Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 The greatest thing is that after Keith most likely slates it, you'll be pretending you thought it sucked all along. Keith gave it ****
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Ehh, the story of the match was less about the back work anyways and more about Michaels becoming HBK, the performer.
Guest RickyChosyu Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I guess that explains no-selling ten minutes of back work then. Is that supposed to impress me?
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 No, but it was a real neat and deep story and it's too bad they couldn't have emphasized that and the back work.
Guest Dangerous A Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Excellent call, Brian. I thought the same thing throughout the match, that HBK was slowly reverting back to the "showstopper". If we were to hate on HBK not selling the back, then should we all hate the show as a whole because there were a ton of folks not selling properly all fucking night. It was a good show, IMO. Get on with your lives.
Guest Retro Rob Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Shawn proved to me that there is still a place for him in this business. Last week on Raw he was selling his back like crazy and all of you thought it was legit. He can still perform in the ring and pull off a ***+ match. He was working with fucking HHH! A guy who has had too ***+ matches all year and neither broke ***1/2, yet Shawn Michaels, a man who hasn't wrestled in four years was able to get a good ->great match of him. Even the Rock couldn't do that on Monday. As for Shawn turning back into the ShowStopper, I think he just wanted to go out in a better match than WrestleMania XIV and if this truly was his last match then he succeeded. From what I could tell he hadn't lost a step and I think he could make a return to the ring on a more regular basis.
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I watched it again. I liked it alot still. Him reverting to old spots and getting more showy was cool. The back, ehh. Still the best brawl I've seen in more than two years.
Guest godthedog Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Shawn proved to me that there is still a place for him in this business. Last week on Raw he was selling his back like crazy and all of you thought it was legit. He can still perform in the ring and pull off a ***+ match. He was working with fucking HHH! A guy who has had too ***+ matches all year and neither broke ***1/2, yet Shawn Michaels, a man who hasn't wrestled in four years was able to get a good ->great match of him. Even the Rock couldn't do that on Monday. As for Shawn turning back into the ShowStopper, I think he just wanted to go out in a better match than WrestleMania XIV and if this truly was his last match then he succeeded. From what I could tell he hadn't lost a step and I think he could make a return to the ring on a more regular basis. wait...shawn, who hasn't wrestled in 4 years and hasn't had a 4-star match since 1997, carried triple h? when he was taking over on offense, all the had to do was fly around & set up shit. and he was rather slow on offense. up till the end, trips held this one together.
Guest Brian Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 Shawn was calling alot of transitions it looked like. He took alot of the harder bumps. And the match storyline seemed like something he'd lay out, even though I haven't seen anything that structured from him since SummerSlam 1995. Triple H did carry the offense with that methodical fashion he has. I don't know, it seems more like Shawn to me.
Guest Trivia247 Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I haven't seen anyone else get a Side slam onto a Seat of a chair yet. Was the first practical use of a Chair other than springboarding off or Hitting someone with it, or droptoe holding someones face into it.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now