TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One And Only WWE Unforgiven Thread

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I love how they had Edge lose in meaningless tag matches so that Eddy can job at the ppv again.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

If by "something cool" you mean HHH dominating RVD with his slow offense for 20 minutes before RVD gets a fluke rollup following interference for the fake title....

then you, sir...are in luck

Guest Slapnuts00

Theoretical question: let's say RVD wins the "World" title. Where do you go from there?

Guest ISportsFan
They better be saving time for something pretty cool to justify ending Jericho/Flair so quickly.

Maybe 30 minutes for Angle v. Benoit?

OK, I can still hope...

Jason

Guest Jobber of the Week

Edge has put on good matches in the past.

I don't understand how anyone who likes Rob Van Spotfest can not like Edge, because they at least both have a history of spots.

I don't get all the Edge hate here. Yeah, when it comes down to it, WWE found and trained talent will always beat the guys from Turnerland. But you should expect that.

Guest Slapnuts00
He'll lose it to Test

I was kinda being serious. I say it's just bad for everyone. The best thing that can happen is HHH beats RVD with interference or mass cheating or something to make it look like RVD gets screwed, because while he can't afford to be squashed, giving RVD the fake world title, with no where else to go could damage him too.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

You know, I am not really bothered by the fact that the hype for Unforgiven was minimal at best. 3 matches annouced with one week remaining wasn't a good move. But I am not bothered by that. Even though the In Your House series is over, the WWF still treats it like an IYH. And I still view it like an In Your House. So, that is why it doesn't matter about the hype. The WWE did the right thing by hyping Summerslam alot because Summerslam is one of the big 5 so it should be treated like a big 5. But its Unforgiven, it doesn't matter to me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21
He'll lose it to Test

I was kinda being serious. I say it's just bad for everyone. The best thing that can happen is HHH beats RVD with interference or mass cheating or something to make it look like RVD gets screwed, because while he can't afford to be squashed, giving RVD the fake world title, with no where else to go could damage him too.

I was being serious too.

Look at the heels on RAW.

Jericho won't get a shot...he's the IC champion.

Now look at the rest of them...there's only one I see that gets a new push every time he shows up at the arena.

I don't like Edge because of how he's made to look better than all his opponents for no good reason at all. (i.e. Angle) and he's average at best in my book. He's feuded with great wrestlers like Regal, Angle, and Eddy.

I know RVD is a spot machine, but he atleast is booked to lose a little face to put an opponent over and is more entertaining.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit
They better be saving time for something pretty cool to justify ending Jericho/Flair so quickly.

Most likely the stipulation in the BillyChuck/Island Boyz match will come true.

Guest ISportsFan
Theoretical question: let's say RVD wins the "World" title. Where do you go from there?

Probably they will just continue the feud with HHH (unless Michaels interferes), so Triple H can get the win back at No Mercy.

What I would do is give RVD (even though I think he sucks) a fighting champion stigma, in which he defends on every show. For No Mercy, give him a match with anybody from Jericho to Test, as long as it's built properly.

Jason

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Can anyone remember the last time the IC champion got the shot because they technically are the #1 contender?

Was it Warrior?

Guest Slapnuts00

Here's the problem with this PPV, there's nothing on the line! It doesn't matter if we watch it or not, it's not important, we can just watch RAW. Watching this Survivor Series tape, I remember marking out like crazy for every near fall, because I had NO idea who would win. There was so much implications in the match. The format was exciting, there was in-feuding, and a BIG prize with an unpredictable outcome on the line. What's the hook to buy Unforgiven? Undertaker may win the WWE title again (*snicker*), RVD could win a fake world title from HHH? I mean WHO FUCKING CARES?

That was the rule for the WCW US Title. That the US champ was the #1 contender.

Yes! Eddy wins!

okay back to what I was talking about. Thank goodness the IC champ isn't the #1 contender or we would have had to put up with Albert getting world title shots back in 2001.

Guest chirs3

Eddie won?!

CLEAN?!

Well this royally fucks my Stablewars picks, but damn it, I'm happy!

Guest kane3212321

The last few mins of eddy edge were good and made sense since they were aiming that edges head was the injury he was selling. ***1/2-***3/4