Guest FeArHaVoC Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Don't forget the "Highly Anticipated" Chris Jericho/Jeff Hardy fued.
Guest nikowwf Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I think they are heading toward an Angle face turn, don't you? (Note, I'm not saying its good or bad, just that I think its coming.) Niko
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I want to see if the WWE will pull the trigger on a Jeff Hardy main-event push. They seemed to be going that way with the Jeff/UT matches on RAW and maybe they'll elevate him for good now? I dunno, Jeff is tolerable to me compared to UT and HHH.
Guest Spaceman Spiff Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Jeff in the ME scene? No thanks, I'll take UT & HHH over Jeff
Guest Mystery Eskimo Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 So would I, and I HATE taker and HHH.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I dunno. I think Jeff should really change his look. He's very over and he is really improving in the ring. It's a shame they already turned Matt heel, because a heel turn could have benifitted Jeff a lot more.
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 May I ask where those signs of improvement lie? And very over? Once I hear some male voices cheering for him, I'll believe it.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Well, at least Jeff gets some reaction. So what if it's a female reaction? It's still more than a lot of other people get..
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Still doesn't fit into my definition of "very over".
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 May I ask where those signs of improvement lie? And very over? Once I hear some male voices cheering for him, I'll believe it. Actually the girls are the loudest ones but pretty much everyone cheers him. I know from the recent live evnts I've been to. His improvments lie in the areas of match pacing and psychology. He's been improving since his matches with Taker, and his match with Jericho was a high-point on an otherwise abysmal RAW.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Okay. Who would you say is "very over"? Guys like Rock, Angle, RVD are obvious.
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Those three. I'd probably add Mysterio to the list. Oh, and Monday's effort was mostly Jericho.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 That's just like 5% of the roster, though. Jericho's heat used to be much larger..but..we all know that story. I'd rather have Jeff on the roster, who is over..than a guy like Henry/Show..who isn't.
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Again, you missed the point. We're not talking about who is or isn't on rosters, we're talking about pushing to main events.
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 Listen, I think Jeff needs to improve a bit before full on ME status, and he also needs a look change like, yesterday. But, you can't help but see the capacity for great matches in him. Watch some OMEGA tapes.
Guest El Psycho Diablo Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I'll say this. If they won't let RVD, Angle, or Jericho main event..what makes anybody think they'd let Jeff Hardy? I don't think they're even -close- to letting him ME.
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted August 29, 2002 Report Posted August 29, 2002 I don't have anything to worry about then. I don't like Jeff Hardy (but I don't have to mention him in every second post to beat in the fact - take note). As for OMEGA, pretty much everyone who's familiar with it says that Jeff was much better then.
Guest Spaceman Spiff Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 His improvments lie in the areas of match pacing and psychology. He's been improving since his matches with Taker, and his match with Jericho was a high-point on an otherwise abysmal RAW. You're talking about Jeff? Still haven't seen this out of him yet. Listen, I think Jeff needs to improve a bit before full on ME status, and he also needs a look change like, yesterday. But, you can't help but see the capacity for great matches in him. Watch some OMEGA tapes He needs to improve way more than "a bit." I, for one, don't see the capacity for great matches in Jeff in a staight wrestling match. He may have been great in OMEGA, but those days are behind him.
Guest Brian Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 He used to be fucking great. He used to bump like hell, he used to know how play to the crowd, switch between heel and face in between matches with the subtlest of changes, he used to fly and work the mat. Here's a guy with seasoning in BattleArts. Oh how I miss Jeff. It's like X-Pac but instead of concussions, Jeff just got lazy.
Guest Flyboy Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 We'll see RVD Vs. HHH for the Undisputed IC Title.. bank on it.
Guest Black Tiger Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 Add some sort of tag match with Batista and John Cena vs D-Von and someone. WWE ought to make a Cruiserweight title match just by taking four or five of them and sticking them in an elimination type match. Raven vd D'Lo!
Guest Flyboy Posted August 30, 2002 Report Posted August 30, 2002 Raven vd D'Lo! That'll probably be on the HeAT before Unforgiven which I will recap.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now