TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

411 names The Truth as one of the top 10...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

411 has been doing a special on who the top wrestlers in the next five years would be. They picked Triple H first, John Cena second, and now they picked...

THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the full article:

Ron "The Truth" Killings

NWA: TNA’s "The Truth" has created an amazing buzz since finally making an impact on the new start up promotion. Killings has that special "it" that cannot be taught. He brings with him an amazing ring presence along with extremely intense promos that captivate and hook the audience into every word he is saying.

While his in-ring work still leaves a bit to be desired, he is young enough to improve in that department and has all the tools needed to become a dominant star in 2 years. His mic style is perfect for WWE, and the only thing that seems to be in the way of potential stardom in WWE for Killings is his pride (he has vowed to never return to WWE). Of course, never say never in wrestling. Kevin Nash once said he would rather have a sex change than go to WCW. We all saw how that ended up.

If Killings continues to improve and grow as a performer over the next year or two, WWE will be knocking on his door and he will be given a chance to become the star that he has the potential to be. Killings has the same ferocious verbal attack on the mic that made Steve Austin into a superstar, the only question is when he will be given the right situation to use that talent to its fullest.

Realistically, the fact that Killings is black will hurt him due to the fact that pro-wrestling is still very much a business controlled by white men. Killings even commented that his race was one of the main reasons why he never went anywhere during his first WWE tenure. But the type of talent Killings has can only be held down for so long, and that is the truth

Guest dreamer420

if killings can keep his character fresh and his behavior in check he could be a major player. too bad it won't happen until vince decides to steal him back and maybe give him a chance.

or turn him into the next faarooq

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Vince would only fuck it up.

It's not a mistake that he created that buzz away from the McMahon machine

Guest Jobber of the Week

I think if he actually gets a fanbase going, it's not unlikely to see Vince want him back. The problem the first time was that they weren't thinking "How can we get this guy over?" but "How can we get the Road Dogg over?" BAD BAD BAD.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I have to be honest...

half of my love for The Truth is my inabilty to understand how I no longer view him as Road Dogg's rapping sidekick.

Guest dreamer420

The Truth is getting a pretty good fanbase I think. He was propelled in the top spot in the NWA because he went out and got himself over. I don't think that it ws any kind of coincience that he was able to do it while away from the WWE. My only fear is that McMahon will see what a major player the Truth is becoming and will try to steal him back. And we all know exactly how he would be used if the WWE signed him back.

Guest eirejmcmahon

I think it'd be fair to say that we've yet to see a really entertaining match from the Truth - his gimick and mic work have been good but I've yet to see him do it in the ring.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That would be fair.

but I don't think it should be held against him so much...

I mean...

Look at the WWE title picture.

Neither one is what you would call "pretty"

Guest AllCanadian

I think the list loses it's credibility right off the bat with their #1. My prediction is HHH will be bald, immobile and having heart problems in 5 years.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Yes. I'm sure HHH is the only guy in the history of wrestling that's ever used steroids. Yep.

..and I'd feel sorry for anyone talented stuck as Road Dogg's tag partner, too.

Hey, with Truth and Jerry Lynn, they should have enough bitterness to do SHOOT~! promos there.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

HHH is at the top of the list...because barring death...

he'll probably own part of the company by then

Guest Jobber of the Week
My only fear is that McMahon will see what a major player the Truth is becoming and will try to steal him back. And we all know exactly how he would be used if the WWE signed him back.

Errr? And that would be?

I could see Killings come off well on WWE again. Assuming NWA takes the trademarks to calling him The Truth, they could just go ahead and call him Ron Killings like they're doing with Angle and Cena and others, and introduce him as "a guy from one of those territories down south." It would work as long as they pull a Revisionist History and make sure they never mention the K-Kwik character.

However, since people will remember him anyways, he could get over firmly as a heel by talking about "When I tried to make a name for myself here, They told me this wasn't my kind of business. They tried to stick me in the shadow of some loser and waited until the day I left." This works on multiple levels since smarks and some marks are familiar with the claims of racism by WWE management.

Give him a one-month feud (and no longer, else we'll be stuck with race angles forever) with Booker T, trying to convince Booker that "They" don't like him either, Killings can get over as a fresh heel, Booker will become more a face, and both guys don't risk ending up in the others' shadow. All with one stone.

Guest El Satanico

But we know that WWeee would do something stupid with him.

Vince: "Ron Killings the serial killing gang member!"

JR:(pops up from behind Vince's desk) "It's brilliant!"