TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest saturnmark4life

Bands that are consistent

Guest saturnmark4life
Bravo to those who caught on to the intent in my Def Leppard comment. Is saturnmark a Smiths fan? I can't believe my unbridled hatred for Def Leppard wouldn't have made more of an impact on someone who shares my affinity for The Smiths.

ha. I didn't WANT to believe you liked em...

and i should probably stab myself in the testicles with a fork a few times for not mentioning the smiths or primus anyway, seeing as the former only ever recorded one song i didn't like and they didn't write it.

Guest converge241

radiohead, although they arent exceeding the previous album anymore just maintaining the high level.

zao

verve (well, they were)

elastica

afghan wigs (see verve)

on the REM debate, i think they peaked with HI-FI

Guest JangoFett4Hire

you can't get more consistent than the Beatles, I dont think...

But i wanna weigh in on the Monster debate. That is, in my opinion, the BEST Cd REM has put out. Maybe I'm biased and it's because of the sentimental attatchment have to it (it was released as I was starting college and listening to it brings me back to 18 years old... Green Day's dookie, Belly's King and Letters to Cleo's Aurora Gory Alice have the same effect- all great cds :lol: ) But I like Monster because it's so charged up and just rocking, even the slower songs like Strange Currencies have balls. And don't tell me you don't crank up your radio if by chance "What's the Frequency, Kenneth" or "*69" come on?

Guest Nevermortal

Lemme add one more.

front-logo.gif

Ok, granted, there's only two albums (and the Live Album, which sounds awesome from what I hear), but there's not one TPH song that I don't like.

BTW: This post was a Cheap plug.

Guest Strike Force!
My problem with Up is that it's so wrapped up in its own misery that it's more of a chore to listen to than a pleasure. Good--and great--albums can reflect any mood, but Up is the kind of thing that'd rather be left alone to sulk than welcome you to its world.

A friend of mine loves that record for just about every reason I dislike it, but different strokes and all that.

I'm with your friend on this one, buddy. That's why I like it too.

Guest godthedog
you can't get more consistent than the Beatles, I dont think...

But i wanna weigh in on the Monster debate. That is, in my opinion, the BEST Cd REM has put out. Maybe I'm biased and it's because of the sentimental attatchment have to it (it was released as I was starting college and listening to it brings me back to 18 years old... Green Day's dookie, Belly's King and Letters to Cleo's Aurora Gory Alice have the same effect- all great cds :lol: ) But I like Monster because it's so charged up and just rocking, even the slower songs like Strange Currencies have balls. And don't tell me you don't crank up your radio if by chance "What's the Frequency, Kenneth" or "*69" come on?

hm...i don't think it's their BEST record (i doubt they can ever top 'automatic for the people'), but i also have lots of sentimental value attached to it. that album was really my final point of being instated into 'alternative' music. it was also the first album i won from channel z, the greatest radio station in the world. that cd is my big relic of what mid-90s rock music meant to me, with the 'for promotional use only' stamp on it. good times...

and 'aurora gory alice' rocks nuts, mang. although apparently it doesn't exist anymore. i've gone on cdnow and amazon.com to look for the original release date, & neither place has any listing for it at all.

Guest saturnmark4life

i'm gonna have to listen to monster again one of these days. I bought it when i was about 11 or 12, and only really liked *69, kenneth and bang and blame, then i remember hating it for a while then i lost it ages ago. So i'll copy it off someone then decide.