TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

MTV's Dismissed: 9/19

It's been talked about quite often that most of MTV's programming is pretty bad and doesn't even focus on music anymore. Most people shit on shows like Dismissed...but just like a car accident, when its on, I can't help but watch. I normally don't watch every day, but the previews showed me something pretty damn funny so I stayed...it did its job and it was just so damn funny, it urged me to write about it.

Ok, for those of you who don't know what it is, Dismissed is a "dating" show where for the first half, one guy is wooed by two girls and the second half a girl is wooed by two guys. At the end of each date, they dismiss the person they liked the least.

The first date was this one guy, a regular joe schmoe and he was set up with two girls....a thin blonde and a curvy brunette. The brunette seems to have the better personality...

So, the blonde girl chooses where they'll go first and she takes them to a boxing club. The girls get in the ring the brunette is just having a good time and the blonde looks really focused. They start sparring a bit, nothing too hard and then all of a sudden...a HARD right cross from the blonde catches the brunette. She starts CRYING and yelling about how this is supposed to be fun, no one was supposed to be hurt...etc. She pulls out the "you're not even trying to get to know him" card and I'm crackin up over here.

The brunette's part of the date.....is a pool party at her house. Everyone strips down to their bathing suits and the brunette is BANGIN! The brunette pulls out the "Time Out" card, meaning she gets 20 mins. alone with the guy. So, she's talking to him, lying down on a bed near the pool when he just kisses her out of the blue. Looks like she's in the lead. The blonde in her confessional says "We click on everything....but I just don't like the way he looks". The guy in his confessional moment says that they're neck and neck.

Blondie comes back and gets HER Time Out with him. He asks to kiss her and does...and then they dance for a bit. He makes his decision and dismisses the blonde. The brunette is happy. They show a few more clips of that BRUTAL Right Cross....oh man that was just hilarious.

Then there's the girls part. The girl is 22 and hasn't dated in a while...

The two guys, one guy has frosted hair and is wearing a black T-shirt with a 8-bit Nintendo controller on it. The other has a hat on and a plaid shirt... Not exactly what you'd wear to go on a date. The girl shows up and the guy with the hat hugs her immediately, completely molesting her back. Its his date....and he chooses to take her to a bar. Her confessional she says "...a strip mall bar is just..lame". He keeps making fun of Nintendo guy because of his hair, calling him a Backstreet Boy the whole time. Finally, the guy says...."you say it again, and I will beat your ass". Hat guy says, "Hows Justin and the rest of the guys?", and Nintendo guy flips his hat off. They start punching each other, throwing each other all over the place until the girl hits them both over the head with beer bottles. Turns out the REAL date was a bar fight that was all choreographed. Hat guy has a really bad lisp and isn't too smart. He needed 8 takes because he kept messing up.

Second guy's date was a nice restaurant. The two guys are just BICKERING like little fucking children and she keeps saying "BOYS! STOP IT!". This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Hat guy, who isn't wearing a hat anymore, gets his time out....and he tries to kiss her, but she gives him THE CHEEK~! He tries 4 more times and strikes out each time. She's being REALLY sarcastic with him about how good of a time she's having.

Nintendo guy, now dressed relatively normal, comes back and gets his time out. He's a lot more smoother and kisses her...the girls confessional "I was going to dismiss the other guy.....but he's just a HORRIBLE kisser". Oh man....this is great. Decision time....

The former Hat guy just can't keep his foot out of his mouth and gets dismissed. The winner asks the girl...."was there any doubt?" "None."

Oh man....this episode amused me so much, I wish I taped it.

.....Yes, I'm bored.

Dames

Guest Kotzenjunge

Geez. That's the first time I've ever heard the competition get THAT heated. I mean, the opponents are always rough on each other more because they don't want to lose on TV rather than actually hook up, but these two examples took it to an extreme. I always forget to watch this. For my money, Taildaters and BLIND DATE~! are a little better, with BLIND DATE~! kicking all the other dating shows' asses.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Good God. What ever happened to my old MTV?

Answer me this, what happens after the one person is dismissed? Do they go out again or what...

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Oooook.

No dream vacation for 2 or anything like that? Yeesh, I hope at least MTV pays for the motel room they'll use later on that night...

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I think there are too many stupid dating shows on TV now as it is. The worst one is the one with the guy from Who's Line where they do a panel discussion of the date, I think its called Rendez-View or something. LAME!

Im still ticked off that I missed the episode of Shipmates with Aria (someone, forget who, has her in their sig..)

Oh man, I was just talking with Kotzenjunge about Shipmates. Three days on a cruise ship....its a great show when they don't get along, and they're stuck for the rest of the trip.

Dames

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

What's that one where they use the pop-up bubbles? That show is one where if it's 3 am and I'm channel surfing, I'll put the remote down for a while and watch...

Guest Kotzenjunge

KKK, you're thinking of Blind Date, the BEST one out. It comes on at three there? Criminal, sez I.

And bite your tongue, Nevermortal. Silly voyeuristic dating shows are entertainment GOLD!!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest godthedog

my roommate and i eat it up with a spoon...'dismissed', 'rendez-view', 'elimidate', '5th wheel', all of it. i never feel better about myself as a human being than when i'm watching how stupid and inconceivably shallow those people are. whenever i think about how i might be bad or useless because of something i did or something about the way i am, i can just think of those shows and realize, "wow...it could be so much worse."

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Yeah, but think. At least those guys (or gals, if you prefer) have a chance at some action...

Of course after watching one of these shows, I thank my luck stars I don't have to put up with any of that crap now...

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I don't like the Dismissed kind of shows, but Blind Date is entertaining at times.

Guest godthedog
Yeah, but think. At least those guys (or gals, if you prefer) have a chance at some action...

Of course after watching one of these shows, I thank my luck stars I don't have to put up with any of that crap now...

eh...if i was watching it when i was 16, before i'd gotten any action, i'd probably want to kill myself, & i'd be thinking "i can't get a girl but these vacuous perverts can?" now, after i've gotten repeated action from attractive girls, it's not a problem for me. :D

Guest Kotzenjunge

I haven't gotten repeated action from attractive girls, but I still love these programs. Blind Date was superb tonight.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge