TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Strike Force!

Why are computer techs such pricks?

Guest Strike Force!

The IT at my job can be just a total queer to people. What is it about these dudes that makes them think they can treat people like crap. My cubicle is right next to our tech guys' cubicle and I've heard him be just a total fag to customers, and just people in general.

Guest BobbyBacklund

I don't think that you hate him because he is an ass, I think you hate because he is a "queer" and a "fag", heh...

Guest Ripper

Ok seriously, 99.999999999% of the time, people that need IT help messed it up and are asking really stupid questions. If you talk to the IT person in the begaining of the day, then they are pretty cool. By the end of the day, they are so tired of hearing stupid ass ignorant questions, people deserve it.

Guest DrTom

Believe me, when you work in IT, you understand why that attitude is so prevalent.

There are the uninformed, who know practically nothing about how their PC works. Often, they can't even describe their problem past, "It's broken." Some of these people are brand new to computers, while others have been using them for years and have chosen to remain ignorant.

There are the people with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Often, they'll go ahead and install something, or configure something, or download something on their own, because they "know the simple stuff." Usually, they end up screwing up their systems, so the IT staff has to go and fix someone's stupid mistakes.

I deal with a lot of people in those 2 categories, but then again, the government does tend to have a good number of stupid, uninformed people on its payroll.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Hmm, in my experiences it seemed that the tech guys (no gals, sorry feminists) had this power trip because only "they" could fix the server/system problems. Then again, it was only appropriate because they were the ones that installed the faulty devices...

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I'm a tech guy and I'm not a prick.

..but dear god..some people just don't learn..