TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Czech Republic

When was the last time

Guest The Czech Republic

I'll tell you something, I was deathly ill from Monday to Wednesday this week. I know, sounds silly to be so sick for just three days, but I swear, I was hit HARD. I don't know what it was, but I was lethargic, dizzy, and I had no appetite at all. And when you have a metabolism like me that requires a lot of food per day (and I still keep my weight under control, to the world's surprise), well, you're miserable. I toughed it out and went to school, because you can't miss days this early in the game, but I slept thorugh most of my non-exciting courses, slept when i got home, did not eat a thing (just drank milk and water), and basically just fealt like a shadow of my normal illustrious self. By Thursday I was feeling a tiny bit better, and finally mustered up the power to sit in front of a computer again. It wasn't until earlier today that I could get back on the bike and return to touring the roads of Illinois.

So when was the last time you've been really sick? By the way, once I miss two or so days here, it's pretty hard to get back into the swing of things.

EDIT: Hey, it's #800, yay.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I've never been really genuinely sick. I've had the flu no more than half a dozen times in my life, and mild food poisoning a few times, but never anything where I was bedridden. I almost never catch colds either, which is amazing considering I have the diet of a cockroach and smoke about 2 packs a day.

Guest J*ingus

Well, I get regular colds and stomach bugs, but for REALLY sick, I'd have to go back two years ago to a nasty bout of pneumonia I had. My fever got up to 105 F, and I was hallucinating every time I shut my eyes. Put me in the hospital for a week or so, that was fun.

Guest Vitamin X

The last time I was genuinely fucked was when I got home from Sunset one day, and I didn't quite feel right. The next morning, I puked (and I counted, me of course being the sick little bitch I am) 18 times, with the biggest/worst ones being #1, 2, 9, and 13. It was pretty funny, by the 5th one I had started counting them out loud while my mom listened and sometimes gazed upon in sheer horror and mild concern. Oh, never mind I forgot #17 was really bad too..I don't know what it was, but it must have been food poisoning or something or a stomach flu, and what's worse is I don't have any medical insurance, and even worse I don't like going to doctor's (I feel the majority of the time you can make yourself better by just getting a lot of rest, water, and some over the counter medicine and you're good to go). I just absolutely could not swallow anything and when I first was able to eat solid food I did a little dance of joy. Unfortunately this also made me missm y entire first semester of college because I was taking only once a week classes and when I came back, I was totally lost so I dropped and got my money back.

Right now I think I'm having very mild bronchitus (maybe a recurring condition from 7 years ago when I was 12 and totally bedridden with it, and after I got better had major coughing problems), because I'm coughing like mad but not necesarily sick. Haven't tried treating it yet though, because I've been so busy...What, with sleeping and such...

Guest Phr33k

In February, bronchitis and pneumonia at the same time, and the medicine made me so dizzy that I couldn't stand up. That eventually turned into exercise-induced asthma. At one point, I coughed so hard that I threw my back out, during gym class, and I think my gym teacher thought I faked it, so he gave me 77% the last two terms of the year.

Guest NazMistry

I have never been sick enough to miss a day of school, college, work whatever.

But last February I had to take two days off of college because I could hardly move.

I don't know what it was, but it went before I could see a doctor.

All I could do was sit in bed and watch the Suddenly Susan marathon, which was the only remotely interesting thing on. By the end of the two days, I hated the show but wanted to bone Brooke Shields.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Earlier this year, like in April or May, I was completely grounded for 3 solid days with something, and then it went and no traces of illness were to be found.

Guest goodhelmet

right now, as we speak, i am sick. stuffy nose, head cold, flu like symptoms. everytime the weather changes, i get sick!