Jump to content

Taker/Brock at Unforgiven?


Recommended Posts

Guest converge241
Posted

"I think Taker is once again fulfilling the role of the guy who jobs to get the new heel over. He did the same thing when Austin first turned. "

 

oh yeah thanks i forgot the last time he actually did that since it was so long ago (over a year). Hope he gets em over as well as he got Rock over. Maybe Brock can pin Paul Bearer to win the Unforgiven match. Or maybe like he put the new heels the Unamericans over?

 

 

not an attack on Will Scarlet but just the WWE

Guest Will Scarlet
Posted
Maybe Brock can pin Paul Bearer to win the Unforgiven match.

 

Come on, I think we all know that the ending of the match will probably be Taker dominates Brock, Paul interferes, Taker walks into the F5. Brock wins. Isn't that the standard match finish for Brock matches against guys higher than Matt Hardy on the food chain?

 

Nevertheless, I hope Brock does manage to get over somehow, as he has certainly been growing on me since he defeated Hogan.

Posted

"Brock Lesnar IS an Amatuer Wrestler...much like Kurt Angle...therefore he has the ability to wrestle, on par, with Kurt Angle...*IF* that WWE let Lesnar showcase his TRUE ability on the mat, as well as mix that with his brawling, it can only do their champion favours."

 

I disagree. Angle wrestled fine on the mat and carried some of it. But when it came to building the actual match from there, he was being led by the hand. He was blown up. It's one of the reasons I don't think anyone should be doing any mat wrestling unless it's against Eddie, Benoit, Malenko, Mysterio, Knoble; and maybe Matt Hardy and Tajiri. At least until they get the hang of building off it, otherwise it's just matwork for matwork. Matwork needs a purpose, it needs to establish something, it needs to be have a part in the story of the match, and it needs to be played off of from time to time.

Guest converge241
Posted

WS - i agree on both

 

lol, paul MUST interfere when hes not wrestling a Hardy

 

and I hope he does cause I like him.

 

i just think = beat taker on Raw, have Brock - RVD on the PPV (of course minus this new rule about SD only)

Guest cabbageboy
Posted

Brock and RVD is one of the few matches they have that has some build to it and MIGHT draw some money, so I wouldn't throw it out on a nothing PPV like Unforgiven.

 

HHH is getting the weird Jarrett NWA type push, where he's all over the show but is being denied a title shot. If that makes any sense.

 

I'm gonna piss off most of the board when I say that Brock/UT is probably the way to go for Unforgiven. Why throw away Brock/Angle at a nothing Sept. PPV? Give Brock a big name to get a win over here, and then UT goes back to squashing the Hardys and Dreamer for a while.

 

I figure as long as Brock has the title HHH won't get a match against him on PPV (it'd be heel/heel and make no sense).

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
Posted

You might be right about Undertaker being the best choice for Brock to defend his title against, but I'm still pissed of by the fact that he is the best choice. Can't other people be given a chanc in the spotlight? Must the same guys be there constantly? Make new stars, don't use the same fading ones over and over.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Posted

The only reason Taker's going to stink up the main event is because they have decided to sacrifice everyone high on the card to Brock in an effort to get him over. Eddy, Edge, Benoit, RVD, and Booker are all potential future victims. Of course HHH won't have to job. Cabbageboy was wondering why he's all over the show and not getting near the title, well it's because anyone who gets a title shot in the next six months will get fed to Brock.

Guest converge241
Posted

i see the point about Taker cause there really arent many other options, so why did they dig themselves this hole? whose left down the line that might have a chance to draw

Angle - if they built it up right

RVD

HHH

 

umm thats it

 

Kane is "seen" as a top guy but his character's retarded. see also Booker T.

 

they will never do a Brock- Jericho or Brock-Benoit and push it a PPV main event all optimism aside.

 

theres tons of guys who fans might want to see but not pay 35 bucks for it, like Brock - Show or Brock - Rikishi

 

i forgot a Hogan rematch - that would probably do well.

 

I guess that leaves other younger guys to build up to an equal level like Batista or something. or fully build Edge into a player, but i dont even know if that can be done.

Guest Anglesault
Posted
Why the fuck is Undertaker headlining anything? Why? Why? Why? If the PPV bombs, I hope Brock doesn't get blamed

If it bombs, Brock will get blamed.

 

I hope it bombs.

Posted

Silly AngleSualt. If RVD co-headlines with HHH for the IC title, he will get blamed.

Guest Redhawk
Posted

Well I don't know about y'all, but Jim Ross told me that Taker-Brock was gonna be a slobber knocker to end all slobber knockers. He also said some stuff about "unmitigated strength" and "scary power."

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Posted

HA!

 

your witty banter amuses me

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...