Guest The Ruthless Aggressor Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Matt is average on all counts, and he's basically a dead character right now. But at least he's better than Hardcore Holly and Rikishi.
Guest WaylonMerciless Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I've always liked Hardcore Holly.....since he was Hardcore Holly that is.....they just always stick him in sucky storylines. He was one of the better Hardcore champs and is a pretty good wrestler. Plus they go on about how Taker is the most loyal WWE employ.......Holly has stuck around even though they labeled him "Sparky" early in his career.
Guest Quik Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I miss Jeff selling jabs like he was shot in the face with an elephant gun. Matt's boring. More of that finger shit and the same damn moves... he's still a Hardy. Lita has a bangin' bod... that's it. Two words: doggy style.
Guest the pinjockey Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Absolutely. Put a bag over her head and do your business.
Guest Smell the ratings!!! Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Matt may be boring, but at least he doesn't make the show actively worse, like certain tall and fat people I could mention. And remember, the stupidest gimmicks are the best. Right now, Matt's playing it seriously, because he thinks there's a chance for him to get over. In a few weeks, he'll give up, and then he'll be funny. Like "Big Shot" Holly or Co-Dependent Austin. Get ready for some Mattitude!!! *gets drilled with chair* you'll see...
Guest massivHEDtrauma Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 But Matt's sorta kinda funny sometimes. And he can actually sorta kinda talk sometimes, too. Jeff can do neither. Matt might be a boring wrestler, but like someone else said, he still has more charisma than Benoit. I can promise you one thing right now: on Smackdown, I will mark like a bitch for MATTITUDE~!
Guest Anglesault Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 But Matt's sorta kinda funny sometimes. And he can actually sorta kinda talk sometimes, too. Jeff can do neither. Matt might be a boring wrestler, but like someone else said, he still has more charisma than Benoit. I can promise you one thing right now: on Smackdown, I will mark like a bitch for MATTITUDE~! Well, if I would have known that "Mattitude" would have gotten over, I would have used in on this board instead of "Jaded Angle mark"
Guest Smell the ratings!!! Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 don't worry 'sault, you have plenty of Mattitude yourself. stupid gimmicks are the best part of wrestling, everyone knows that. Remember those couple months where Hurricane was the hottest thing in the history of the planet? He wears a cape for christ sake!
Guest Anglesault Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Hurricane had a personality and didn't allow his hick background to undermine his promo ability.
Guest the 1inch punch Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 Thats gonna be my new sig you know, Ive got Mattitude
Guest CanadianHorseman Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 I am also enjoying Matt Hardy's new character. WaylonMerciless: Love the'sig. As for the Kanyon/Rhyno uprising (the word "revolution" has become trite), count me in, baby!
Guest creativename Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 I think Matt's new character is great. I love how they're dragging out his heel turn, rather than all of a sudden it's "oh I'm a bad guy now." It makes it all the more meaningful, as he gets cockier and cockier and his friends turn against him. It's a great way to add heat to the whatever feud with a former friend he ends up with, I'm guessing either Hurricane or Moore.
Guest AndrewisyourHero Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 Jeff selling jabs like he was shot in the face with an elephant gun. LOL. I found this extremely funny for some reason
Guest evenflowDDT Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 I think Matt's new character is great. I love how they're dragging out his heel turn, rather than all of a sudden it's "oh I'm a bad guy now." It makes it all the more meaningful, as he gets cockier and cockier and his friends turn against him. It's a great way to add heat to the whatever feud with a former friend he ends up with, I'm guessing either Hurricane or Moore. Matt's turning heel? Man, I know some teenage girls who are gonna be pissed... Matt Hardy is the man. The Hardyz as a unit are OK, but being spot-based wrestlers, their act gets stale pretty fast. In singles action though, "Matt's where it's at!"™ Sure, he's only an average wrestler, but at least he actually wrestles and puts in an effort, without body paint or jumping off buildings. I think it's good that they're trying to give him a character in singles action, instead of just sticking him on HeAT with Justin Credible and saying "uhhh... you're a Hardy, here, you DO something!" Sure, it might be an old character, but name one new, interesting character in the fed. Thank you.
Guest SmarkySmark Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 Damnit I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm sick of hearing "Benoit has no charisma" Just cause he doesn't crack jokes like The Rock doesn't mean he has no charisma. I got chills from his little video package they played during Smackdown. I like the guy's personality...maybe I'm the only one, but damnit.....I'm sticking with my opinion! oh and I still think Hurricane is great...best goofy gimmick going today!
Guest creativename Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 I got chills from his little video package they played during Smackdown. They actually had a video package for Benoit? SmackDown! was pre-empted here in Jersey. Could someone describe this for me?
Guest Brian Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 And they had a HYPE~! package before Mysterio's match. Benoit's was sort of a commercial, but it was still real damn good.
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 What was it about? Did it just show some match clips with commentary? What did he say? Due to circumstances beyond my control I couldn't see Smackdown last night.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now