TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EL DANDY~!

Every five years...

I have come to the conclusion that in 1989, it started off like this. Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair had a perfect match in 89, Misawa/Kawada had a perfect match ALONG with Owen/Bret in 94, and Chris Benoit and Bret had a perfect match in 99. So my question is...

Who will be the people involved in the perfect match for 2004?

Guest Sandman9000

Benoit and Angle, probs.

Provided neither suffers any major injury.

Who knows what will be happening in two years?

Hell, I could say Sean O'Haire and Justice Pain, and have a reasonable shot.

Guest Youth N Asia

C.M. Punk vs Chris Jericho...WWE Smackdown November 2004

Just a guess though...

Guest Youth N Asia

Slim J couldn't have a **** match is his life was on the line..just a spot monkey

Guest Incandenza
Incandenza, you never saw...the MARATHON match the two had...BAM! *****, PERFECTION

What?

Guest J*ingus
Slim J couldn't have a **** match is his life was on the line..just a spot monkey

I would disagree with that, I'd say he's an underrated worker, not to mention only being 17 years old, and ring psychology does tend to improve with age.

Guest godthedog
Incandenza, you never saw...the MARATHON match the two had...BAM! *****, PERFECTION

dear god, no...the last 20 minutes or so WERE perfect wrestling, but for almost the entire first half of the match, owen does an ungodly amount of stalling, and then has bret in a chinlock for seven minutes just before the midpoint. yes, i timed it, it was seven minutes. they tried to make it interesting, but it just went...on...so...long. either they were really saving themselves up for the big finish or somebody was in less-than-great ring shape.

legend has it they also did an 'i quit' match sometime in 94. has anyone seen it?

Guest Incandenza

Oh, I assumed he meant the Wrestlemania match. Some people argue that Owen's early rest hold kept the match from *****, but it was only a brief one, and the rest of the match was goddamn beautiful that it overcame the minor flaw.

A seven minute chinlock? Get out!

I still don't see how the sleeper deducts a 1/4*. Fuck it...ok. ***** at WM 10. Anyways...I was thinking along the lines of Modest/Daniels vs. Guerrero/Benoit.

Guest Ravenbomb

a double elimination 4 way match. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. OuTtKaSt vs. American Dragon

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

Watch Slim J vs. Jeremy V. from NWA Wildside Freedom Fight 2002, and Slim vs. Red (from this week's Wildside TV). It's a completely different view of Slim J from the TNA show.

Raven Bomb, trade me FUCKING Outtkast and I'll GIVE you Mike Modest...

So then you have the full circle...

AJ Styles vs. Mike Modest vs. Chris Daniels vs. American Dragon

AJ hates Daniels and Dragon

Modest DISPISES Daniels

Dragon hates Daniels and AJ

Chris could care less who he fights, but he will SOOOOOO get into an ass kicking contest with Modest...WHOOOOO!

Guest Ravenbomb

wrestler from GCW (Gateway Championship Wrestling). He looks like one of the Hardy Boyz and his gimmick is pretty much an indy rip-off of Raven but wrestling-wise he's totally awesome

Guest Ravenbomb

this is OuTtKaSt

outtkast.jpg

and I know the background is weird, but I think that's just a generic background for the profile photos or something

Guest goodhelmet

if american dragon ever gets to strut his stuff on a national stage, i could see him being involved in a super-classic by 2004. hell, he's been wrestling for all of 3-4 years now. just think what that guy can do with a couple more years under his belt.

Guest Midnight Express83

This whole 5 year plan is flawed because just about every year there is a 5 star match. So who can say what will be 5 stars in 2004 and 2009.

Guest Tod deKindes

I'd give anything for Ric Flair to go all out and give one last GOOD match with someone the caliber of a Chris Benoit. Give him three months off to train if need be.