TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest Mole

I just watched Hush, on the Buffy marathon, and by god, that was one of the best episodes I've EVER seen. Having nobody being able to talk, and still have a great story like that was amazing. The whole storyline of that season was advanced so much; her finding out about Riley/Riley finding out about Buffy, Tara/Willow's relationship. Plus, plenty of good laughs to go along with it. Like when Spike drank the blood from the fridge, and Anya was laying down and it looked like he just bit her. So Xander just attacked Spike, that was classic. And when Willow asked how do we kill the guys, Buffy made the motion of stabbing them, but it looked like she was jackin off was great.

Plus, those bad guys were fucking scary looking. If I saw guys like that, I'd bug the fuck out.

Guest Kagato Otaku

Wow.

Who voted for "Buffy vs. Dracula" in the marathon?

Drac's name-value or Dawn's first appearance must of pushed this one up there, as few BtVS eps are up to this level of cheese.

Guest Mole

This ep wasn't all that good? I thought it would be interesting seeing the most famous Vampire's ever. I was watching Smackdown, so I only saw her kill him.

I have seen the next one, Fool for Love, so I'm not going to switch back and fourth.

Guest Madmartigan21
Wow.

Who voted for "Buffy vs. Dracula" in the marathon?

Drac's name-value or Dawn's first appearance must of pushed this one up there, as few BtVS eps are up to this level of cheese.

What a misused opportunity THAT was. Dracula used, killed, and most importantly wasted in a throw away episode. THEE vampire of vampires could have been and should have been updated for the time and made into a very interesting Buffy villain. In fact when I was originally thought that he could have been the Big Bad for that season. He's so different from all the vampires that have been on the show, I thought it could have worked really well. It was aggrivating to see him in not much more than a comedy role.

Guest Youth N Asia

Drac blows except for Xander's funny parts...and I still like the idea that Drac was really just a pussy

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...

Did Buffy just tell Spike "You're beneath me" in that ep?

Guest Lil Naitch

I'm watching "The Body", and this episode has me in near tears, and I don't even cry at funerals. If they didn't air commercials right after the devestating parts, I would be crying. Why this episode didn't win an emmy, I'll never know.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Gellar should have nailed at least a friggin nomination by this point. She has to do more (comedy, drama, action) than any of the "dramatic" hacks that usually take home the emmy.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

Yeah she does, BPS. Me and Edwin noticed that a week or so ago when they aired that on FX. That was the first thing that came to both of our heads.

Guest Cavi
hmm...

Did Buffy just tell Spike "You're beneath me" in that ep?

Oh, indeed she did...

I'm watching "The Body" at the moment. This episode still amazes me, even after seeing it a ton of times. Fucking bullshit it didn't win any Emmys, not to mention getting any nominations in the first place.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...The Gift is up next.

I only caught 5 eps today and 4 of them were the ones that made me...you know...sniffle a little...cause I don't cry because I'm HARDCORE!!!!

I caught Becoming part 2...which gets me. (And it came on during dinner...so I made my mom watch it too...even she friggin cried after I explained what was going on and then she saw the end)

The Wish...which I don't really cry at...but I get choked up when Giles breaks the thing and says that the next world will be better "because it has to be"

I caught the Body...which gets me good.

And now the Gift. I don't really care so much when Buffy dies...but I get choked up a little when Spike breaks down when he sees her and knows he has failed.

Guest Kagato Otaku

"The Gift"

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Yup. See how big a bitch Buffy is in "The Gift", how she jeopardizes the whole planet, and then cheer her death as she takes the plunge off Glory's tower in the Deaux Ex Machina to end ALL Deaux Ex Machinas (nevermind Olaf's sudden upgrade to Troll-God).

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"Tabula Rasa" was #2

and "Smashed" is the last ep...but I don't beleive and or know how it could have been voted #1

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't think so.

A few eps ago they said was voted like...# 14.

then they ran what they said was #3, then #2...

I don't know what number this was.

Guest Cavi

Like last year's marathon, they showed the episodes in chronological order. I believe Hush was number one yet again.

Guest Cavi

With a bit of help from my sister, as I didn't start watching until Something Blue.

#11 - Angel

#10 - Halloween

#8 - Becoming - Part I

#9 - Becoming - Part II

#6 - The Wish

#7 - Dopplegangland

#4 - Something Blue

#1 - Hush

#13 - Buffy vs. Dracula

#5 - Fool For Love

#12 - The Body

#3 - The Gift

#2 - Tabula Rasa

#14 - Smashed

Guest Kingpk

Does FX not have the rights to Graduation Day or something? I wanted so much to see that damn episode but they never showed it and went right to Season 4.

Guest Youth N Asia

They played the eps in chronlogical order...not in the order they ranked.

And starting Monday FX is showing season 6...I kinda hope they go back to the one episode a day format instead of two. And I'll watch season 6 over again and hope it's better the 2nd time though, season 5 was.

I'm suprised "Passion" or "Restless" didn't make the list...at least one of them over "Halloween"

Guest Cavi
Does FX not have the rights to Graduation Day or something?  I wanted so much to see that damn episode but they never showed it and went right to Season 4.

They have shown both Graduation Day episodes every other time, but for some reason, they didn't air them in this last run. That goes for some other eps as well - Amends, Earshot, The Prom, The Freshman, Living Conditions, Wild At Heart, Superstar, and Into the Woods weren't show either (though Earshot and Superstar were just shown early morning, yesterday and today, respectively). I really don't have a clue as to why, as all have aired on FX before.

It looks like Once More With Feeling, Two To Go, and Grave from Season Six won't be making the trip to FX just yet. In this case, I bet UPN still has them.

Guest Max Danger
I'm watching "The Body", and this episode has me in near tears, and I don't even cry at funerals. If they didn't air commercials right after the devestating parts, I would be crying. Why this episode didn't win an emmy, I'll never know.

The part of "The Body' that ALWAYS brings the tears for me is Anya's part. When her and Xander go to pick up Willow and Tara. She asks if they're going to see the body. And when Willow gets mad at her, she breaks down, because she just doesn't understand any of it. ALWAYS gets me.

I watched the first two and a half seasons, and then stopped watching TV pretty much altogether. The first episode I saw after that(I've caught up with everything on FX) was "The Body". Two and a half seasons later. Anya was new to me(as Xander's girlfriend anyway) and the Willow/Tara relationship was REALLY new to me(flipped to that channel right as they are kissing, freaked me out :)).

I wasn't even aware of who died. Then Anya does her speech. Got me. Then I saw it in full on FX, and man, got me again.

Buffy is a very emotionally draining show, which is why I love it.

Guest Mole

The part of "The Body' that ALWAYS brings the tears for me is Anya's part. When her and Xander go to pick up Willow and Tara. She asks if they're going to see the body. And when Willow gets mad at her, she breaks down, because she just doesn't understand any of it. ALWAYS gets me.

I watched the first two and a half seasons, and then stopped watching TV pretty much altogether. The first episode I saw after that(I've caught up with everything on FX) was "The Body". Two and a half seasons later. Anya was new to me(as Xander's girlfriend anyway) and the Willow/Tara relationship was REALLY new to me(flipped to that channel right as they are kissing, freaked me out :)).

I wasn't even aware of who died. Then Anya does her speech. Got me. Then I saw it in full on FX, and man, got me again.

Buffy is a very emotionally draining show, which is why I love it.

Yeah, I was about to say that, Anya's speech was pretty sad. She didn't understand any of it because she was just turned human, and demon's don't have emotions, correct?

One thing I noticed about The Body was that there wasn't much music involved with it, did they do this on purpose? Or am I wrong?

The saddest episode to me is defiently Becoming Part II. I mean, how can you get any sadder then that. Angel, just comes back to being his lovely self again, and Buffy, well has to do what she has to do. If anything, it is the most bittersweet ending I've ever seen.

Buffy defiently deserves to win an Emmy for SOMETHING. I doubt it ever will because it is on UPN. The only show to win something on the other 2 was the Gilmore Girls, which I don't understand at all. Actually, I remember hearing that John Ritter got an Emmy for his role in Buffy as the robot guy. I maybe wrong, but that is what I herad.

James should get an Emmy this year. Hands down. If not the actually Emmy, atleast an nomination. He probably won't because Sopranos are going to win everything in the drama categorie.

Sign in to follow this