TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Saved By The Bell

Guest Zack Malibu
And I'm curious, but did you guys get Student Bodies in the US?

Only heard that name tossed around, but no, I don't get the show in my area (New England).

Anthony Anderson was also in Exit Wounds with Segal and DMX. He's in a new movie called Barber Shop that's coming out this or next week.

Samantha Becker was in Training Day. She was the girl Ethan Hawke saved from being raped.

Holland Taylor (Dean McMahon from The College Years) has been in other shows, though the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the short-lived "The Powers That Be" sitcom with John Forsythe of Dynasty fame.

Kristen Miller (Ashely from USA High) is on that show She-Spies that NBC aired a few weeks back. I believe it was only airing for a short time, and will debut in syndication soon.

That's all I can think of right now...I'll be back in a little while once I get settled in at work. Keep 'em comin'.

Guest treble charged
OK, now who from the other Engel shows (excluding City Guys, since that just ended) have gone on to better things?

Hang Time:

- Anthony Anderson has been in quite a few movies, most notably as one of Jet Li's punching bags in Romeo Must Die

- Jay Hernandez was the male lead opposite Kirsten Dunst in Crazy/Beautiful

- Reggie Theus is (was?) an announcer on TNT and most recently has been embarrasing himself on Slamball

Which one of those guys (if any) is the one that's in the Mountain Dew commercials?

Guest Zack Malibu
OK, now who from the other Engel shows (excluding City Guys, since that just ended) have gone on to better things?

Hang Time:

- Anthony Anderson has been in quite a few movies, most notably as one of Jet Li's punching bags in Romeo Must Die

- Jay Hernandez was the male lead opposite Kirsten Dunst in Crazy/Beautiful

- Reggie Theus is (was?) an announcer on TNT and most recently has been embarrasing himself on Slamball

Which one of those guys (if any) is the one that's in the Mountain Dew commercials?

Which Mountain Dew commercial?

Guest treble charged

The tall, black guy is in a whole bunch of Mountain Dew commericals. The one I can think of off the top of my head is where he forgets his drink back at the store, so he turns around, flips his car, and grabs it out of a guys hand before he can drink it.

Guest Zack Malibu
The tall, black guy is in a whole bunch of Mountain Dew commericals. The one I can think of off the top of my head is where he forgets his drink back at the store, so he turns around, flips his car, and grabs it out of a guys hand before he can drink it.

The black kid that's the passenger in the car that flips over, in the commercial where Hoobastank's "Crawling In The Dark" plays in the background.

I never payed much attention to it, but I don't think it's anyone from a TNBC show.

Next...

Guest starvenger
Holland Taylor (Dean McMahon from The College Years) has been in other shows, though the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the short-lived "The Powers That Be" sitcom with John Forsythe of Dynasty fame.

I didn't include Holland since she's been in lots of different shows both before and after The College Years. In a similar vein, I didn't list Dick Butkus.

Guest treble charged

I'm 99% sure that the black guy in the car was on Hang Time for a season or two.

Guest Zack Malibu
I'm 99% sure that the black guy in the car was on Hang Time for a season or two.

I'll be damned if I know right now, but next time the commercial's on, I'll have to try and figure it out. But I give props to ya TC...that's probably the most obscure question I've dealt with thus far in the thread.

Up next?

Guest treble charged

Ok, this is the guy I'm thinking of:

gordon_danso_220.jpg

This guy played 'Silk' on Hang Time for a few years, and his name is Danso Gordon. So, unless I'm having a mindfuck of the highest order, this is the same guy that's on that Mountain Dew commerical.

Thanks.

Guest Zack Malibu

Oh shit...his real name on the show was Kenny, right?

OK, I remember this kid now. I'll have to watch that commerical again to be sure if it's him.

Guest Zack Malibu

Oh, as for famous people on the shows-

Ginger the airhead on SBTB was Bridgette Wilson, aka Veronica Vaughn from Billy Madison, and Sonya from Mortal Combat. I know she's been in tons of other things (Wedding Planner, I Know What You Did Last Summer) but figured these would be the most recognizable films that you'd know her from.

Guest hardyz1
California Dreams:

- Kelly Packard was in Baywatch

She's also on Ripley's Believe It or Not

Guest Zack Malibu

One I forgot to mention-Jennie Kwan (Samantha Wu from California Dreams) is now a member of a girl pop band called Nobody's Angel. They must be at least semi-well known, since I've seen singles everywhere, but I don't think I've ever heard them myself.

Guest Zack Malibu
Urban Legends: Final Cut[/b] (filmed at the school that I am currently attending [i want to see this one]).

Eh, I wouldn't waste your time, TC. I've got the Urban Legends DVD set, and part 2 is good for campy entertainment, but it's got Russo-ish swerves, and the payoff is pretty lame. Watch it at your own risk.

The school looks really nice, and seems huge, though.

Don't forget Two Can Play That Game and Exit Wounds when talking of Anthony Anderson. During the credits of Exit Wounds, when he and Tom Arnold are going word for word with each other, it's friggin' hilarious.

Gimme more questions, guys...need something to pass the time at work, lol.

Guest treble charged

I just want to see it to see if I recognize any of the places around campus.

Guest starvenger

I hear ya - I did that for PCU since they filmed it at the University of Toronto.

Anyways, what was up with the "mall" episodes of Hang Time and the New Class? Was it summertime, or the weekend, or what?

Guest Zack Malibu

BML:We covered Dustin recently in the WWE folder, since he was at a show recently. Since SBTB I know he's done stand-up comedy, and has performed in a band, though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it (it talks about it in the People magazine issue that covered some of the older TV shows like SBTB). He's also been trained, or is in training, to wrestle one day. He's appeared in the old Memphis Power Pro territory as an admirer of Stacy Carter, leading to a feud with Jerry Lawler where "Screech" was the heel, but I don't know if he ever actually set foot in the ring at that point.

Starvenger:I think that the mall episodes were just after-school/weekend jobs for the kids, to move them into a new setting other than school/home. Plus, Hang Time still had basketball practice when they were working at the mall, so it had to be during the school year.

Guest Zack Malibu
Don't forget about Screech's foray into the world of celebrity boxing.

Haha, having never seen it, I actually did forget about that. Thanks Treble.

Guest starvenger
BML:We covered Dustin recently in the WWE folder, since he was at a show recently. Since SBTB I know he's done stand-up comedy, and has performed in a band, though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it

Dustin also has a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in the Jon Favreau/Vince Vauhgn movie "Made". And let's not forget that he made mincemeat out of Ron "Horshack" Palillo in Celebrity Boxing 2.

...on second thought, maybe we should forget.

Guest crandamaniac

If I remember correctly, Dustin Diamond's band name is called "Salty and the Pocket Knife". Weird name isn't it?

Guest Zack Malibu
If I remember correctly, Dustin Diamond's band name is called "Salty and the Pocket Knife". Weird name isn't it?

I knew it was Salt something-or-other, but I'm at work, so I don't have the People magazine to grab for reference. Thanks Crandamaniac.

OK, who's next?

Guest starvenger

Not really all that weird, considering there are groups named PuffyAmiYumi, Jimmy Eat World, Finger Eleven (nee Rainbow BUTT Monkeys) etc. You can name your band whatever you want - if you're good (or even semi-good) you'll get noticed.

Guest Zack Malibu
Maybe the Kat left Lawler for Screech!!

She couldn't resist "the blue ones" because they "matched his eyes".

Of course, Bob and I will be the only ones who get that...

Guest crandamaniac

Im still wondering what necessitated the change from Max to James as the main waiter/Head of Max's? What was James's first appearance like? Did they give any reason for Max leaving, or was it just a thing where they all said "Hey, It's James" and never mentioned Max again