TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest saturnmark4life

Bands that are consistent

Guest saturnmark4life

I'll go with NOFX, Tool and foo fighters to start us off. Especially the first two.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yes! I get to be the first to say.....

header.gif

I also would say Rush fits that mold.

Guest redbaron51

I would say Metallica, but if Reload and Load was a double disc then i would say it.

Iron Maiden

Tool

Rush

Megadeth (waits for flames)

DREAM THEATER!!!!

Steve Vai (never disappoints)

The Who

Guest sk8420kid

Fugazi, I mean they released one of their best albums last year, and have been consistently good all though their carrers.

Guest Retro Rob

I would say the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I like just about everything they have ever released.

Guest Incandenza

Tom Waits. He's only made two misfires in the 30 years he's been making music (The Black Rider and the Night on Earth soundtrack).

Guest The Metal Maniac

You know, I'm honestly suprised that other people mentioned Iron Maiden.

From my experience, most people HATE The X Factor and Virtual XI.

But they get my vote.

Guest godthedog

the only true misfire ween's ever had is '12 golden country greats'. more recent stuff like 'white pepper' isn't as brilliant as 'the pod', but it's still good.

i still love every pearl jam album, though i know i'm in the minority.

every single studio album jeff buckley released while alive was a classic. you just don't get more consistent than that.

from 'post' on, bjork never fails to please.

every official studio lp the beatles released from 'rubber soul' till the breakup ranged from "really fucking good" to "greatest album of all time."

and what would one of my replies in the music thread be without pimping the velvet underground? velvets are a special case, as to me they went beyond consistency. not only could you make a claim that every record they made was a classic, they had more than enough material leftover to make ANOTHER classic album (if you just put together 'satellite of love', 'foggy notion', 'ride into the sun', 'ocean', 'stephanie says', 'lisa says', 'temptation inside your heart', 'i can't stand it', 'i'm sticking with you', etc...)

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I've got to toss my votes in there for Velvet Underground and Tom Waits.

Harry Chapin was just a magnificent songwriter and all his albums really reflect that.

There's a Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble album out there which is just like outtakes and alternate versions of "Life Without You" and even that rocks.

I'm a Rat Pack guy and there are very few songs by the holy trio of Martin, Davis and Sinatra I don't like.

And here are two bands that will get me funny looks: Supertramp and Dire Straits.

Guest Kotzenjunge

(holds up Gallagher Garbage Shield...)

KYLIE~!, Sophie, Oakenfold, and Fatboy Slim are all consistent in my mind.

I also have no problems with any Beastie Boys work. Where the hell is their next album???

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest red_file

The Magnetic Fields has been surprisingly consistent over the years. K's Choice has been pretty consistent in working a decent formula over and over.

Guest saturnmark4life
Def Leppard releases very consistent albums.

haveyou heard that new song 'Now'? i'm not a Def Leppard fan anyways (though i've always lived in their hometown) but it's dreadful in my eyes. Just wanted a fan's opinion.

Guest Nevermortal

Cradle of Filth.

Only one albums been sub par (and even then I have some songs I do like), and that's good considering they've released about 6 or so.

Guest godthedog
Def Leppard releases very consistent albums.

haveyou heard that new song 'Now'? i'm not a Def Leppard fan anyways (though i've always lived in their hometown) but it's dreadful in my eyes. Just wanted a fan's opinion.

i don't think kinetic's a fan, i think he was trying to say every def leppard album has sucked.

Guest Incandenza

I'd shit myself if Kinetic declared his love for the Leppard.

Oh, and godthedog, I saw your Jeff Buckley comment earlier, and ho ho.

Guest Youth N Asia

Lagwagon

Saves the Day

Get Up Kids

*waiting for emo backlash*

Vandals

Local H

If REM hadn't made their last 2 cds I would have added them.

Guest Incandenza
Lagwagon

Saves the Day

Get Up Kids

*waiting for emo backlash*

Vandals

Local H

If REM hadn't made their last 2 cds I would have added them.

I wouldn't call R.E.M consistent, either, but I loved Reveal. It's one of their prettiest records, and songs like "The Lifting" and "All the Way to Reno (You're Gonna Be a Star)" are absolutely lovely, and "Imitation of Life" is one of my R.E.M. favorite songs ever. The previous decade, the band's output was wildly erratic--Automatic for the People and New Adventures in Hi Fi were good-->wonderful, while Out of Time, Monster and Up all fell flat--but Reveal was a welcome return to form, and one of last year's best albums.

As for Local H, I find Here Comes the Zoo to be terribly dull. And I have no opinion on the Vandals.

I'll just ignore the emo bands, but truth be told, I actually like Saves the Day's Stay What You Are. That's about it.

Guest Youth N Asia

My earliest music memories consist of REM...and personaly from Chronic Town all the way to New Adventures in Hi Fi I thought it was steller music.

With Up I can handle about half of the stuff...the other half bores me. And with Reviel I honestly haven't given it a fair listen...I've heard it maybe twice and nothing really jumped out at me...although at first that was also the case with Automatic and Hi Fi

I completly forgot about Local H's newest one...I was thinking Hamfisted through Pick Up The Cats...I strike that one from the record

Guest Doomsault

To my knowledge I can't think of a TOOL album or a Paul Oakenfold song I've disliked.

Guest godthedog

why does 'monster' get ratted on so much? i love that record. the general sound is all distort-y and delay-ey, the first half is good, and the whole second half (from 'tongue' on) is fantastic.

Guest Youth N Asia

Monster's very good...with the exception of "King of Comedy"...other then that I love the album.

Guest Kinetic

Bravo to those who caught on to the intent in my Def Leppard comment. Is saturnmark a Smiths fan? I can't believe my unbridled hatred for Def Leppard wouldn't have made more of an impact on someone who shares my affinity for The Smiths.

Guest Incandenza
why does 'monster' get ratted on so much?  i love that record.  the general sound is all distort-y and delay-ey, the first half is good, and the whole second half (from 'tongue' on) is fantastic.

Feh, Monster tries--and fails, imo-- to recapture past glories. It has some good songs (I like "King of Comedy"), but it's unremarkable for the most part. It doesn't make me care.

Guest Strike Force!
My earliest music memories consist of REM...and personaly from Chronic Town all the way to New Adventures in Hi Fi I thought it was steller music.

With Up I can handle about half of the stuff...the other half bores me. And with Reviel I honestly haven't given it a fair listen...I've heard it maybe twice and nothing really jumped out at me...although at first that was also the case with Automatic and Hi Fi

"Up" is a very melancholy album and it's not for everybody. Very, very different than from, say, "Monster."

Guest Incandenza

My problem with Up is that it's so wrapped up in its own misery that it's more of a chore to listen to than a pleasure. Good--and great--albums can reflect any mood, but Up is the kind of thing that'd rather be left alone to sulk than welcome you to its world.

A friend of mine loves that record for just about every reason I dislike it, but different strokes and all that.