TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAxlMorrison

2Pac or Biggie?

Guest JAxlMorrison

This is one of my favorite drunken arguments.....who was better? It seems to me it mostly breaks down that those more into flashier bullshit rap always go for Biggie, and those more into realer rhymes always go for Pac. Me? I pick 2pac.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Tupac, fo sheez. He barely wins though. I liked a lot of Biggie's later stuff.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest evenflowDDT

2Pac all the way... WESTSYDE~!

Seriously though, besides the stereotypical gangsta ish, 2Pac had a lot of songs that had meaning ("Dear Mama", "Keep Ya Head Up", etc.). Granted, I was never inspired by B.I.G.'s singles to check out any of his other songs, but I know of no such songs from him.

Also, for the longest time I couldn't stand Biggie's vocal delivery, it just made me cringe like rubbing styrofoam together.

Guest BionicRedneck

Tupac.

I never liked rap, but I always respected the talent he had. Thanks to Biggie we get P.Diddy today :angry: . Surprisingly, Tupac impressed me most with his acting.

Guest LooseCannon

Biggie. but I guess I'm just into flashier bullshit rap. I dunno, I could never stand tupac.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Tupac or Biggie?

Well...given the choice...

I think I'd shoot Tupac.

(Note: I'M FUCKING KIDDING)

Guest bravesfan
2Pac all the way... WESTSYDE~!

Seriously though, besides the stereotypical gangsta ish, 2Pac had a lot of songs that had meaning ("Dear Mama", "Keep Ya Head Up", etc.). Granted, I was never inspired by B.I.G.'s singles to check out any of his other songs, but I know of no such songs from him.

Also, for the longest time I couldn't stand Biggie's vocal delivery, it just made me cringe like rubbing styrofoam together.

"Changes" blows every Biggie song I've heard out of the water.

I'm not really a fan of either, but Tupac made you "think" with his lyrics. Biggie was more of the "blow his own horn"- P. Diddy crap.

Guest LooseCannon
Tupac or Biggie?

Well...given the choice...

I think I'd shoot Tupac.

(Note: I'M FUCKING KIDDING)

I had a similar joke in my post, but edited it out for fear of offending someone more than I intended to. So I applaud your bravery, I guess.

Guest Incandenza

Tupac. Biggie had skills, but I'm resigned to hate everything Puff Daddy was ever associated with in the music business.

Sean Combs is a decent actor, though. I liked him in Made and Monsters Ball.

Guest LooseCannon

Yeah, he's a shockingly good actor considering how much I hate him. I can't believe Biggie's not getting more love, though. I just can't hold his association with Puffy against him.

Guest ant_7000

As huge rap fan its a tough one for me, Biggie had the style and skills/lyricism. 2pac had a lot of range of emotion in his music (Pain, Keep ya head up, Dear Mama, Brenda had a baby (remember that). Oh yea FUCK YOU METAL for that shit you said.

Guest papacita

For a long time I would've said Biggie, cuz I never really listened to Pac outside of the songs played on the radio, but over the last couple of years, I've been really listening too him and I dunno. I agree with ant though about Biggie being the better lyricist.

Guest ant_7000

A few years ago I would went with Biggie, I think I will go with Pac slightly because Biggie never really had range of emotions or made you think type of songs that Pac had. But, Biggie could rap in any style Fast, Slow, and had better word play than Pac did. I think they are about even in storytelling skills thou.

Guest evenflowDDT
"Changes" blows every Biggie song I've heard out of the water.

Yea, but even though its a great song, I don't even like "Changes" all that much because he steals a bunch of lines from his own "I Wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto", and the beat/hook from some old song that I hear on the radio every so often (although I don't know who its by or what its title is, I'm guessing its "Changes" as well).

Guest Ripper

My problem with Tupac is that he would be all over the place in a song. Like in how do you want it, he is rapping about having sex with a woman, jumps to talking about C. Delores Tucker is trying to keep him down, and back to fucking...Um...what the hell was that. And it Toss It Up. 2 verses about women...all of a sudden he is talking about Dr. Dre....What???

Basically every song that went outside the emotional formula that he had a lot of skill at was most likely garbage. I can't think ofa single Biggie song that was as bad as the bad Tupac songs...if that makes sense.

Biggie was lightyears ahead in the storytelling catagory, word play, and cadence. Pac was the man in the emotional songs and his voice was something to be admired.

I still can't say who is better, but I'll take Biggie by a small step.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

The song where Tupac was talking about C Delores Tucker made sense because the song was called Wonder Why They Call U Bitch. C Delores Tucker had alot to say about people using the word bitch, so that's why he was talking about her too. As far as Tupac versus Biggie, you could listen to Tupac songs and feel what he was saying, but Biggie could drop your draw with his lyrics. I still like Biggie better.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

2Pac I can't stand Biggie and 2Pac always came across as intelligent and he had alot of natural talent.

Guest saturnmark4life

fuck both of em cos Oz was suppoed to be on over here when they showed this bastard documentary.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"LOL

I seriously cracked up at that.

I'd pick 2Pac"

To shoot? If I had to pick someone to shoot, it'd be Biggie because he'd be the bigger target...

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Tupac is way better than Biggie. He has more good songs, relies on less bullshit like female background singers (BIGs Hypnotise is a particularly horrid example of this), he has a better delivery, and his subject material is better. The only bad thing that can be said about Tupac is that he spawned all these shitty rappers that bite off of him like Nas and Ja Rule.

Guest ant_7000

I don't know where you are getting Nas biting Pac (skillwise) from. But I do agree with the Ja Rule Biting Pac's style.