't be going overseas to those crummy Euros.

USA

USA

USA

Guest The Electrifyer

Just like in womens hockey, Canada will beat the USA.

Go Canada Go!

chalogo2.gif

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im and American, and I figure the Americans are going to have their collective rear ends handed to them on a silver (no pun intended) platter by Canada.  Yep...

Guest arejay

Canada takes this way more serious than we(US) do,  so I really don't care if they win. Now if Canada or Canadians started dominating basketball, football, or baseball, then I'd start to get nervous.

Guest Choken One

Well, Good for them maybe Canada can have solace in the fact they took home the HOCKEY GOLD MEDALwhen they choked the rest of the games. Seriously, Hockey and Pairs staking was all Canada had to offer this year. Kind of sad for such a domiant Winter country.

Guest gthureson

Canada has never been dominant in the Winter Olympics.  Ever.

We don't fund amateur sports.   On the other hand, I'll have to admit, the Canadian atheletes that go to the Olympics are damned dedicated, because they are likely working crappy full-time jobs and spending all their free time training just to make it there.

Guest treble charged
Well, Good for them maybe Canada can have solace in the fact they took home the HOCKEY GOLD MEDALwhen they choked the rest of the games. Seriously, Hockey and Pairs staking was all Canada had to offer this year. Kind of sad for such a domiant Winter country.

Looks like you spoke too soon.  We will end up with at least 17 medals this year, our best Games ever.  4 medals today (Saturday) all in Speed Skating (1 long track, 3 short track).  Not as good as the US, I know, but still, pretty damn good.

Guest AaronRock70
Geez...Its hockey...Not WW3.

To some of us, hockey is more important than WW3...

Guest AaronRock70
Geez...Its hockey...Not WW3.

To some of us, hockey is more important than WW3...

Guest Choken One

While 17 medals is quite good I guess but for a country that is predominatly WINTERY shouldn't you dominate more then a country (Germany) that really is not a wintery place. Maybe Germany is wintery but When I went 5 years ago...It was like 68 degrees in December.

Guest Brooding Genius

Just because most Americans don't give a shit about hockey and most Canadians couldn't live without it, doesn't mean I'm going to root for Team USA to roll over and play dead so that Canada will feel better about itself.

This is going to look a lot like the Super Bowl... Team Canada has the better players, but the USA has the better "team."

Go Team USA, Go.

Guest Vern Gagne

Sure the U.S. will forget in a week what happens Sunday. But if the United States beat Canada it will gnaw at the Canadians another 4 long years.

Guest redbaron51
While 17 medals is quite good I guess but for a country that is predominatly WINTERY shouldn't you dominate more then a country (Germany) that really is not a wintery place. Maybe Germany is wintery but When I went 5 years ago...It was like 68 degrees in December.

Actually Germany is a "wintery" country. But when you look at population:

USA has about: 285 million people

Germany: Over a 100 million people

and Canada: only 30 million people.

Canada is doing good sending out 128 athletes, meanwhile Germany and USA are sending twice or three times as much as Canada

Guest Brooding Genius

First off, redbaron, turn the boldface print off.

Secondly, I don't think that either the U.S. or German teams reached 200 total athletes, so the "twice or three times as many" comment is rather ludicrous.

Finally... Go USA, Go.

Guest starvenger

>Secondly, I don't think that either the U.S. or German teams reached 200 total athletes, so the "twice or three times as many" comment is rather ludicrous.

You're probably right about that.  But the REAL reason that Canada's medal count is impressive is the fact that our government barely gives them any funding, meaning they live off of like $1000 (CDN!) a month and probably work part time as well just to make ends meet.

This, of course, doesn't apply to hockey players, so that's all I'll say aboot that.  This is gonna be a helluva game.  GO CANADA!

Guest Choken One

You know the sad thing is? THIS IS A IMPORTANT AND HISTORICAL day for Canada...while to America, it's just another notch on the bedpost of success...When a HOCKEY game is important and overtakes your entire country...you know that country had issues.

Guest The Electrifyer

Booyah!! Canada wins!!! Whatcha gonna do when the red and white runs wild on you???!!!

Guest nickggilbert

canada basically cheated, because the referee was canadien and the rules state the referee must be from a diffrent nationality than the teams playing.

even with that said, it was a hell of a game and the USA has a damn good case for protest, even though they wont

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

All your hockey gold are belong to us!!!

great game...

Gary Bettman just jizzed in his undies...

almost makes me wanna start watching nhl regularly again..

OH CANADA!!!

Guest Lord of The Curry

Hmmmmmm.....

Well, you Yanks can bitch all ya want about this, but the simple fact is that you guys got ass-fucked on your home turf. Hearing O Canada sung in an American arena was so fucking sweet.

Theo Fleury for Prime Minister

P.S- It seemed like the American crowd outnumbered Canadians 2 to 1 but O Canada seemed damned loud. Just goes to show ya that when we want to we can out-Patriotize the U.S

Guest nickggilbert

i guess what i was trying to say is that the whole thing would be easier to stomach if it was , ya know, fair. i mean, get another referree to do the game or something. if the US won and there was a US referree doing the game, there is a guarentee of a protest

Guest Choken One

ohhh, You won a hockey game...Not a War. Trust me...With America's stubbordness and Marketing...NO ONE OUT PATRIOTIZES US! We're shameless yodels.

Guest redbaron51

First of all I will type in bold because I feel like it.

Second.

As a Czech hockey fan (yes we know, no medal) that game was equally game with fair calls. If we wanted a biased game just look at the women's gold medal game or the Czech Russian game.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
i guess what i was trying to say is that the whole thing would be easier to stomach if it was , ya know, fair. i mean, get another referree to do the game or something. if the US won and there was a US referree doing the game, there is a guarentee of a protest

i have to wonder. how did you feel about you american referee calling bullshit penalty after bullshit penalty during the womens gold medal game.

maybe you should bitch that there werent enough penalties called in *that* game. then the american girls might have had a chance to win that one to.

but probably not.

Go home, regroup and lets hope they do it again in italy in 4 years.

Guest nickggilbert

i'm going to agree a us ref shouldn;t have referred the womens gold medal game either. i want the games to be fair, and that means IMPARTIAL referees, even if the ref in todays game was impartial, he was a citizen of one of the 2 countrys in the game, so he shouldn;t have refed it. it's the only fair thing to do, no?