Guest Dames Edna Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 I think he was pissed because no one gave it credit for being an entertaining match. Everyone lambasted it because they felt the workrate wasn't on. I think there is a difference between being an perfectly worked match that exemplifies what wrestling is all about (Steamboat/Flair) and having a match that is spotty and gets the fans on their feet. There is a legitamate arguement that the Flair/Steamboat series can be boring, while the fast paced matches are more exciting. I think more emphasis should be put on exciting wrestling, not the slowbuild to a climatic finish. The KOTR match wasn't that great, but it was mostly because of RVD's weak offense that doesn't look like it connects. It was an offnight for RVD with both Jericho and Lesnar
Guest AndrewTS Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 Where is this "no one gave credit" or "everyone lambasted" garbage? It seems your viewpoint is similar to mine, though. It was a good but not great match, and they had a bit of an offnight. It could have been better and it wasn't. I generally prefer exciting matches myself, but when there are flaws there are flaws. You learn from them, you don't shut out other people's opinions and tell yourself it an was excellent match. Even Keith gave it 3 stars I believe, and those are fairly rare, since not every PPV is a Summerslam 2K2. You are seemingly saying that everyone hated it and thought it was a terrible match. Not so. But Jericho ignorantly believed that, and by doing so jumped the gun and alienated a significant portion of his fanbase. Way to go, Jericho, you stupid shit. Oh...and someone corrected me, because it was only a FEW negative comments at the Torch--the rest were positive, with a few admitting it fell short of the expectations. Apparently that handful of negative comments deeply offended him. Marks don't care because he's been buried, and many smarks don't care either because of the rant, his shitty performances as of late, or a combination of the two. Glad you feel you've accomplished all you want to, Chris. Maybe if you're lucky you can have your ass handed to you in another Flair fued. David Flair, that is...wonder when he's getting called up? To paraphrase someone else, Jericho needs a few more inches of height, some more pounds of muscle, and his dick in a McMahon before he comes anywhere near the main event title scene EEEEEEEEVER A-GAYNE!
Guest Dames Edna Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 No one directly lambasted his match, but everyone said it was a lackluster PPV with no memorable matches. That could have set him off. Jericho didn't alienate me, why? Because I agree, for the most part, that the IWC can be bloodthirsty cynical know-it-alls.
Guest Just call me Dan Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 Based upon reading your responses in the NHB folder and going up and down the thread, calling people idiots, telling people their opinions were wrong and taking a stab at near everyone in the thread, I'd say you just might be one of those "know it alls"
Guest Dames Edna Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 I am taking stabs at certain posters - not wrestling. I am far from a genius, GOD, or expert when it comes to wrestling knowledge. I am basing this all on educated opinion. I have had numerous encounters with the people in the NHB folder thus I gave an educated opinion. But thanks for coming out Dan
Guest Just call me Dan Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 Fair enough. I like the fact that you stick behind you opinions, and I agree you aren't talking out of your ass. Now, I agree with you whole-heartedly about Jericho. I think he gets a lot of bullshit form his supposed "fans" when he hasn't done anything wrong. He goes out and gets to feud with Cena and Flair, gets pantsed on television and jobs clean to anyone he is asked to. Some may not like his offense, but that is null in the fact that no one's moves are just totally liked and accepted by everyone. Looking objectively at my favorite wrestler's offense in the last year, I'd much rather watch Jericho than Austin's punch, back body drop, Thesz press, Spinebuster and Stunner. That was it. Jericho can work and can work well. He has the worst political nemesis there is, so he will more than likely get shafted. He had a good title reign and has the ability to blow anyone on the roster away with his charasmatic skills. His early WCW stuff didn't just dissappear. Much like wrestlers are being held back by the WWE style of wrestling, Jericho's on camera character is being held back by a WWE style character written out for him.
Guest Dames Edna Posted September 2, 2002 Report Posted September 2, 2002 Many people like Triple H, the Undertaker ect. are afraid of Jericho's charisma. He has the ability to get the crowd into any match. Much the way RVD is being held down as a babyface, Jericho was too. Now that Jericho has turned heel, they have asked him to stay away from the act that made him so popular as a heel in the WCW. Moreover, Jericho's style from WCW that worked fine, also was asked to be tweeked. Now Jericho has changed his style and personality for a company that won't give him an ample push. Well they did give him a push with the World Title, which was great, but immediatly kicked him back down the totem pole. I wouldn't necessarily care if he stayed out of the World Title picture for a few years, but I have a huge problem with his selection of opponants. especially the fact they put a green jabroni over him, a guy who the WWE had definate plans of de-pushing right after his victory. By depushing Cena after a victory over Jericho, it makes Chris look terrible. Later, they give him a hot debut of RAW, then job him out to Flair - somebody who lost to Vince F'n McMahon. Anyone can use a conspiracy theory with Kurt Angle, but nobody...absolutly nobody has been misused like Jericho. It is disheartening as a fan to anticipate something good out of one of your favorite wrestlers, only to have him pantsed or humiliated. Judging from mainstream TV interviews with him, Jericho seems like an extremely intelligent and personable guy. It is highly unlikely he is this out of control bafoon backstage. He has a genuine love for the business, and has never been known to cause trouble in the past. If this keeps up, I hope Jericho may have the same balls Austin did and stick it to the company. It is 100% wrong of Vince McMahon to allow these politics to occur. There is no logical reason why Triple H should be in any main storyline. I'd understand the Undertaker being in it because he is over, but Triple H is not. He practically has to beg for heat. Jericho on the other hand is extremely over, and is capable of wrestling a good match. if jericho left, I wouldn't blame him at all. In fact, he'd just give me another reason to stop watching the show. Both Jericho and Eddie Guerrero are the underated MVP's of their respective brands. People just take them for granted, but if they were gone, it would leave a noticeable mark. It wouldn't be the same as when Eddie left last year, because during this run he has turned it up 150%.
Guest evenflowDDT Posted September 3, 2002 Report Posted September 3, 2002 It makes me sad to see Jericho's spirit broken like it is now. He's always had to put up with a lot of crap (e.g. Kane feud over spilled coffee), but lately I have no idea why he even bothers anymore. Take tonight for example, getting an IC title shot isn't that bad, but it was made very clear that HHH was running the show and "screwed Chris" (shoot segment?). Not to mention his attempt at the Cocky Pin (something "new" to his moveset since he hasn't used it in a while) was largely ignored due to a kick-out before 1. With nothing to look forward to in the near future, I can understand why he wouldn't care. I know I wouldn't.
Guest Dames Edna Posted September 3, 2002 Report Posted September 3, 2002 It seems as though the WWE writers seem to put in one cute Jericho being buried joke. Most of the time its with Triple H doing it. Even though they are both heels, they still build them up as enemies. Considering they hate each others gut in real life, its kinda disheartening to know someone on the committee is out for blood
Guest Mulatto Heat Posted September 3, 2002 Report Posted September 3, 2002 No one directly lambasted his match, but everyone said it was a lackluster PPV with no memorable matches. That could have set him off. Jericho didn't alienate me, why? Because I agree, for the most part, that the IWC can be bloodthirsty cynical know-it-alls. When it comes down to it, you have to call a spade a spade. If KOTR was lackluster (I haven't seen it, but after reading the results I'm not going out of my way to buy the VHS or DVD), then that's all there is to it, period. If Jericho and RVD had had a better match nine months earlier (Unforgiven 2K1), then they did, period. Even Jim Ross was apologizing for the PPV in his Hoss Report. Thing is, from what I heard Jericho was in the match of the night so what's he complaining about? A comment from a moron who likely is ignored by his peers every day? Please. I give him a lot of credit, especially as of late because since his jump to RAW, with the exception of the Fozzy "concert", he's been one of the few shining stars of RAW. His wiping his pits with Jeff Hardy's gay little sashes was terrific. I don't know about anyone else but after the Alliance angle I had active disdain for the WWF. They took an idea that should have been gold (and was, judging by the InVasion buyrate), and shat on it again and again for four months. Any flack they received at that time was well-deserved in my book.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now