Weezer:

Sonic Youth:

Smashing Pumpkins:

Jimmy Eat World:

Fenix TX:

System of a Down:

Fear Factory:

Pantera:

Not too many this time, but it'll help get things started here.

Guest whatitistoburn

Korn:  Issues was cool, but I suspect the next one will suck.

Weezer:  =W= for life.

Sonic Youth:  Oddly enough, I've never listened to these guys before.

Smashing Pumpkins:  Would have been great if they would have broken up before releasing adore.

Jimmy Eat World:  Bleed American is good, but no where near as bad BUTT as Clarity was.

Fenix TX:  One of my fav bands, Lechuza was bomb.

System of a Down:  Toxicity = cd of the year 2k1.

Fear Factory:  Obsolete was cool, but I didnt really like digimortal.  SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM.

Pantera:  Walk is cool....

Guest JohnSkins

Korn: First couple of album's were good, but then they began to suck.

Weezer: I expect them to conquer the world any day now.

Sonic Youth: Simply awesome.

Smashing Pumpkins: I don't like them as much as people tell me I should, for whatever that's worth.

Jimmy Eat World: What whatitistoburn said, goes here too.

Fenix TX: I liked their first CD better, they're allright live too.

System of a Down: I've been down with these guys ever since I saw them on the second stage of OzzFest in '98

Fear Factory: Awesome live, best CD is Demanufactured.

Pantera: One of my three favorite bands, best live show I've ever been to.

Guest Cameron Chaos

Korn: Each odd numbered album rules, the even numbered ones suck. Even Jon has commented on this himself.

Weezer: Pinkerton rules. The other albums are both good.

Sonic Youth: Not much for Sonic Youth I am afraid.

Smashing Pumpkins: They were pretty solid in retrospect. Even the bad efforts by the band were still good compared to most other bands of the time.

Jimmy Eat World: I have seen them live, and although they hardly look like they are cut out to be rock stars, it seems that may end up being what they become.

Fenix TX: Not much for pop punk.

System of a Down: Good and basic music with a message, but overrated.  

Fear Factory: Pretty devastating live. They are a solid band, but not really a favourite.

Pantera: From hair metal to heavy metal. It's interesting how they changed with the times.

Guest EI Cubano

Korn: I was at one of the first shows that they ever played when the only recorded material they had was one two-song demo tape. I liked a few songs off the first cd but when I go to the mall and see every twelve year old goth in the entire world wearing Korn gear it makes cringe. I kind of grew out of that style of music so I am gonna have to go thumbs down.

Weezer:OVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERATED

Smashing Pumpkins: One of the best bands of their era and I'm glad they didnt stick around 20 years past their peak like other acts.

Jimmy Eat World:great band, "hear you me" is a great song and their two newest cd's are amazing.

Fenix TX: One of my current favorite bands. "TearJerker" and "Paster of Muppets" would both be radio hits if they got on the airwaves.

Pantera: While I am suprised Phil's heroine habit hasnt killed him yet, I don't really like metal that much and besides "Rise", "This Love", and basically everything on Vulgar Display of Power, I was never the biggest fan.

Guest Kinetic

Korn: Sucks.  Just a lot of dumb, incoherent aggression and mistuned guitars.  I cringe when I think of all of the terrible things this band has unleashed onto mainstream music.

Weezer:  First two albums were great, the last one was passable.  Hopefully Rivers will come to his senses and realize that there's no glory in being Blink 182.

Smashing Pumpkins: Everything prior to Billy Corgan shaving his head was strong, if occasionally a little pretentious.  "Adore" wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but "Machina" was a miserable piece of crap.

Jimmy Eat World: Bleh.  Standard emo crap.

Fenix TX:  I don't know.

Pantera:  I loved Pantera in middle school, but couldn't care less about them or metal in general at this point.

Guest Daredevil21

Korn: I liked their forst 3 albums a lot and then suddenly everyone in the world liked them. I wasn't crazy about Issues. Now for the mean time at least, they have kinda fallen out of sight and I'm not gonna start hating on them like so many others, since I still like the old stuff.

Weezer: Haven't heard much of their stuff and I think it's jus ok. Nothing really great. Perhaps I'm not listening to the same band, since there are tons of people I know who just think that these guys are so GREAT.

Sonic Youth: Never really listened.

Smashing Pumpkins: Only heard some of their stuff. I like some of their hits, but I haven't heard much other than that. Good band from what I heard though.

Jimmy Eat World: These guys are tight. I d/l a few of their songs and think they have a good sound.

Fenix TX: Haven't anything but a song or two so I can't really judge.

System of a Down: All my friends don't like these guys at all, which sucks, cause I really like how they have such a unique sound. I have both of their cd's and think they are both really good efforts. Toxicity is a little more loose and off the wall, than their debut album, but that's ok cause the unique sound is still there.

Fear Factory: Not a big fan from the stuff I've heard.

Pantera: I used to like them, but most of their stuff just hurts my head, mang. I have Vulgae and 101 Proof from back in the day, but I haven't listened to them in ages. Gotta love "Walk" though.

Guest ArkhamGlobe

Korn: Bleh.

Weezer: Great.

Sonic Youth: Haven't heard that much, oddly enough, but I liked what I heard.

Smashing Pumpkins: Some great stuff mixed in with some uninspired stuff, but the good outweigh the bad.

Jimmy Eat World: I don't think I've heard a thing by them.

Fenix TX: Who?

System of a Down: Haven't heard enough to form an opinion.

Fear Factory: Not my cup of tea.

Pantera: Not my cup of tea.

Guest Banky

Korn:The Ultimate crap band

Weezer:Great, Pinkerton is the shizzy

Sonic Youth: Decent enough

Smashing Pumpkins:Siamese Dream ruled it

Jimmy Eat World:Pretty indifferent

Fenix TX:Nah

System of a Down:Nope

Fear Factory:Nope

Pantera:Nope

Guest gthureson

Korn: Never understood the hype about them myself.

Weezer: Amusing and entertaining, but thats about it.

Sonic Youth: When your are in the right mood, SY is great.

Smashing Pumpkins: Utter self-indulgent, throwback to 70s superbands.  But thats what they were going for.  A few really good songs, but I never really got into them.

Jimmy Eat World: I gave them a try because people kept talking them up.  Didn't hear what all the fuss was about.

Fenix TX:  Eh? Only place I've heard about them is people talking about them on this group.

System of a Down:  Pretty derivative.  Nothing original.

Fear Factory: Occassionally interesting.

Pantera:  Never been my scene.

Guest JohnSkins

Reposting now that I have my account straightened out...

Korn: First couple of album's were good, but then they began to suck.

Weezer: I expect them to conquer the world any day now.

Sonic Youth: Simply awesome.

Smashing Pumpkins: I don't like them as much as people tell me I should, for whatever that's worth.

Jimmy Eat World: What whatitistoburn said, goes here too.

Fenix TX: I liked their first CD better, they're allright live too.

System of a Down: I've been down with these guys ever since I saw them on the second stage of OzzFest in '98

Fear Factory: Awesome live, best CD is Demanufactured.

Pantera: One of my three favorite bands, best live show I've ever been to

Guest The Vanilla Midget

Korn: I really loved their earlier stuff, though i wasnt terribly impressed by the last album.  heres hoping for the new one...

Weezer:havent heard too much so i wont comment

Sonic Youth:ditto

Smashing Pumpkins: not a huge fan, though i really enjoyed 1979 when it was first released

Jimmy Eat World:never heard of them

Fenix TX:i dont like them, but then im not a fan of most of their genre

System of a Down:since they came down here to australia for the big day out a few weeks ago i have been really into them.  probably my fave band atm.

Fear Factory:i enjoyed listening to them, though i havent listened to them for a fair while now...

Pantera:i dont mind them, but then i dont really like them either, so bleh

Guest Don Becker

Korn:  Liked the first album, and the song "Got The Life" is OK, but beyond that I don't care for them.

Weezer:  I do not understand their appeal whatsoever.

Sonic Youth:  Brilliant.  Simply brilliant.

Smashing Pumpkins:  Great up until Mellon Collie, but they couldn't pull off prog rock pomposity.

Jimmy Eat World:  Heard one song, thought it sucked.

Fenix TX:  Never heard them.

System of a Down:  See Jimmy Eat World.

Fear Factory:  They did that awesome cover of Shock The Monkey... no, wait, that was Coal Chamber.  See Fenix TX.

Pantera:  If I'd heard Cowboys From Hell when I was still into metal, I probably would've liked it a lot, but ultimately I have no feelings towards them either way.

Guest TUS_02

Korn:I like the singles, nothing beats cranking Make Me Bad at 10 in the morning trying wake up the suitemates...

Weezer:  These are mah boys.  They've been my favorite band for.... I dont know how long.  I'm surprised there are a lot of people here who have Pinkerton... It's my favorite album ever.

Sonic Youth:  Couldn't tell you

Smashing Pumpkins: I think they are a great band, but with what happened to Chamberlain... they were just never the same.

Jimmy Eat World: I like "The Middle" and that's about it... I still don't understand the hype they get.

Fenix TX: Can't comment.

System of a Down: I saw them during the Summer Sanatarium Tour and didn't think much about them... at the start of the school year though... the only thing played between my 3 room mates was Chop Suey... literatly, so eventually, I started to like them as I found some of their older songs.  

Fear Factory: I really like their single they released in the summer, but I forget the name of it... Can a brotha get some help?

Pantera: I'd be lying if I said I heard anything other then Cemetary Gates and Walk.

Guest hardyz1

Korn:  Pretty good

Weezer:  Awesome

Sonic Youth:  Don't know much of them

Smashing Pumpkins:  Not bad

Jimmy Eat World:  Not bad

Fenix TX:  Not bad

System of a Down:  Awesome, had best album of 2001

Fear Factory:  Don't know much of them

Pantera:  Not my thing

Guest Cameron Chaos

TUS 02, I think you are referring to the song Lynchpin by Fear Factory.

Guest LooseCannon

Korn:  Weak

Weezer:  Decent

Sonic Youth:  Great Band.

Smashing Pumpkins:  Way, Way, Way Overrated

Jimmy Eat World:  Kinda Bland

Fenix TX:  Not Familiar

System of a Down:  Not familiar.

Fear Factory:  Not familiar.

Pantera:  Cowboys From Hell, and Vulgar Display are good, everything else sucks.

Guest TUS_02
TUS 02, I think you are referring to the song Lynchpin by Fear Factory.

Yes!  That's it.  Thank you!

Guest JJBottersMom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Korn: Decent, put on a killer live show, no completly solid albums.

Weezer: A tad on the overated side, I mean they're good but not that good.

Sonic Youth: Opinionated, but not fantastic, a little jealous maybe.

Smashing Pumpkins: Some high quality stuff, but some low quality stuff. A very middle band.

Jimmy Eat World: Fantastic, Bleed American is awesome. "Hear You Me" is a wonderful song, great live too.

Fenix TX: Terrible live.

System of a Down: AWESOME LIVE, great albums. One of my top 5 bands.

Fear Factory: Like what I've heard.

Pantera: Far Beyond Driven rules the school

Guest Nevermortal

Korn: Self Titled/Life is Peachy were good, the later 2 albums sucked. HARD. Issues was absolutely shit.

Weezer: Liked Blue & Green. Haven't heard Pinkerton.

Sonic Youth: Have never heard them

Smashing Pumpkins: Awesome. The Double Album absolutely kicked asses and took names.

Jimmy Eat World: Haven't heard them.

Fenix TX: I've heard one song, and its standard pop punk.

System of a Down: Awesome. "Fuck the System" is playing right now.

Fear Factory: Great stuff. I love "Edgecrusher".

Pantera: One of the best Heavy Metal bands ever. Haven't heard a Pantera song that I didn't like.

Guest Sassquatch

Korn: Sniveling little bastards

Weezer: I don't really don't care about them.

Sonic Youth: Good but never reached the top like they could have.

Smashing Pumpkins: Great band during a flood of shit

Jimmy Eat World: Decent

Fenix TX: Blah

System of a Down: Kind've the only "nu metal" band that I like.  I'm not crazy about them but they aren't TOO bad.

Fear Factory: Sue me, I like them.  Jerry Lynn also used their song "Scapegoat" as his entrance theme song.

Pantera: They have some good songs.  The rest is "eh" to me.  Not one of my favorite metal bands.

Guest Narcoleptic Jumper

Korn: One of my favorite bands, ever.  The S/T was amazing.

Weezer: They're cool.

Sonic Youth: Eh.

Smashing Pumpkins: Awful.

Jimmy Eat World: Eh.

Fenix TX: Eh.

System of a Down: AWFUL.

Fear Factory: Eh.

Pantera: Eh.

Guest Choken One

Korn: Loved them back  before they become TRLized. Although they still made a few decent songs. Need to be Hard again and put on  Great show.

Weezer-OVER RATED. Boring Show. Fans are the biggest Loser marks in the world. 85% frequent here however.

Sonic Youth-Never caught them.

Smashing Pumpkins-One of the better Alt. bands. Good Show.

Jimmy Eat World: Reminds me of Weezer too much and that's a bad thing.

Fexix Tx-Aside from their connection with Blink182, decent band.

System of a Down: Toxicity one the best of 2k1. Fun show.

FearFactory: Nothing Much to say.

Pantera: WALK to get the Album should you not already own it.

Guest spliffstar

Korn: Used to like 'em in my younger days, but the novelty they had has since worn off.

Weezer-I dig these guys quite a bit, but I am baffled as to how their last album got any positive reviews.

Sonic Youth- Not a huge fan, but I've heard a few songs I dig.  They seem to be one of those bands that lots of people claim to love even though they never listen to 'em.

Smashing Pumpkins-Great band at one time.  "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" is a persoal fave.  Didn't dig their last couple CDs.  Is Machina II (the internet album) any good?

Jimmy Eat World: Saw these guys at a concert opening for Weezer and Tenacious D.  It was absolutely the worst performance I have ever seen in my life.  Putrid, pop-rock crap.

Fexix Tx-Not too familiar with.  The one song I heard I know I didn't care for.

System of a Down: Toxicity rocked.  These guys are the present and future of metal, no doubt.

FearFactory: Haven't heard much.

Pantera: These guys put on a blisteringly intense show.  One of my favorite concert experiences, though the skinhead mosh pit in the back of the auditorium was scary.

Guest Shaved Bear

Korn:pretty ok, cant take them seriously, being irish i used to like the bagpipes

Weezer:havent heard enough of them to really judge

Sonic Youth:(look at weezer)

Smashing Pumpkins:horrible

Jimmy Eat World:funny name...

Fenix TX:uhhhh....didnt they do a song for an mtv movie i think

System of a Down:I like them, first album was better

Fear Factory:eh, overrated

Pantera:awesome, intense, heavy, and aggressive  Insane live show, they give so much to the crowd, really some good stuff to mosh to

Guest WarMachine

Korn: My opinion dropped after buying Issues. I still think the cd was decent, just not a best effort. I don't think they're to blame for the nu-metal trend though. They never knew of the plague they were about to unleash upon the world. And as someone said above, the novelty has definitely worn off.

Weezer: They're alright. Not very high on my list though.

Sonic Youth: They had their heyday when I was into rap. Yes, I was once big on rap, before I realized most of it undoubtedly sucks.

Smashing Pumpkins: I like 'em. Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness was one of the best albums I'd heard, for the time anyway. Though Machina was terrible.

Jimmy Eat World: I like.

Fenix TX: I don't like.

System of a Down: First album was definitely better. IMO, they've been MTV-ized already. Definitely not a good thing.

Fear Factory: Digimortal was bad.

Pantera: I'm currently working on getting all albums.

Guest Frank Zappa Mask

Korn:  Still heavier than most of their imposters

Weezer:  Their 1st two albums are bonafide rock classics

Sonic Youth:  They make some sick, beautiful noise

Smashing Pumpkins: This band knew how to rock, and that's all you need.

Jimmy Eat World: Bleck

Fenix TX: Bleck

System of a Down:  They CRUSH, but I have to agree a bit on their "MTV-ization"

Fear Factory: Never heard them

Pantera:  Well, they are Pantera......

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Korn: Whiny, bitchy, but the MUSIC is cool.

Weezer: Not a big fan, not exactly my thing, but I've liked what I've heard.

Sonic Youth: Damn good alternative band.

Smashing Pumpkins: 'Tis a shame they disbanded...they kicked all sorts of ass.

Jimmy Eat World: Not my thing.

Fenix TX: I hate pop/punk.

System of a Down: Damn great motherfucking band.

Fear Factory: Damn these guys used to kick ass...too bad Obsolete and Digimortal looks to show the future trend of their music, which is sad. Good albums, but not as good as their earlier work.

Pantera: I AM THE NIGHT! POWER METAL!!! METAL MAGIC!!!!! Hey, "props" for going from glam into a damn great metal band.

Guest TheyCallMeMark

I'll go guy STAR RATINGS HARRR and small explanantions, perhaps.

Korn: Music is cool, some of their singing is cool, definatly groovy, though they don't have what really makes bands great. Entertaining, and you sure as hell could do worse.  ***

Weezer: Generic, somehwat boring, though they do have quite a few good songs. **3/4

Smashing Pumpkins: One good song I have heard, the rest is shit. DUD.

Jimmy Eat World: See Weezer. **3/4

System of a Down: Somewhat ingenuetive, though it pains me when this sort of thing happens to a band. The thing being the fact that the single completely puts the rest of their ablum to shame and makes the listening experience barely worth it. **3/4

Fear Factory: Garbage. Even worse than the Pumpkins. DUD.

Pantera: Class act, fucking awesome. Great all around band. You basically get what you pay for, solid songs with absolute awesomeness interspersed throughout. ****

Guest ratboy

Korn: Decent, but spotty. Good singles. As far as so-called "mook" bands go, I don't mind them one bit.

Weezer: Not insame for them, but I enjoy and respect them. Last record was ehh, but the live show is fun and the songs are typically well-written.

Sonic Youth: Too esoteric at times. They were headed down an interesting path with Washing Machine, I thought, but then it kinda went elsewhere. Made some trippy records in their time, though.

Smashing Pumpkins: Dug 'em, but poor live show. Better back in my HS days, when I could yelp along and obsess over Siamese Dream. Last few records were really erratic, but not as bad as most folks would have you believe.

Jimmy Eat World: Promising and fun. I dig "The Middle"

Fenix TX: I love the song "Threesome". it's catchy. Haven't heard much of the rest of their stuff, though.

System of a Down: Better than I originally gave them credit for. Could see them filling the RATM slot.

Fear Factory: Have only heard of, soory.

Pantera: Were decent, and always great live, but last few albums...Ehh.