Guest Your Olympic Hero Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I marked out for Taker's Tombstone on Test B)
Guest Anorak Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I thought HBK/HHH was excellently done and comfortably the most enjoyable match of the night. The opener didn't go long enough, Edge/Guerrero ended abruptly just when it was starting to get really good and Benoit/RVD was a little dull and heatless to really get exited about.
Guest Caliban Posted August 26, 2002 Report Posted August 26, 2002 I'm going with HHH/HBK. It told the biggest story of the night and it told it very well. HBK is a bigger legend for it and no doubt HHH will be a biiger heel for it. Excellently done, and a total surprise as far as match quality goes.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 Benoit vs. RVD gets my vote...despite my utter hatred for the ending. Look...this match was one good ending away from this and the RAW match being on my pedastol of stories I liked. In the first match they established that no matter how hard Benoit beat RVD...he couldn't beat RVD with the crossface. So in the second match...Benoit beats the shit out of RVD even worse than last time...and puts him in 3 crossfaces. Great...I dig it. But when the finish is a ***** out of nowhere...it really didn't do Benoit any good. They ran the risk of it just looking like he wasn't good enough to beat RVD...and it bit them in the ass. Benoit threw everything at him...RVD took a hell of a beating...and it took pretty much one move to beat Benoit, despite this. The first thing I would have done is put Benoit over again by cheating to win. I mean...when the story is that one of the best wrestlers ever can't beat you no matter how much he throws at you...it really wasn't going to hurt RVD AT ALL to lose again. I think they put the title back on RVD so they could run a stupid story where he ends up on SD! But in doing so they sacraficed what would have been better served to have a third match where RVD's character...you know...learned something from the first two matches and found a way to roll Benoit up for the win when he was going for the Crossface. That, to me...is the ideal ending...since the two matches centered around RVD not being beat by that move. But...It still gets my vote...because I like seeing Benoit beat the shit out of people...even if they are my favorite wrestler.
Guest -Cutthroat- Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 HHH vs. HBK kicked azz. But it would have been better if it really ended in a SUPERKICK.
Guest godthedog Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 up till the crappy ending, rvd/benoit pretty much was centered around that: benoit murdered the arm and was DETERMINED to win with the crossface & make rob his bitch, but rob just wouldn't give up & benoit got frustrated. that's the main reason i liked the match as much as i did.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 Yeah... I dug the story. Sure the ending was crap...and RVD didn't execute well... THERE WAS A STORY DAMMIT!!!! In a WWE ring no less! That's a start.
Guest RickyChosyu Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 I would have dug it more if had actually gone somewhere before the ending.
Guest massivHEDtrauma Posted August 27, 2002 Report Posted August 27, 2002 HHH/HBK told a story, and it didn't have a crappy ending. That's why I think it was better overall. The ending to Benoit/RVD just felt way too awkward.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now