TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Ed Ferrara Is Gone

Guest BoboBrazil

Ed Ferrara is leaving the NWA-TNA: Total Nonstop Action announce team to pursue other interests.

"I wish everyone at NWA-TNA the best of luck. I've got a lot of friends in the organization and I hope things take off and that the company goes through the roof. I wish everyone involved with TNA continued success," said Ferrara.

We thank Ed Ferrara for his help in launching our promotion and wish him the very best of luck in the future.

nwatna.com

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Does anyone know if he had any hand in writing, booking or giving ideas, or was he strictly an announcer?

Guest Zack Malibu

Hmm. Weird that he's leaving just after they stated they wanted to reorganize the announcers for the show.

Guest FeArHaVoC

That sucks. I wasn't really a fan too much of his announcing, but the Spears were funny as Hell.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I vote Russo had something to do with this.

Russo and Ferrara don't like each other...and Ferrara probably couldn't stand working with him.

I have a hard time beleiving that Ferrara has other interests to pursue.

Guest J*ingus

Hmmm, with a 1 and 1/2 announce team like they've got now, they'll probably need annother announcer.

And I'm a color commentator, and I've worked on some local TV shows in Nashville, and I know one or two people who work for the company in the office...

::Jingus starts jumping up and down::

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Good. I really couldn't stand the guy. Yes, Don West is an annoying somewhat senile middle aged man, but, he really genuinly seems to love what he's seeing and I like to have that in a commentator. He sucks at EVERYTHING but he's having a good time and it adds a little for me for whatever reason.

Ferrara on the other hand...oof. Maybe the most painfully dull color commentator ever.

In any case, as long as they keep Mike Tenay as the lead man, I'll be happy. I am SHOCKED by how well he's doing his job. He's excellent.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I didn't think Ferrara was too bad as a color commentator and in fact I felt he was coming into his own as one. That said, NWA TNA needs to have a heel at the announce desk so I'm interested to see who will replace him. Hopefully they won't leave it as Tenay and West.

Guest Tony149

I could see them adding the Disco Inferno to the annoucing team. Especially if they drop the Jive Talk segments.

Guest converge241

im reminded of a Meatmen song (slightly modified):

one down one to go

one down one to go

one down one to go

Guest Blue Bacchus

Just think they could bring in Stevie Ray to do color ::ducks chair::

Don West is a shilling machine who hasn't adjusted yet and Ed was a laid back heel color guy who played the part fine. I never had a problem with their annouce team. Sucks about Ed leaving though.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

West wasn't bad as the color man after Ferrara left for the second half of the show 2 weeks ago.

Actually...I thought he was pretty good for his first time.

The problem is he's not a heel.

Maybe Russo will turn him.

Guest converge241

west is good if theres any joe blows ordering this..to get the common man interested

Guest Jobber of the Week

Why does there have to be a heel announcer? Why can't announcers just do what they do, and announce? Why does there have to be an annoying guy who sides with the heel no matter who he is or what he does? It's become so cliched.

I'd rather see guys who are just calling the action and putting both guys over and shutting up during promos. This could also make TNA different in presentation from WWE, since you don't have a guy talking every two seconds.

Guest Vyce

At this point I'd say this is the PERFECT opening for Mike Sanders to step in.

But then, I'm pretty sure Mike has a few more weeks left on his contract. Unless it's been bought out and we haven't heard about it.

Guest Dangerous A

Does this mean that Ferrara can take Lawler's place on Raw?

Please, Vince. Do this one thing for me. I'm beggin ya.

Oh, BTW, FUCK JERRY LAWLER!!! FERRARA WAS 10 TIMES BETTER!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Now that you mention Sanders...

I wonder if he just has a no compete clause...

remember...Flair returned to WCW TV before he could compete for them...so he didn't compete (A Flair for the gold)

I wonder if this is the same way.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

For whatever reason, I bet the WWE has locked people up A LOT better now. I'm sure Mike would be sued into the ground if he was even mentioned on the show. Or maybe not, who knows??

I like the idea of killing, slaughtering, maiming and then crucifying the corpse of Jive Talking and letting Disco try some commentary. He's always been decent at it. As long as they keep Tenay, I'm good to go.

Who ever knew there would be a day when I considered Mike Tenay a great commentator?