TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Youth N Asia

Is Truth just greatly overrated?

Guest Youth N Asia

Ok...granted, the NWA title doesn't mean shit these days, and any real wrestling fan knows that. But they're trying to pass it off as still meaning something...

On paper Shamrock seemed like a great idea for champ...he just didn't turn out great, very dull.

Am I the only one that thinks K Krush is not as great as the NWA is saying he is. His gimmick's been done to death, and it's been done better, his mic work is very stiff and his ringwork is good...but NWA World champ good?

I tired to get into Krush...I really did, but he's just coming off boring to me.

As much as I hate to say this, I think Jarrett is the most entertaining heavyweight in the company right now. And since they're just going to stick Lynn in with the cruisers and not let him after the world title I think JJ is the man.

AND KEEP MONTY BROWN OFF TV!

Anyone else have a take

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like JJ.

The only problem is...having the best choice for champion when you only have one heavyweight that is truly a top guy...putting the title on him results in nothing interesting going on at the top at all.

My solution is still moving Lynn up to the heavyweight division...and putting Corino in the mix upon his return.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I'll agree that The Truth is over rated in the ring department and calling him a break out star is a bit..."iffy" so to speak. Sorry, but he really isn't that great in the ring. Excellent mic work and he is very over but it's with the NWA crowd which could very well be the same 1000 people every week.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

1000 people is 999 more than the guy holding the real world title.

And since when is talent a barometer for being champion?

HHH

Hogan

Taker

Brock

No...I don't follow

Guest Youth N Asia

His mic work is kind of 50/50...I can't explain it.

He has the angry guy thing down great...dammit, it's too hard to explain...some of the words he chooses just don't sound right, sounds stiff...once again, can't put into words

And are they turning him face ALREADY?!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Don't they kind of have to have him be the face?

I mean...

He's too cool to be a heel at this point.

I think the best way to describe his promos is "Raw". They sound raw...unrehearsed...and he sometimes throws in words that either have no place or no meaning.

But that's what makes them great.

Oh I didn't say any of those guys were talented either although I'd actually have to say Taker can work a better match than The Truth. Say what ya will, but he's been in a few good ones this year. The Truth has not. Although thats not necessarily his fault, but I've just never been impressed by the guy.

And I can semi consider Lesnar over now but still not world title worthy...he's European Champion over, thats about it. This is after killing Hogan and Rock dead mind you. Oof.

But yes, as much as I dislike the Truth's ring work, I still got no problem with him being champ. He may be a bit shakey, but he keeps me somewhat interested, where as Jarret's 80's offense kills me dead in the bad way.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

For every Taker/Flair or Taker/RVD

There is a Taker/HHH or Taker/Hogan.

Just remember that.

Oh i'm not saying he hasn't had some clunkers...and by clunkers I mean cancer causing...but if he's put in there with a semi talented worker, he always seems to pull something out of his ass.

I totally agree on the Truth's mic work though, they seem unstructured, disjointed, raw and unrehearsed, which is a nice change from the formula of "mock announcer...catchphrase...crowd participation catchphrase...tell opponent who you are...catchphrase" I could see him being something in the WWE but he's only 6'0 and 230, so fuck him. WWE Logic, not mine.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...I think Truth's true test will be a match with either JJ or Lynn.

So far he's run the gauntlet of Lawler, Brown...while concussed, Smiley, a racecar driver and an unmotivated Shamrock.

And he's over in spite of it...I say that's a keeper.

And funnily...the match with the driver wasn't that bad.

Neither was the Smiley one...but short. Shamrock wasn't bad until the blown spot by Apolo and the out of nowhere finish.

It was as good as anything else Shamrock had done.

Yeah, to be fair, he hasn't exactly been wrestling the sport's elite or anything. I think him and Jarret will be an awful styles clash, but him and Lynn would gel well. Lynn works well with flashy over the top in ring guys.

Let us never discuss Shamrock again. It was a nice idea, but he didn't have the tools to make it work.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I think Jarrett should get the belt and Truth should chase him, eventually regaining the belt as a face. They need to bring in another name or two in the heavyweight division. Scott Hall probably should be signed on for another four to six shows and pushed into the mix as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonny Siaki thrown in there as he seems to have the Flex Kavana wanna be look.

Guest nikowwf

I really don't like The Truth that much as a performer. I think his promos have had great intensity, but his in ring work is so so. Once that bell rings, he's just another guy. He's not bad, but he's not TOP GUY IN PROMOTION either.

I'd like to see one of the X Division guys get the title. Thats the only good thing in this company, put it center stage and let it shine.

Niko

Guest Jim Hellwig

Ron Killings is definitely overrated. His lazy, selfish display 2 Wednesdays ago, made me quiver. I would appreciate if he would work more on his psychology, and made his transitions smoother also. His ringwork leaves much to be desired... and he lacks the intangibles to entertain the crowd.

I say they should can Killings, and bring in proven stars like X-Pac, who know how to work the crowd.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Jim Hellwig, that is the most offensively hilarious post EVER outside of the General Chat forum...

Truth really needs to work more on his in-ring stuff, but then again he really hasn't had much to work with. Pit him in a match with Yang and see how they work out.

Guest Zack Malibu

Selfish!? Man, Killings wanted to work TWICE, and the second time was AFTER they realized he had a concussion! As far as ringwork, he's no Benoit, but contrary to your belief, the man does entertain the crowd. He was getting "Truth" chants and he's supposed to be a HEEL! If that doesn't say "This guy is over" then I don't know what does.

Again, I think you're saying some of this stuff to flame bait, so I'm not too bothered by it.

Guest Jim Hellwig
Selfish!? Man, Killings wanted to work TWICE, and the second time was AFTER they realized he had a concussion!

If Triple H did something similar, you would say he was hogging more TV time. I see that's what Killings did. If you're hurt, and can't go, get out of the ring.

I know Killings is trying to get his name back in the business, but when you're in that condition, it puts the health of your opponent in much higher danger.