TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muzz

A Reunion of Sorts...

Guest Muzz

A quiet night in Chicago, a cool summers night, greeting many club goers as they get ready to let their hair down in the ciity, while other working folk are at home with their families. Neither applies to Andrew Loire, as he sits alone in the corner of Fioriella's, where he and his passed wife, Anna, used to eat regularly. He sighs, looking around at the many couple's joking with each other, holding each other, kissing each other...

She'd be sitting across the table, laughing at something I said... even if it weren't particulary funny... she could make me feel better, make life worth living... I miss her...

Sacred throws back another mouthful of his beer, before putting it back on the table. He picks up a fork, plays with the rather elaborate meal in front of him for a bit, then finally takes a bit of the vegetables on his plate.

“Ergh…” Sacred groans in disgust. “How can something so awful be so good for you?”

“Heh… You’ve never liked vegetables, have you?” A familiar voice says standing at the other side of the table.

Sacred looks up, questioning whether this is a dream, or nightmare, or neither. “…You… What are you doing here?”

“Mind if I take a seat?” Axis asks. Before Sacred can reply, he sits down anyway, taking a chair from a nearby table.

“Looks like I have no choice in the matter,” Sacred replies, looking back down at his place with a sorrowful look

“It’s been a long time, Andrew.” Axis says with a grin, holding out his hand for a hand shake, but Sacred just glumly looks at him. Axis raises his eyebrows and brings his hand back, shrugging his shoulders.

“Indeed, it has Jay..." Sacred says, laughing on the inside as he thinks that the all mighty Axis has the same name as the not so mighty Jay Dawg.

“I see you’ve had your fair share of success since after you left for home,” Axis notes.

“Yeah, I guess. It doesn’t mean anything to me, though...” Andrew plays with his food again, looking a sorry state as Axis eyes him wearily, knowing exactly what's on his mind.

“You still miss her, don’t you?”

“…Of course, you fool. She was my wife. I loved her more than anything and everything... I doubt you would understand though... I just want her back so much..." Sacred says, drifting off into dream land again.

“Meh…” Axis groans.

“What?” Sacred says, interupted from his thoughs.

“Hey, you remember when we first met?” Axis replies, change the subject.

“Heheh…” Sacred vaguely grins. “Yeah, of course. High school back in Adelaide. Not something you could forget easily."

“Nothing like ripping off the school drug guys, eh?” Axis returns the grin. “We shouldn’t have bought more than we could pay for.”

“But it all worked out. Black eyes for them all. I never liked their love of rap music anyway..."

“I still remember wrestling school,” Axis recounts with a slight laugh, scratching his forehead. “That place must have been the crappiest school ever… We knew more than the teachers in six months. And the other students…”

“Damn, they were pathetic,” Sacred agrees with a belated chuckle. “After two months they still couldn’t grasp how to do a scoop slam.”

“I still laugh at how we trained ourselves after that first year.” Axis says.

“We paid a fortune renting that ring.” Sacred glumly replies, remembering well.

“Those were the days…” Axis says, looking out the window, Sacred still eyes Axis suspiciously as a brief silence overcomes the two former friends.

“Why did you leave last year for?” Sacred finally asks., with a hint of frustration in his voice.

“Why did you leave Regeneration X?” Axis shoots back almost immediately, almost demanding an answer.

Another awkward silence follows as each man watches the staff hussle and bussle around the retaurant, not quite sure how to break the silence, until Sacred replies, “Because I just needed to..." Sacred calmly replies, looking at the empty seat across from the table.

“Yet again, you’re thinking about her aren’t you?” Axis asks, knowing the answer anyway.

“So what?” Sacred jumps onto the defensive. “She was my wife, I’m entitled to.”

“Whatever man. You’ve got to get on with your life. Let her go.”

“What was that?" Sacred asks. "You didn't know her like I did, you didn't know! Everyone has their time to greive, even me! But of course, no one seems to care!"

“There’s grieving… But letting it take over your life is just ridiculous. We all have to move on. I did, and look at what I achieved.” Axis says, almost boasting with a hint of a grin showing through. Sacred starts to fume, clenching his fists under the table.

“Well I’m not fucking as good as you, am I?” Sacred shoots back. “There, are you happy?! Axis is the better man! I admit it! What else do you want!?"

“Look…” Axis pauses, staring into Sacred’s cold eyes. “Forget it. I’ll see you later.”

Axis gets up, and walks out of the restaurant, forgetting about ordering his assumed dinner. Sacred watches his former friend leave through the doors, cursing him as he does. Andrew looks down at his plate of food and grunts, pushing it away...

"Ruined my bloody apetite..." he groans, getting up from his seat. He walks through the retaurant, trying to catch up to Axis, but as he reaches the doors, he sees the familiar black Commodore speed past him. Sacred just looks down and shakes his head, finding his own car and getting in. He puts a hand on the steering wheel, just blankly looking ahead, until his head suddenly drops. He weeps...

He bangs his head over and over...

He curses himself...

He thinks of her... he thinks of his past...

He weeps some more...

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"While the Australians fight among themselves, the Canadians will take over the world.

Mothernature says..."

Guest AnnieEclectic

Excellent promo, although not sure what's it's setting up. Although usually that's a good thing :)

And, of course we're taking over the world Stubby, why do you think the world economy is so bad ;)

-Annie

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Axis cameo!

Very interesting tack. Something tells me "face turn" judging by the sympathy you can't help but feel for Sacred after this. I personally think that'd be a mistake, but I have faith in wherever this promo does lead, because it's pretty damn excellent.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Great, great promo. Getting a little Sacred/Axis background is cool, and ripping on JD is always welcome in any promo. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with this character...there are a lot of different things that could work out here. Great job as always, man.

Guest Thoth

It would be neat to see R-X reform. But that would be tricky indeed.

And Stubby's new avatar... I hope that's a female ass. Not that I'm bashing the gay community. Just... I hope that's a female ass.

Guest HVilleThugg

Sacred...you are one messed up individual. Everytime I read one of your promos, I can't help but think that some of it is based on your reality...

Another good promo, hopefully leading to something big for the Aussie.

Da "hey look, he's reading promos now" H