TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pinkslut

does the "razor edge" annoy anyone else?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Obligatory RVD take:

RVD takes moves like a champ.

He takes a great DDT...a great Stunner...and when he took the pedigree at the Rumble, I thought he was dead.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The stunner looks weird because he takes it like it would hurt.  

He goes all into it and makes the move look like his neck had to break.

I can't get enough DDT's on RVD.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

i love the raor's edge it's probaly my fav finisher. nash does the powerbomb as lazily as possible, it's pathetic.

Guest Boring_Liferik

I agree on Rocky's selling of the Stunner, completley overblown. On a side note, i didn't really notice how he finished the Edge, i was just shocked that he got the man up there as easily as he did. At one point he was struggling to get friggin Benoit up in it, he hoisted Rocky up fairly easy.

Guest TheDames7

Choken One, how did DLo take the stunner, I don't remember.  

Angle's "falling tree" sell of the stunner is beautiful.  I hated it when he would just drop to one knee the first few times he took it.  

The Rock takes the AngleSlam better than anyone I've seen actually.  I want to see Val Venis take it because of the way he sells his back.  

RVD takes GREAT DDT's and so does Val actually.  RVD sells neckbreakers and powerbombs great too.  

Perfect taking the Stunner would be awesome.  

I think Shane McMahon's Spit take sell of the stunner is the best, personally.  Vince's first ever stunner at MSG, before he was Evil Vince initially was pretty cool, when he was twitching and all that.  Then again, its been years since I've seen that.  

Oh yeah, The Rock's selling of the Razor's Edge was pretty good.  I was also surprised at Hall's ability to lift him up there so easily and hold him perfectly still.  

Dames

Guest Choken One

Basically, He would take the stunner and SPRING into the air about 15 feet and land on the other side of the ring.

Guest TheDames7

It's funny....Perfect would do 2 and a half flips off an irish whip into the turnbuckle...

When he was in his over selling prime, my friends in school would say to me that he was proof that wrestling is fake, because of his selling.

Dames

Guest gofez

You want to talk about a bad move, have you ever seen the rock put on a sharpshooter?  just brutal.

Guest goodhelmet

"You want to talk about a bad move, have you ever seen the rock put on a sharpshooter?  just brutal."

It's true. It's damn true!

On the Stunner, it really bothered me that everyone bounced up after taking the Stunner at the Rumble. for years, the move was the best finisher around, then all of a sudden, you can automatically spring up for thirty seconds? doesn't make sense to me.

As for the Razor's Edge, I've always liked the move but I think that Hall's moveset leading up to it are pathetic. H should be working the neck and the shoulders the whole time. In stead we get abdominal stretches, a weak chokeslam, and other mediocre offense. As for the finisher, I have no complaints.

Guest Dace59

A crucifix powerbomb whip is very hard to make look good or get anyforce behind.

The sitout version (Slpash Mountain/Black Tiger Bomb) is much better, along with the Avalanche version.

The Avalanche Razor's Edge looks really, really crap.

I always liked Whipwrecks Whippersnapper over the stunner, just seemed stiffer.

You should see RVD take a piledriver, he nearlly took Dreamer's head off, bouncing back up after Dreamer piledrover him once.

Guest InigoMontoya

Talk about double standards.

Everyone here seems to praise guys on their psychology and their selling... if they like the person.

In another post we had someone wetting themselves over HBK shuffling as if he was going to hit the sweet chin music, saying it was beautiful psychology (something to do with a past ref match where he hit it on Rock.). Then in this one we have people crying because Nash doesn't slam his opponent when hitting the Jacknife, he just lets them fall.

That is the psychology of the move. Nash is seven feet tall, the idea is that the guys taking the move get hurt enough from falling from such a height. Also, the move looks more dangerous then most in the WWF, because when he drops them, their head is closer to the ground then their back, giving the illusion that they will land REALLY awkwardly.

The way he does the move suits his gimmick aswell; laid back, casual etc. (which is good for him as he doesn't have to work to hard.) and slamming them with heaps of force would probably look unatural compared to the rest of his moveset. Maybe it's just because he's lazy that the rest of his moveset is like that, but I'm on the defence.

Then we have people complaining about the way Rock sells the stunner. Although I do think he oversells, and makes it look a little cartoonish as someone said. So does the "old man flop" we get from Ricky baby, and everyone calls him the best, partly due to his overselling. How would Rick take a stunner? Even if he does take it way more realistic, my point still stands. He takes (took) the Diamond cutter like a DDT! What more do I need to say?

Oh and the Razor's edge looks sweet. I saw him do one on Lash Leroux, and he landed pretty uncomfortably. Lash is smaller and all, but that is a good enough reason for me. The fact he could do it on Rock is good enough for me.

Did you want him to injure the Rock on his return? He probably knows how closely he is being watched, and injuring Rock in his second few minutes of wrestling wouldn't be the best way to make an impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to talk Rocky into taking the move in the first place. With the small amount of moves WWF guys can get away with, I wouldn't be surprised if the suits told him to tone it down a little either.

Guest R2DFooster McSockman

Angle sells the stunner brilliantly, but Kanyon sells it the best. For those who can't remember, he does a backflip like the Rock, except much more natural looking. Probably due to the fact that he didn't use his hands to propel himself three feet into the air.

The first time Rock was gored, I thought it looked good, but every time after that it looked as cartoonish as his stunner sell.

Guest WWF4Life

The Razor's Edge is easily one of the best finishing moves in the WWF. Also, I thought the powerbomb that Nash delivered to The Rock on Raw was quite good actually. As far as people selling the Stunner is concerned, I thought Jericho sold it really well at No Way Out. 'Taker probably sells it the worst, since he goes goes down on one knee. At least Rock tries to put over other people's moves...regardless of how he sells them. =)

Guest the 1inch punch

Funny story about why I love the move,

I was about nine years old when Ramon debuted, after WEEKS of skits (the one in the restaurant had me crackin up),

his debuted was the first time I'd ever seen anything like the Backdrop Superplex, which I thought was the finish

Then I saw the Razor's Edge

Markout Baby

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I can tell you how Hall and Nash sell it:

Hall kind of falls to the side after getting hit with it and falls down that way.

Nash is so tall and lazy that when Austin hit him with it he didn't drop to hi knees...he just bent over and then did  a SLOW angle like back flop, straight back.

Neither was that impressive looking...but Hall's looked more natural.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I found nothing wrong with the Razor's Edge on RAW. I think it looked good considering he wasn't really trying to kill the Rock by dropping him on his head. You guys need to stop chastizing Kevin Nash for his powerbomb. It looks like he doesn't put the snap on it at the end so that he doesn't hurt anybody with it. I imagine it would be easier to use gravity to slam the guy down hard, but the idea of pro wrestling is to make the move look good without injuring the guy.

As for the Rock's selling of the stunner, I think it worked best as a heel. I think overselling is something that is most effective when done by a heel. It looks silly when done by a face.

Guest oldschoolhero

Man, what DOES it take to please you guys? Everything has to be EXACTLY right for it to get ANY praise at all. Here's a fact for you to deal with. No marketing in the world, no amount of force that the WWF can push someone with, will make, say, Chris Benoit bigger, more popular and more charismatic than The Rock. And The Rock can wrestle. Just because he doesn't wreslte the way YOU like it, just because he doesn't throw in an ~ULTRA-RUDO~ Okie Blow every now and then, he sucks. BULLSHIT. The Rock is more befitting of just what professional wrestling is about. It's not about honour, workrate, and all the other buzz-words smarks use; it's about entertaining the masses and putting on gripping exciting matches that can be grasped without seeing every match beforehand and understanding each wrestler's psychology.

No wonder os many of you guys hate the figurheads of wrestling; you're watching it completely out of context.

Damn, it feels GOOD to vent sometimes.

Guest TheDames7
Funny story about why I love the move,

I was about nine years old when Ramon debuted, after WEEKS of skits (the one in the restaurant had me crackin up),

his debuted was the first time I'd ever seen anything like the Backdrop Superplex, which I thought was the finish

Then I saw the Razor's Edge

Markout Baby

I still remember the skit where this girl told him off, he brushed it off and looked right at the camera and said "Ju see her meng, I scar her heart for life meng."  I marked out.  

First time I saw the move, I was thinking the same thing.  Heenan actually said this...."is it a piledriver.....a powebomb.....OHHHHH!!!!! What was that!?"

Dames