TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Why are KaZaA downloads so slow?

Guest Downhome

I just got DSP, and I am noticing that the speeds of many of the files I want to download are going so slow. It this on my end, the guy I'm downloading from's end, or is it KaZaA itself? Please help me, as it's driving me insane! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest Flyboy

It depends really.

Say it's a file... a video file, and only ONE person has that file. Well, then it would take awhile.

Or the people you download from could be dial-up users... it really just depends.

Guest Downhome
It depends really.

Say it's a file... a video file, and only ONE person has that file. Well, then it would take awhile.

Or the people you download from could be dial-up users... it really just depends.

I'm sorta new to KaZaA, so do you know if there is a way to find files from people who will download fast?

Guest Flyboy

Hover over a file.

Look at Bandwith: and if it's around 300-800.. that's pretty good. Depending on the size of the file you're downloading.

Also, get a file that has a plus sign beside it.. it means more people has that file, and makes it faster to download.

Since you DSL now, I can send you those ROH matches, BTW.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

RoH matches on Kazza?

Can I can I can I can I plleeeeaassseee...

I have Desire videos and other semi-common materials! I have the Nash injury video JotW made!! Please... ;)

Okay, that was sad. Anyway...

Guest Flyboy

I'm sending to him over AIM... you have ICQ... I don't have ICQ.

If you have AIM or MSN, I could hook you up, too. :P

Guest redbaron51

Lists of reasons why it is taking so long.

A) Your modem is very slow

B) The User's modem is very slow

C) It may be a rarity and it is very hard to find.

D) Size of the file can be big it'll take a bit longer than a regular song file.

E) Low Bandwith. If its low it's gonna take forever for people to download it, no matter on the size of the file.

Guest papacita

If a file is taking a long time to download, on the traffic screen, you can right click and select "Find more sources for Download", and it'll search for another user. Usually, it ends up in a faster download (for me at least), but if no one else has the file then it won't do much good.

Guest Sandman9000

It sucks, when you have an ethernet connection and can't download at more then 2 k/s because you are mooching off of some 28K modem.

That's the one thing I miss about Napster. It would allow you to look for those who had fast internet connections and avoid all of the slow dial-up warriors.

Guest Sandman9000

I used Kazaa Lite, but it lacked the selection that Kazaa Spy has, for some strange reason. It pissed me off, so I decided to accept the spyware and go with regular Kazaa.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

Killing the spyware kicked ass~! Thanks for linking to that.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

The spyware eats some of your bandwith. If you're like me and barely have a 28.8 connection, that little bit of bandwidth can mean a lot...I dont download a whole lot of stuff cause it takes too damn long, but I noticed a big difference in Lite over regular downloading the same file from the same person..

Guest The Electrifyer

I don't understand though. I'm on a cable modem, and I've had downloads up to 100-200kps. But whenever I upload something to another user on Kazaa, it goes so slow for some reason, usually 9kps is pretty fast for my upload. This happens when I have 0 downloads and only 2-3 uploads and I use Kazaa Lite. Why is uploading so slow?

Guest cdstunner66

Check your options under the tools drop down. Toy can lower the amount of bandwith used for uploads as well as limit the number of uploads at any given time. Also check and see if you're supernode option is checked. If you're on as a supernode, there goes all semblance of a speedy download. I usually keep things at the original settings (3 down, 2 up) unless I'm bringing in a big file or a rarity, then I adjust down.