TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Has there ever been a moment where you...

Guest NazMistry

It's funny cos opposite to most people, whenever my dad watches RAW, it's always a good show.

I've lost count of how many times I have had arguments with my friends about how wrestling isn't about the violence and how it's about evoking an emotion in the fans.

All they can say is the fighting is fake.

I point out how Blade and films like that are fake, and all they can say is 'So? Wrestling sucks!'.

And at that point I get pissed and completely lay into them for being obsessed with CounterStrike, which I also like, and is quite good fun, but they love it so I have to rip it to make a point.

Guest Nevermortal
I was very ashamed when the Pat Patterson and Gerald Briso evening gown match and pretty much most of there disguiting antics like when Patterson had that underwear with the stain and was stinkfacing Rikishi.

The evening gown match was pure shit.

But the skidmark stinkface was fucking funny.

Guest dreamer420

I have also given up on arguing with people who only believe that wrestling is crap. There are these two girls that hang out at my apartment and they are clearly not the biggest wrestling fans but I get seriously annoyed when they sit there during raw and smackdown and pick every match apart. I always end up telling them to shut up or stop watching. People who don't give wrestling a chance, but take every chance they get to bad mouth it are my biggest pet peeves.

Guest JMTapes

Hogan: Let's lay the smack down on his cripple ass!

Let's lay the smack down on his cripple ass!

My Dad walked in RIGHT AT THE START AND LEFT RIGHT WHEN HE STOPPED.

Guest Youth N Asia

When he tried to kill Rocky with the simi

He must have repeated himself half a dozen times...it was annoying

Guest dreamer420

ahh, I remember that now. It wasn't that bad.

Hogan stalling the Taker's bike and also getting dragged behind it was pretty damn bad.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"Hogan stalling the Taker's bike"

That was my favorite WWE moment so far this year!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Hogan: "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

I want to be dragged on Undertaker's bike. Looked like fun.

And I was FEELING Hogan's helmet. I don't know why, it just looked awesome.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest SmarkySmark

My dad used to like wrestling in the "good old days" but doesn't anymore, but one time they were watching Star Trek that comes on before RAW and a commercial for RAW came on advertising a Bra and Panties match. I could just hear the groans from my parents.

My dad walked in during the "Santa Claus" match from the Christmas Eve RAW and actually thought it was funny though.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

My dad used to watch Gorgeous George wrestle at the fairgrounds when he was a kid.

He used to watch wrestling with my brother (around 1991), and then with me (1999). He marked out like the best of us, but he got really sick of screwjobs and other WCW delights.

I was embarrased to be a fan when I was 12. Dunno why, but it was like my dirty little secret. I was strange..

Guest SmarkySmark

The Taker/Kane Lightning fight back in 98. How rediculous was that? Wrestlers throwing lightning bolts at each other

Guest papacita

I've never been embarrassed to be a fan of wrestling, but I was a little embarrassed being the only person in my section to stand up and cheer Chyna at a Smackdown last year. I crave attention though, so it really didn't matter.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

SmackDown, last August:

I was the only one to cheer for Hugh Morrus, Gregory Helms, and *every* other WCW wrestler except Booker T.

In person, I hate attention.

I think that's cool, Papacita. Stand by your woman.

Guest Incandenza

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the entire episode of Raw that climaxed in J.R.'s forced salad tossing of Vince. I also found no way to defend the show where Trish was made to strip and bark like a dog.

Guest mesepher
My dad used to watch Gorgeous George wrestle at the fairgrounds when he was a kid.

He used to watch wrestling with my brother (around 1991), and then with me (1999). He marked out like the best of us, but he got really sick of screwjobs and other WCW delights.

My dad used to watch wrestling with me as well. He would even goto the shows with us and chant and yell... that was fun.

The Undertaker "sacrificing" Steve Austin and crucifying him on the UT symbol. I actually stopped watching for a few weeks at that.

At first I thought it was a total sacreligious. But once I thought it out.. I realised how it developed the Undertaker as pure evil, which was pretty cool.

that damn Rikishi stinkface is/was pretty embarassing

the Moolah/Mae Young nude shot was nasty as well

Guest bob_barron

My dad:

So I heard on your wrestling show Vince's head was shoved into a fat ass because he shoved another man's head into his ass?

Me: Ummm its an acquired taste

Guest MillenniumMan831
When male wrestlers pull down each other's tights to expose thong.

:wacko:

Funny you should mention that. My dad watches wrestling on a very inconsistent basis. I hate it when he pretends to not know the wrestlers' names. I mean how hard is it to figure out Edge's name? Especially when Cole is screaming it every two seconds. Anywhoo, we were watching the opening match on SmackDown a few months ago, and someone pulled down Billy / Chuck / Rico's pants to reveal thongs (Oh my God!!! Now THIS is embarassing! Ughhh!) However, my dad actually laughed out loud and thought it was funny (Well, just Rico's expression). But then again, my dad actually thinks The Undertaker is the WWE's current #2 draw, behind Hulk Hogan. God bless him!

Guest imajackoff?

Mine too. I hadnt laughed that hard during a wwf show in a while.

As far as embarrassing moments, mine was on Nitro:

The Eric Bischoff Show.

Guest Dames Edna

All of the degrading women angles - whether it be with pillows, eggnog, gravey, bras&panties, or underwear. The WWE is beyong disgusting with their treatment of women.

And watch this Thursday. It will officially be the lowest point in WWE history.

Guest Jericholic82

When I was in 11th grade and had like 8 wrestling shirts and wore them all in a row (cuz my others were dirty) and some guy was like "are you obssesed?"

but actually I am not embarassed too much. I even did my 11th grade research paper on Brian Pillman's life and death...and got an A.

but sometimes, when I buy a wrestling video, I feel a little strange, but the difference is I'll still buy it no matter who's at the counter.

the heck with the non-fans, I love wrestling and I'll never stop.

as for tv moments I'll go with the hardcore evening gown match. Actually I kinda marked out for Arquette winning the title it was unexpected to me, then 10 seconds later I realized what had just happened. Now I hate him with a passion.

I do hate when people assume things.

Guest dreamer420

I hated that moment. I felt horrible for Hogan who had to have been embarrassed beyond belief. JR covering for Hogan, saying that he was playing head games sucked ass.

Guest Ozymandias

-Royal Rumble 94. Predictably THAT was the PPV that various family members happened to watch with me, not WrestleMania X.

-Jericho bringing out guys in monkey suits to harrass Stephanie

Guest dreamer420
-Jericho bringing out guys in monkey suits to harrass Stephanie

I was watching that one with my girlfriend at the time and I think that was the last wrestling we watched together.

Guest Ravenbomb

The pillow fight - I usually sit through the crap, no matter how bad, and watch the entire show. But I just stopped watching when the pillow fight was next. I would've kept watching if they'd kept RVD vs. Jericho as the main event, though

Whenever Lawler opens his mouth

Whenever my mom or sister are in the room. They both treat wrestling like a total and complete joke, which would be fine if they didn't feel that they had to let me know all the time while I'm watching it. 'Oh, that's so fake!' seems to be a favorite. It's the exact opposite with my dad though. He seems to like the X-Division guys quite a bit actually